Diamond Upgrade and Gift Preferences

A friend of mine here on CC is saying she's getting this message on her preferences page

cor_systemerror_ico.gifYour request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.

Anybody else getting this? I still have nothing on my page :rolleyes:

Going back to the OP question I think it was about Diamond benefits? If our "special water" isnt' there we could care less. Either way its it's just a water or coke or two, does it really matter that much?? I can't believe people spend that much time worrying about a single beverage after spending thousands on a cruise....

We are "Diamond" or otherwise at multiple hotel chains which means some "in room perks". If they aren't there we can talk to them when we arrive. I just don't get the plan of worrying so much in advance about a bottle of water and "registering" for it.....good grief.........I guess it's a cruise thing/obsession we will never understand.......... We will take our Diamond 225.00 or more discount and be happy. Won't worry much about the "free water" in the room...................and will likely never spend time "registering" for our "free beverage" in our cabin :) It almost blows my mind that people bother with this for a bottle of water or soda, let alone spending who knows how much time online trying to set it up.......

Edited by bouhunter

Going back to the OP question I think it was about Diamond benefits? If our "special water" isnt' there we could care less. Either way its it's just a water or coke or two, does it really matter that much?? I can't believe people spend that much time worrying about a single beverage after spending thousands on a cruise....

We are "Diamond" or otherwise at multiple hotel chains which means some "in room perks". If they aren't there we can talk to them when we arrive. I just don't get the plan of worrying so much in advance about a bottle of water and "registering" for it.....good grief.........I guess it's a cruise thing/obsession we will never understand.......... We will take our Diamond 225.00 or more discount and be happy. Won't worry much about the "free water" in the room...................and will likely never spend time "registering" for our "free beverage" in our cabin :) It almost blows my mind that people bother with this for a bottle of water or soda, let alone spending who knows how much time online trying to set it up.......

I do enjoy the perks but they're no big deal to me. I think the big concern here is the constant IT issues Royal is having.

And obviously you care enough to participate in this thread ;)

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

The difference comes when you become D+. Maybe someday you'll get there and then you'll understand, but maybe I already have enough beach towels and want to choose something else (like a bottle of wine delivered to the MDR), or I want to switch my "special" water with a couple of Heineken's, or I want to be able to choose my second amenity from the 350+ list. I'd rather not have to call RCL every time I want to do something (how ever trivial it seems to you) that a 10YO kid programming his dad's old laptop in his basement could figure out between sponge bob episodes.:rolleyes:

Chill out Orville................. you need to relax :) Figure out what you need for those beach towels and wine and water and heinekens and amenity's and "350 lists"........ u are too funny!! :) Yeah maybe someday I'll "get there"............... :)

Edited by bouhunter

The difference comes when you become D+. Maybe someday you'll get there and then you'll understand, but maybe I already have enough beach towels and want to choose something else (like a bottle of wine delivered to the MDR), or I want to switch my "special" water with a couple of Heineken's, or I want to be able to choose my second amenity from the 350+ list. I'd rather not have to call RCL every time I want to do something (how ever trivial it seems to you) that a 10YO kid programming his dad's old laptop in his basement could figure out between sponge bob episodes.:rolleyes:

I agree:).........there are other options we are not going to be aware of and may want.

When you can get up to a choice of 3 per cruise-- could be you want a change?

I agree:).........there are other options we are not going to be aware of and may want.

When you can get up to a choice of 3 per cruise-- could be you want a change?

Or you could just bend to the will of the queen of conformity and spend your days sitting alone in a dark room rocking back and forth mumbling to yourself waiting for RCL's I diot T eam to figure out how to plug in their monitors:D

Or you could just bend to the will of the queen of conformity and spend your days sitting alone in a dark room rocking back and forth mumbling to yourself waiting for RCL's I diot T eam to figure out how to plug in their monitors:D

Or send your teens there for summer jobs to fix it!!:D

OMG ur too too funny today. Take a nap or quit drinking:D

Why do you care what other people choose to worry about? (BTW, I don't particularly care that you find this so trivial.) It depends on whose ox is being gored, and what you find important -- maybe not so much to others. If I see repeated failures to deliver, I'm probably going to be bothered by it.

You reap the benefits in spite of your not caring, since those of us who do care might improve the overall product. To each his own.

Why do you care what other people choose to worry about? (BTW, I don't particularly care that you find this so trivial.) It depends on whose ox is being gored, and what you find important -- maybe not so much to others. If I see repeated failures to deliver, I'm probably going to be bothered by it.

You reap the benefits in spite of your not caring, since those of us who do care might improve the overall product. To each his own.

:p:p:p

TrollDetected.png

I contacted Crown & Anchor and this was the response that came back on 1st June:

"We are currently having online difficulties with the preferences area of the website. Our technical team is working on this situation; regrettably, we do not have a time frame when it will be functional. In the meantime, you may contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723 and a Crown & Anchor Society representative would be happy to update your choice. Optionally, if you know what you would like, you may also submit your request via e-mail to this address. Requests must be received at least 11 days prior to sailing. We truly regret any inconvenience or frustrations this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue".

That was two months ago and nothing has changed for me since then!

I spoke to a Crown and Anchor rep two days ago and was told that the site was not working because they are in the process of changing the C & A program (uh oh:eek:- maybe our perks are going to change! ). No idea when this would be finished.

I spoke to a Crown and Anchor rep two days ago and was told that the site was not working because they are in the process of changing the C & A program (uh oh:eek:- maybe our perks are going to change! ). No idea when this would be finished.

Now That I believe!! Been my theory all along........eek.:eek:

This will probably get me banned from the court of the queen, but sometimes a jester just has to take a chance, so I called C&A against orders and changed our "special" water for a pair of Heineken's. ;) C&A D+ rep said she had no idea when the site would be back up

This will probably get me banned from the court of the queen, but sometimes a jester just has to take a chance, so I called C&A against orders and changed our "special" water for a pair of Heineken's. ;) C&A D+ rep said she had no idea when the site would be back up

Finally, someone at Royal who knows what they are talking about.:rolleyes:

We are sailing in 3 weeks. I called last week to make sure all the amenities and preferences were in order and was assured they were. So - am I reading that in the past few days there might be additional issues. Do I need to call again?

Want to be sure my upgrade preference is set in case pigs fly and we get at upgrade. Also want to be sure all the promised benefits are in place.

M

I contacted Crown & Anchor and this was the response that came back on 1st June:

"We are currently having online difficulties with the preferences area of the website. Our technical team is working on this situation; regrettably, we do not have a time frame when it will be functional. In the meantime, you may contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723 and a Crown & Anchor Society representative would be happy to update your choice. Optionally, if you know what you would like, you may also submit your request via e-mail to this address. Requests must be received at least 11 days prior to sailing. We truly regret any inconvenience or frustrations this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue".

That was two months ago and nothing has changed for me since then!

I think this problem cropped up about the time they brought out that new not so good home page. We used to be able to check off each port we were interested in, very fast. And now the page must load before you can select the next port.

Called the Diamond + line, and they told me the Diamond Preferences is now getting priority.

I think this problem cropped up about the time they brought out that new not so good home page. We used to be able to check off each port we were interested in, very fast. And now the page must load before you can select the next port.

Called the Diamond + line, and they told me the Diamond Preferences is now getting priority.

The clicking and constant refreshing is what I find annoying and you can't go back, the page goes Blank!

Plus, you used to be able to see what ships were where in a certain month and pick your desinations if you were hunting for a cruise. Maybe you still can but I gave up trying to figure it out.

There is also NO date for each port now, it is by Day 1, Day 2 etc. so when you need a date when you are in a certain port you have to figure it out manually. OK but it was a lot easier before.

Maybe with everyone calling for them to list ALL the gift preferences or send them by email, they are now giving it Priority??:rolleyes:

I will be calling soon for our upcoming cruise and will want to see what it on the list to change or keep the same. It is a long list to give out if they do it over the phone.:eek:

See how long Priority IT takes.........:rolleyes:

We are sailing in 3 weeks. I called last week to make sure all the amenities and preferences were in order and was assured they were. So - am I reading that in the past few days there might be additional issues. Do I need to call again?

Want to be sure my upgrade preference is set in case pigs fly and we get at upgrade. Also want to be sure all the promised benefits are in place.

M

Call as many times you as want, they have not satisfied you enough with their verbal answer--- you are not seeing it in front of you. If you are really keen on wanting something have them send you an email with a confirmation that is what you are getting.

Then if it does not appear you have proof and go to the Front Desk or LA and have it changed from what you got.:D

All this uncertainty will surely give IT Priority to Fix it!!