Sorbet?

MsSoCalCruiser

Thank you. I am thinking about possibly skipping the dining room this cruise so I was wondering if I could purchase it.

I know for sure one of the Royal/Regal ships has the sorbet for sale/free with coffee card in Gelatos. I had my favorite honeydew sorbet there. I think it was the Royal but it could have been the Regal, We did one for Thanksgiving and the other for our winter escape and I'm not sure which.

Never seen it, except in the MDR. Just wait until the crowd has thinned out in one of the Anytime MDRs and tell the Maitre D' that you just want dessert. He/she will smile and take you to a table. Enjoy!!

We've done this before too. We went to Anytime dining for dinner, then left before dessert so that we could make a show that we wanted to see. After the show, we went back to a different Anytime dining room and had dessert. It's not a problem at all. :)

We've done this before too. We went to Anytime dining for dinner, then left before dessert so that we could make a show that we wanted to see. After the show, we went back to a different Anytime dining room and had dessert. It's not a problem at all. :)

It would have been OK to go back to the same Anytime dining room if you wanted to.

It would have been OK to go back to the same Anytime dining room if you wanted to.

Yes, of course. :) I left out the part about my stepmom not liking the rushed service in the Deck 5 dining room on the Star. We prefer to eat in the one on Deck 6 that opens later for anytime dining. My aunt was with us though too, and she has to eat early, hence we went to the dining room that was not our first preference. The trials of traveling with family :rolleyes:. My husband and I are the "youngsters" in our group so we try to be accommodating. ;)

The funny part was that we had to wait a long time between courses, but when the food finally came, it was just kind of dumped on the table. I guess that's why it felt rushed and slow at the same time, which is why we didn't stay for dessert, lol.

Edited by partybarbie

Never seen it, except in the MDR. Just wait until the crowd has thinned out in one of the Anytime MDRs and tell the Maitre D' that you just want dessert. He/she will smile and take you to a table. Enjoy!!

Great piece of information that I think I'll store away too for my first Princess cruise starting in six days. Heck, you never know; we very well might think a bit of sorbet is just the ticket!

Thanks for this! I learned something today :). I have ducked out of the MDR in the past before dessert to get a seat at shows, and then went to the HC or IC for dessert after. I never knew the MDR would seat you just for dessert!

Thanks for this! I learned something today :). I have ducked out of the MDR in the past before dessert to get a seat at shows, and then went to the HC or IC for dessert after. I never knew the MDR would seat you just for dessert!

We've gone just for appetizers.

Also, if you make friends with the Gelato's staff (usually the same 1 or 2 people), they will probably arrange to keep some on hand for you in the freezer. Of course, unlike the MDR its not free there, but also unlike the MDR menu, they will have it several nights for you. (

We do this every so often. Our waiter was so funny last winter; we'd be seated at one of his empty tables after we'd already had dinner and seen a show and he'd say, "Back for salad, yes?" Not quite. :p

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

I love the sorbet on board. It's usually the only dessert besides fruit that I can order (I'm vegan) but I love the fresh flavors! It's always so refreshing. And usually I eat so much at dinner, that I could only make room for something like sorbet. I've only found it in the MDR.

I love the sorbet on board. It's usually the only dessert besides fruit that I can order (I'm vegan) but I love the fresh flavors! It's always so refreshing. And usually I eat so much at dinner, that I could only make room for something like sorbet. I've only found it in the MDR.

It is refreshing. I wish it was available at the ice cream counter. I would love to be able to sit outside with a bowl of Sorbet. Doesn't that sound wonderful :)

It is refreshing. I wish it was available at the ice cream counter. I would love to be able to sit outside with a bowl of Sorbet. Doesn't that sound wonderful :)

I don't know why it isn't served at the ice cream counter, since many people have to or want to avoid dairy products. It makes a great mid-afternoon treat in warm weather, and isn't heavy enough to spoil my appetite for the early seating in the MDR.

I'll try to remember to suggest it after my fall coastal on the Ruby :).

I don't know why it isn't served at the ice cream counter, since many people have to or want to avoid dairy products. It makes a great mid-afternoon treat in warm weather, and isn't heavy enough to spoil my appetite for the early seating in the MDR.

Celebrity brings it around their pools in the afternoon. It's very refreshing and something I wish Princess would do too.

That would be good. :)

I know for sure one of the Royal/Regal ships has the sorbet for sale/free with coffee card in Gelatos. I had my favorite honeydew sorbet there. I think it was the Royal but it could have been the Regal, We did one for Thanksgiving and the other for our winter escape and I'm not sure which.

Hopefully, it would be available on either ship. It would make sense to me that they would have a few sorbet options in addition to the gelato.

So what flavors have you tried on Royal or Regal? I wrote down honeydew, lemon and mandarin, which all sound so refreshing. How about black currant or kiwi? Any others to try? :p

Edited by kcfoxy