Yet another example of Princess inertia

smslms

Suddenly we can't access any of our booked cruises through Cruise Personalizer.

Have attempted to contact them via email. Of course, there is no response as Princess again show their total disregard for passenger relations.

Does anyone out there have an email address for anyone in a position of responsibility with Princess, someone who might actually respond to a customer. I know the whole concept is complete anethema to Princess, but is there anyone there who might listen to a complaint. Please post if you have been fortunate enough to actually come into possession of an email address to a live, caring person at Princess.

Have attempted to contact them via email. Of course, there is no response as Princess again show their total disregard for passenger relations.

Does anyone out there have an email address for anyone in a position of responsibility with Princess, someone who might actually respond to a customer. I know the whole concept is complete anethema to Princess, but is there anyone there who might listen to a complaint. Please post if you have been fortunate enough to actually come into possession of an email address to a live, caring person at Princess.

Wow... bad day? You do realize that the call center/customer relations departments aren't 24/7? Call in the morning...

This is not a demonstration of total disregard for passenger relations, and I don't know how you'd come to such a conclusion. Many major websites get so much traffic that it takes several "mirrored" servers to handle the load, and I suspect Princess is in this category. They may also distribute those servers around the globe. That's easy enough (actually, it's quite hard) to handle for the general "static pages", but then as you go deeper it gets vastly more complex. For example, if you wanted to book a cruise online and you wanted to choose your cabin, but someone else was doing the same thing at the exact same time for the exact same cruise, how would you track the unique sales and intervene before it's too far down the line? Once the cruise is booked, now you're in the Cruise Personalizer, and there's even more details to manage. Because it's hard, it's not 100% available, and no matter how hard humans work at it, humans make mistakes, and the website goes down. Again, it's not a total disregard for customer relations.

Then, you want email to get as quick of a response as telephone. Honestly, as others have said, pick up the phone. I, for one, tend to use phone calls for general questions about the product and services, and use email when I need to spell out a lot of details before they could handle my inquiry accurately (doing so in email makes it easier for them to understand the boundaries and parameters), or if it's something that I expect will take some time. Let's face it, the telephone agents are measured based on call completion times, so pick the right medium for the job.

An email to customer service ALWAYS gets an automated response telling you they will get back to you within a few days.

Wow, I await a bad review of the cruise

Someone that demanding is not giing to enjoy it.

Edited by M4dC0w

Princess is updating their site and it has caused some problems with bookings. Wednesday we decided an email from Princess about pre paid beverage packages that had the wrong booking number. This was soon followed up by another copy of the email with the correct booking number and an "oops" message. These things happen during maintainance and upgrades of computer systems, so nothing to worry about. :)

I have a self imposed rule at work (as do many others I work with).........never read or reply to an email the same day you receive it. If its important the person sending it should use the phone to explain the issue then follow up with an email if required.

You would be surprised how many 'urgent' emails are no longer urgent if you ignore them for 24 hours.

Result??? Less stress :)

I had a problem today after I talked to my vacation planner. I had the same problem once before the problem the VP went into my planner with his password to check things out for me and it changed the password. I talked to him to make sure then requested a new password. Problem solved.

I also received one with the wrong booking number only mine was telling me to reserve shore excursions. The next day I got an "oops" one telling me that the previous one had used a booking number for one of my past cruises.

Edited by Sea Day Cruiser

Princess is updating their site and it has caused some problems with bookings. Wednesday we decided an email from Princess about pre paid beverage packages that had the wrong booking number. This was soon followed up by another copy of the email with the correct booking number and an "oops" message. These things happen during maintainance and upgrades of computer systems, so nothing to worry about. :)

You got that too? The first email was a booking number we took in Mar 15. Then we got an apologetic (oops) email correcting the number to a future cruise.

Edit: How much consideration should I ask for?

Edited by RocketMan275

You got that too? The first email was a booking number we took in Mar 15. Then we got an apologetic (oops) email correcting the number to a future cruise.

We got the email, too. I figure we're due at least three free cruises in full suites, right? LOL!

I wouldn't accept anything less than a free cruise. And I want free excursions for the inconvenience of receiving two emails instead of one. It clogged my inbox! :-))

We got the email, too. I figure we're due at least three free cruises in full suites, right? LOL!

With complementary drink packages and gratuities included. I would also expect to be picked up at the airport in a limo driven by the Captain or First Officer.

I suggest you make a phone call to Princess so the issue can be resolved very quickly.

Exactly!! We live in such a high-tech society that people often forget that old technology, like a telephone, still works really well ... and there is nothing more effective that talking with someone to resolve an issue.