Difference between stars and medallions

summer slope

I am not clear as to whether one is awarded the star pin on the cruise where you reach the required number of days. I know you cannot use the benefits until the next cruise, but are you actually given the pin at the awards ceremony?

Issuance of the Star pin varies. You don't have it awarded at the Mariners' Reception, but it may be sent to your cabin that day, or some other day.

Or, it may be sent to your home after the cruise ends, or, it could be sent to your cabin on your next cruise.

I've heard of all these methods of issuance happening.

• Like 1

I am not clear as to whether one is awarded the star pin on the cruise where you reach the required number of days. I know you cannot use the benefits until the next cruise, but are you actually given the pin at the awards ceremony?
Our 4-star pins were delivered to our cabin on the last night of the cruise where we earned them. If you need to have the spending bonus credits counted in order to qualify for a new level they may send the pin later, since those credits are not calculated until after you have disembarked.
  • Like 1

I don't recall how we gotf our 5* pins. We were already qualified when HAL added that new leveL We were 4* aned GOLD MEDallionwhen they started the Star Mriner Pro gram.

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

I don't recall how we gotf our 5* pins. We were already qualified when HAL added that new leveL We were 4* aned GOLD MEDallionwhen they started the Star Mriner Pro gram.

We were in the same boat: ours were mailed as soon a the 5 star level was announced.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
16 minutes ago, stl2ropo said:

Can anyone explain PC abbreviation as it relates to ship privileges, such as tendering

Thanks

Stands for Presidents Club to qualify it is 1,400 

pure days only.