Pinnacle Grill

shelnj18

How hard is it to get a reservation on a particular night? We were given 2 PG meals by our travel agent and were planning on buying two signature dining packages for the other people in our party. I understand that the date and time of the free meals will be assigned and we'll find out when we get to our cabin. We won't be able to book the reservations for the dining packages until we board. We don't really care when we go to the PG, as long as all 4 of us go at the same time.

it is my understanding that there is an upgraded menu in the MDR on formal nights, So here is my thinking.... We don't mind dressing up for dinner, so Maybe we should NOT go to the Pinnacle on formal night, save it for a smart casual night. To me it seems MDR formal menu may be like a 'free' Pinnacle dinner experience. ?

Am I silly in thinking this?

YES, YOU ARE SILLY but in a nice way

How hard is it to get a reservation on a particular night? We were given 2 PG meals by our travel agent and were planning on buying two signature dining packages for the other people in our party. I understand that the date and time of the free meals will be assigned and we'll find out when we get to our cabin. We won't be able to book the reservations for the dining packages until we board. We don't really care when we go to the PG, as long as all 4 of us go at the same time.

We have not had a problem rescheduling our free Explore4 dinners once we were on board.

We have not had a problem rescheduling our free Explore4 dinners once we were on board.

OK Roger- tell them the rest. You and Joanie are like family to MANY of the crew- there isn't much they wouldn't do for you! :D

FWIW, we have found that the PG experience can vary from ship to ship.

Our best and certainly superior experiences have been on the Prinsendam and Westerdam.

It is certainly worth a try at least once and with other possible reservations in place. You can always cancel the remaining reservations if you don't think it is worthwhile and get the obc.

A well run PG with great waiters and good food is a nice experience and one worth the time, the money and the enjoyment :)

It was a very rare time we didn't have a fine experience in Pinnacle Grill on whichever ship. We've been in so many lots of times and just about always truly enjoyed the evening.

I love the Pinnacle, and recently also discovered (on the Eurodam) the Tamarind. I get a discount, so the cost is very reasonable and I like to go at least once to the Pinnacle for dinner and the Tamarind even more often.

The steaks are wonderful, and so is that chocolate volcano cake. OMG!

We love the relaxed pace, the quiet, elegant atmosphere and the really GOOD steaks. The jumbo shrimp cocktail is to die for and the service is usually excellent. What's not to like?

We usually eat there every fourth day or so on a longer cruise, in addition to always booking Le Cirque.

The fact that we get the 50% discount makes it a good value for a very pleasant evening.

Sometimes it is not a problem to get the nights and times you want for the free dinners. Other times it can be difficult.

No one can predict how popular the Pinnacle is on your ship or how many people have pre-booked.

We usually go once on a non-formal night and enjoy it, though not enough to dine there exclusively.

On our April Ryndam cruise, DH said his steak was the best he had ever tasted in any restaurant anywhere.

As an aside, the hostess who greeted us in the PG that evening was incredibly pretty - like Miss Universe gorgeous.

I think the Pinnacle Grill is a nice evening meal but we always eat too much.

I cannot imagine eating there every night as I might possibly end up with a case of gout or at minimum, a number of extra pounds on after the cruise.

This past winter we were each given around 70 complementary Pinnacle Grill meals and left more than 50 of them unused.

It is really nice experience but a bit too much for us to repeat too often.

Scott & Karen

I think the Pinnacle Grill is a nice evening meal but we always eat too much.

I cannot imagine eating there every night as I might possibly end up with a case of gout or at minimum, a number of extra pounds on after the cruise.

This past winter we were each given around 70 complementary Pinnacle Grill meals and left more than 50 of them unused.

It is really nice experience but a bit too much for us to repeat too often.

Scott & Karen

-:- like you, I luv the pinnacle, but the sizes if the steaks are huge, I can only get through about 4 oz. of the 12 oz. steak and then have to explain that im full, except for dessert : and I luv'd, le Cirque, very nice, well worth the extra $

Edited by maxie99

We've also had the lamb, the pork, and the halibut. It's all been on par with what you would get at a good steakhouse. Independent of price, I'd choose The Palm, Capital Grille, Ruth's Chris, or Morton's. But, since the entrée alone would cost more than any of those restaurants, the Pinnacle Grill is a pretty good deal.

When in Seattle try the Metropolitan Grill- absolutely wonderful. They use the same Double R Ranch beef as PG except the Rib Steak at "The Met" is more like $70 (a la carte).

I've heard from many that the Metropolitan Grill was the inspiration for the Pinnacle Grill.

When in Seattle try the Metropolitan Grill- absolutely wonderful. They use the same Double R Ranch beef as PG except the Rib Steak at "The Met" is more like $70 (a la carte).

I've heard from many that the Metropolitan Grill was the inspiration for the Pinnacle Grill.

Sorry Frank and Loren,

We dined at the Metropolitan Grill last fall in Seattle and it was the biggest disappointment in terms of food on our vacation. The service was poor, the food while good was nothing special and when we left we felt quite "ripped off" because of price. We dine out regularly at fine restaurants and this was not one we would recommend. Probably a bad day or a poor server! :(

Laurie

Sorry Frank and Loren,

We dined at the Metropolitan Grill last fall in Seattle and it was the biggest disappointment in terms of food on our vacation. The service was poor, the food while good was nothing special and when we left we felt quite "ripped off" because of price. We dine out regularly at fine restaurants and this was not one we would recommend. Probably a bad day or a poor server! :(

Laurie

You definitely must have hit an off night- I've never had that happen and hopefully never will. Bad service can so easily ruin a meal. We've a;ways been lucky and had wonderful steaks. You are right though- the prices are up there with Ruth's Chris or Morton's- as such there should never be an "off night".

If you are in the area again try 13 Coins- more relaxed and casual and food very good. The counter is unique with huge wrap around stools you can hide in and interact with the cooks in the show kitchen- also has huge private booths.

And which steak would be voted the best? I'm sure their are lots of different opinions but I would love to read them!!

I used to love the boneless rib eye, but that was discontinued. They do still have the bone-in rib eye, but it has a different flavor, and is not the one I prefer.

So, now I happily order the petite filet mignon. Excellent every time.

You definitely must have hit an off night- I've never had that happen and hopefully never will. Bad service can so easily ruin a meal. We've a;ways been lucky and had wonderful steaks. You are right though- the prices are up there with Ruth's Chris or Morton's- as such there should never be an "off night".

If you are in the area again try 13 Coins- more relaxed and casual and food very good. The counter is unique with huge wrap around stools you can hide in and interact with the cooks in the show kitchen- also has huge private booths.

I will certainly take your recommendation of 13 coins for next time.

Thanks,

Laurie

Sometimes it is not a problem to get the nights and times you want for the free dinners. Other times it can be difficult.

No one can predict how popular the Pinnacle is on your ship or how many people have pre-booked.

Thanks to you both for your responses. We're on an 11-day leg of a 33-day cruise, so there will be plenty of opportunity for people on the longer portions to dine at the PG. We don't plan to board the minute that they let people on the ship, so we'll just cross our fingers that a table for 4 will be available on one of the nights when we can make it.

My youngest sister really doesn't even care - she only agreed to come with us so she doesn't have to dine alone. She has a peculiar food issue - she only eats meat if it isn't obvious that it came from an animal. :rolleyes: She won't eat anything with bones in it. Ground meat is okay, but she won't eat steak even without bones because of the texture. She doesn't like seafood, either. I found the sample menu on the HAL website and assured her that they will have a chicken option as well as vegetarian options.