Blu vs Luminae

Fritzou

We have dined in both. We like the quiet simplicity of Blu and loved the service level of Luminae. Add in the significant price difference and you are comparing apples and oranges.

We always book suites, we did before Luminae, try to look at it as a full package and not just a change of restaurants.

To be totally honest, I have not tried Blu too often because I found that the quality of both food and service was disappointing on all but our first cruise after the restaurant was available. We used to choose to eat only in the specialty restaurants.

We much prefer Luminae to Blu or the specialty restaurants. The one item we loved in Blu, the chicken consume, was trumped by the duck consume in Luminae!

Loved Blu found the service to be excellent and never crowded always got our window seat and had our drinks waiting for us when we arrived. Loved the food and we found we could custom order if we did not like what was on menu. Have not tried Luminae but have dinned in wine room at Ocean Liners and that was over the top. Very special night.

We love Blu, and always prefer Aqua class, however Luminae is just superb. We had to have a serious discussion about whether or not we even wanted to give up dinner in Luminae to take advantage of our free specialty restaurant meal.

Loved Blu found the service to be excellent and never crowded always got our window seat and had our drinks waiting for us when we arrived.

Just curious - how did you arrange to have drinks waiting for you in Blu?

As you can see, the responses are all over based upon personal preferences. Since you have sailed in Aqua before,you probably made a wise choice with a Sky Suite on a TA, since they are most likely the least cost for a suite.

Now you can decide for yourself, from personal experience! Have a great cruise!

Love Blu for the food' date=' service and ambiance (not to mention the lovely, civilized breakfast!!) Have never dined in Luminae, but it better be 2 to 3 times as good since you're paying so much more to dine there!![/quote']

Luminae is a perk for booking a suite. There a many other advantages beyond a few meals a day that are worth the extra money to some.

Edited by Oville

Personally, I've thought the quality of food and service in Blu has declined over the years. The menu never changes.

Yes, it's better than the MDR.. At least with a suite you can choose between Luminae and Blu depending on the nightly posted menu.

If you are in a suite you can dine in Blu as well.

Looking at the dining times on sea days. You wont be able to get breakfast in Luminae. They do not open until 10:30am on sea days. If your looking for breakfast before 8:00am you can not eat in Blu or the MDR. So your left with room service or the buffet.

I have booked 2 sky suites on a 15 night cruise with 7 sea days. Is the cost difference between Sky and Aqua per cabin really worth it. It just makes me think. On the other hand Blu is closed for lunch.

The only reason to book a suite is for the room and the many other perks for the high end suites. I really enjoyed Luminae but certainly wouldn't book a suite for the dining room. Personally I book a Sky Suite so when my husband snores I can at least go to the sofa and get a little farther away. I also like the storage and bathtub. Luminae is a nice bonus.

The only reason to book a suite is for the room and the many other perks for the high end suites. I really enjoyed Luminae but certainly wouldn't book a suite for the dining room. Personally I book a Sky Suite so when my husband snores I can at least go to the sofa and get a little farther away. I also like the storage and bathtub. Luminae is a nice bonus.

Thank Goodness! I was beginning to think I was the only person who's primary reason for booking a suite was the space.

Yes, like Michael's Club:D:D:D

Michael's Club isn't for all suites. Sky Suites cannot use MC.

We're a different drum here. We didn't like Luminae at all. The lunch menu never changes and we didn't like any of the lunch selections. There were very few dinner menus we liked at all, and thought that for the price you pay, especially in Celebrity Suites and higher, that the dinner selections are sparse. Service has been great in both Blu and Luminae, in our experience.

Looking at the dining times on sea days. You wont be able to get breakfast in Luminae. They do not open until 10:30am on sea days. If your looking for breakfast before 8:00am you can not eat in Blu or the MDR. So your left with room service or the buffet.

I have booked 2 sky suites on a 15 night cruise with 7 sea days. Is the cost difference between Sky and Aqua per cabin really worth it. It just makes me think. On the other hand Blu is closed for lunch.

Your information on the breakfast time in Luminae is wrong. We were just on Summit and breakfast is 7 to 9:30, every day. The one meal we loved in Luminae was breakfast. The fresh squeezed juices, waffles, eggs any style, sausage and bacon, smoothies, cereals and all kinds of baked goods were excellent. We dined there every morning, even on sea days, and usually we were in there by 8:30.

I think where you might have gotten the idea of the 10:30 time is that after regular breakfast, they have a buffet-like "breakfast" with limited items until 11:30.

I think where you might have gotten the idea of the 10:30 time is that after regular breakfast, they have a buffet-like "breakfast" with limited items until 11:30.

Buffet???? The horror!! So is this like a breakfast into brunch into lunch? Because with dinner that would make 4 meals a day. I'd be furious if that were the case, because they said there would be 3!!

Thank Goodness! I was beginning to think I was the only person who's primary reason for booking a suite was the space.

We booked our last suite LONG before Luminae was even announced. We book mostly for space....but having said that the addition of both Luminae AND Michael's Club is a wonderful new perk....

For us, it is more complex. We have booked [higher-end] suites for every cruise after our first. This was initially for the space but, after our first suite, the "perks" [in the widest sense] published and discretionary, tangible and non-tangible.

However, Luminae is the reason we have continued cruising [at all] but the lunch/brunch issue is not very important to us. Dinner in Lumiane is. Quality [rather than times] of breakfast is a bonus.

We have strong reasons for believing that we are in the target market for Celebrity's new Suite Class Experience. So far, it so working for us.