MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

The area at the front looks as though it could be level below the theatre floor, what do you reckon ?

It's hard to tell what that is Sid,,,I did notice the double hull however. Going to take someone working on that deck to post some better pics of that area to know for sure,,:)

From the look of the floor blocks there are more stern blocks to go in yet, the White painted areas Left and Right between deck 4 and 5 as you count from the flat area is where the Lifeboats go. Check out the side view picture from a few days ago.

Edited by sidari

From the look of the floor blocks there are more stern blocks to go in yet, the White painted areas Left and Right between deck 4 and 5 as you count from the flat area is where the Lifeboats go. Check out the side view picture from a few days ago.

Most definitely Sid!!! Looks like quite a few more blocks to!!! If you look really close,,you can barely make out the davits for those lifeboats,,:)

Going off the side view photo the next blocks to the left will be where the angled cabins will be.

If that's the case Sid,,,there are 26 staterooms plus the aft wrap suites and then the aft pool,,so there are quite a few more stern hull blocks that need to be laid down!!!:eek:

Yep long way to go yet, the floor blocks look like they continue beyond the bottom of the photo.

The next bottom blocks should begin to taper underneath towards the back, the Rust steel upright girder may be a clue.

Maybe this has been answered before...why is there no Deck 17? And there has not yet been an answer to the Yacht Club area on Deck 19?

The number "17" is bad luck for Italians like "13" is bad luck here in the states. No word on deck 19 Yacht Club plan yet either,,,hopefully we'll get an answer sometime this summer??:D

A little closer look at MSC Seaside today!!

MSC%20Seaside%20Starboard%20Side_zpsoqlbnlep.jpg

She's certainly shaping up to be very different LOL

The photos are great, Mike, thanks. It's interesting to actually see the different stages of the building process.

How funny! I noticed there was a Deck 13 on Divina...didn't know about the evil 17. Every culture has a different numerology...the Chinese think 8 is a very lucky number...

If you notice on the new MSC Seaside itineraries,,MSC Seaside debarks Ocean Cay, their new private island, at 11:55,,,Italian Seafarers believe beginning a voyage at midnight is bad luck as well,,,

Edited by Mikesa1721

She's certainly shaping up to be very different LOL

The photos are great, Mike, thanks. It's interesting to actually see the different stages of the building process.

I just wished I could get more detailed photos,,but at this point I'll take whatever I can get!!:D

$5.00 for the first person to link me to a stateroom plan for the 14 aft suites on Seaside. I'd also love to know the size of the balcony.

According to my confirmation, the suite itself will be 22 meters sq., with a 4 meters sq. loo, (good to know I guess) but it's the balcony size and the layout I'm curious about.

$5.00 for the first person to link me to a stateroom plan for the 14 aft suites on Seaside. I'd also love to know the size of the balcony.

According to my confirmation, the suite itself will be 22 meters sq., with a 4 meters sq. loo, (good to know I guess) but it's the balcony size and the layout I'm curious about.

If you can find an available stateroom, you should start to book the room online. After selecting and confirming the stateroom, you can click on the STATEROOM DETAILS box. Doing so will open a new window which shows the following (example):

Stateroom Number: 15040

Stateroom Category: Suite

Experience: Fantastica

and Stateroom Details, which includes:

- Occupancy: 3

- Surface: 215.28 Square feet

- Balcony Size 80.73 Square feet

My understanding is that (in this example), #15040 is a Fantasica Experience Suite which sleeps 3, and measures 215.28 square feet (inclusive of the 80.73 square foot balcony). To get the size of the stateroom (without balcony), deduct the balcony size from the surface area (ie: 215.28sf - 80.73sf = 134.55sf).

1719793529_MSCSeaside15040size2.jpg.ffa04a8ab510792ab4eb1da97b5fa41b.jpg

If you can find an available stateroom, you should start to book the room online. After selecting and confirming the stateroom, you can click on the STATEROOM DETAILS box. Doing so will open a new window which shows the following (example):

Stateroom Number: 15040

Stateroom Category: Suite

Experience: Fantastica

and Stateroom Details, which includes:

- Occupancy: 3

- Surface: 215.28 Square feet

- Balcony Size 80.73 Square feet

My understanding is that (in this example), #15040 is a Fantasica Experience Suite which sleeps 3, and measures 215.28 square feet (inclusive of the 80.73 square foot balcony). To get the size of the stateroom (without balcony), deduct the balcony size from the surface area (ie: 215.28sf - 80.73sf = 134.55sf).

I tried that as well. No luck. Here is our tale....

Honestly I have no idea how we became aware of this ship. We were not even planning a trip, I don't belong to any MSC marketing, have never cruised with them and could be called loyal to Celebrity and their Concierge experience. But the launching of this ship just happens to coincide with a major family celebration. Kismet!

Somehow I saw and ad for this ship. Balcony suites with whirlpools? I'm in!

Then we debated about the cost, and decided that instead of the whirlpool, that extra money would be better suited to excursions.

But wait, check out those Aurea experience suites on the back of deck 9, those balconies are enormous and they would be just above the public spaces on deck 8. We could chill on our balcony and people watch! But the cost... again we checked ourselves before we wrecked ourselves.

But wait, check the Aurea balconies further forward on deck 9, more big balcony space, less big payment stress! And we still get to ogle the public spaces. Win win!

But being the obsessive compulsive that I am, I could not let the aft balcony "beach condo" rest. Why are they not available no matter which cruise you look at? What is the cost of those beauties? What do they look like? Who shot JR?

So I called into MSC. We started with my preferred departure date. Dominique the angelic agent found an aft cabin available, fairly high up I would say which was also intriguing. Then I asked about the cost. The answer? Same as the rest of the Deck 9 Aurea suites. Wha?

What followed next can only be described as a mad scramble through the house trying to locate the wallet and credit card. Several pieces of glassware went down in the effort, and the vet says that the cat should recover nicely.

But still, no stateroom plan, and if you don't actually call into MSC I don't think you can reserve one. I'd suggest asking for Dominique.

Of course the paranoid side of me realizes that MSC has 500 and some odd days to realize their mistake.

It's going to be a long 18 months or so.

(And in case you think I'm joking about the OCD? I've gone through the exterior shots of the video MSC has on the web site frame by frame hoping to catch a reflection of something in a window. And yes I know it is an animation, not a real ship. But you've got to cover every base.)

I tried that as well. No luck. Here is our tale....

Honestly I have no idea how we became aware of this ship. We were not even planning a trip, I don't belong to any MSC marketing, have never cruised with them and could be called loyal to Celebrity and their Concierge experience. But the launching of this ship just happens to coincide with a major family celebration. Kismet!

Of course the paranoid side of me realizes that MSC has 500 and some odd days to realize their mistake.

It's going to be a long 18 months or so.

(And in case you think I'm joking about the OCD? I've gone through the exterior shots of the video MSC has on the web site frame by frame hoping to catch a reflection of something in a window. And yes I know it is an animation, not a real ship. But you've got to cover every base.)

Thanks for the explanation, I wondered. I so badly wanted one of those Aurea AFT suites and my PVP looked at a few different cruises, different dates to no avail. So, when he suggested just a regular suite, starboard or port, well, while I'm not really OC, I'm sure not going to buy into something I won't be satisfied with so just settled for an Aurea balcony. I'm still looking though... :rolleyes: ;)

Hopefully, you'll have a wonderful experience with your family and friends. Enjoy