Where do you WANT each ship to be deployed in 2017?

Thanks for your responses everyone. Lets keep this thread going.

Here is what I think they should do:

Ovation: Asia (Tianjin), Australia/NZ/S. Pacific (Sydney)

Anthem: 7NT Med (Civitavecchia), 6/8NT Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale)

Quantum: Year round 7NT Caribbean (Port Canaveral)

Harmony: Year round 7NT Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale)

Allure: Year round 7NT Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale)

Oasis: 7NT Med (Barcelona), 10/11NT Caribbean (Port Canaveral)

Independence: 14NT Med (Southampton), 4/5NT Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale)

Liberty: Year round Cape Liberty

Freedom: Asia (Shanghai), Australia/NZ/S. Pacific (Sydney)

Jewel: Alaska (Seattle), S. Caribbean (San Juan)+ LA in Fall

Serenade: Alaska (Vancouver/Seward), Australia/NZ/S. Pacific (Sydney)

Brilliance: 12NT Baltic (Harwich), 4/5NT Caribbean (Tampa)+ Boston in Fall.

Radiance: Asia (Hong Kong), Australia/NZ/S. Pacific (Sydney)

Mariner: Asia (Shanghai), Short cruises from Singapore

Navigator: Year round Galveston

Adventure: Year round San Juan

Explorer: 12NT Med (Barcelona), South America (Sao Paulo)

Voyager: Europe (Southampton), 10/11NT Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale)

Vision: Med (Venice), Middle East (Dubai)

Enchantment: 3/4NT Bahamas (Miami)

Rhapsody: Northern Europe (Various Home Ports), 7NT Caribbean (Tampa)

Grandeur: Year round Baltimore

Legend: 4/5NT Asia (Singapore), Australia (Brisbane)

Majesty: 3/4NT Bahamas (Port Canaveral)

When Quantum 4 comes send it to Alaska and Australia and send Oasis 4 to Singapore. Also, in 2018 have year round cruises in Europe again.

No, you have to create a better schedule for Miami ( just kidding ) I'm dreaming the day royal brings a real big ship back to Miami year round :-(

No, you have to create a better schedule for Miami ( just kidding ) I'm dreaming the day royal brings a real big ship back to Miami year round :-(

FLL has not one but the two biggest cruise ships IN THE WORLD at your doorstep. It is only a half hour drive away from Miami. Then next winter you have a 3rd one only 3/4 hours drive away!

That is much easier than what most people have fly for to get to the Oasis or Allure. Not to mention this winter, You also have Serenade doing 10/11 nighters, Navigator doing 6/8 nights and Indy doing 4/5 nighters. Then next year FR comes to FLL to do the 6/8 nights and Navigator will be sailing from Miami.

That many ships is just a dream for 99+% of us on CC!

Edited by Joe12

Hello everybody,

With the MJ staying in the fleet for the near future I am wondering where everybody would like certain ships to be deployed to.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL DEPLOYMENT SCHEDULE THREAD FOR 2017.

Thanks

Joe

Selfishly,I would like Voyager to come back to the US so I can visit my first cruise ship again. In the 10 years I have been sailing RC she was based in Miami, Galveston, and then to Asia. Can't remember if she was anywhere else in that time period. I did see her on a webcam in Adelaide once.

Sentimentally I agree. My first 3 and 4 of my first 5 cruise were out of Miami. Port Everglades is easier to deal with and for me, usually cheaper flights, but I miss the excitement of cruise ship row and seeing the home office across the way. The only advantage for me is after the cruise I can usually catch an earlier flight home.

I was hoping they would bring a Freedom class back to Miami.

Edited by BillOh

Selfishly,I would like Voyager to come back to the US so I can visit my first cruise ship again. In the 10 years I have been sailing RC she was based in Miami, Galveston, and then to Asia. Can't remember if she was anywhere else in that time period. I did see her on a webcam in Adelaide once.

Voyager did a winter in New Orleans too. We did the TA from Barcelona to New Orleans, and then a 7-day Caribbean later that year out of New Orleans.

Voyager did a winter in New Orleans too. We did the TA from Barcelona to New Orleans, and then a 7-day Caribbean later that year out of New Orleans.

:D I threw in that line because I thought I remembered her being somewhere else. If she was back in NO again I would consider a cruise from there just to be on her again. Thanks for the reminder.

Yeah that is weird. Maybe they have some sort of deal with Baltimore for bringing tourists into town. Or maybe Baltimore charges less to dock a ship than Norfolk, making the increased gas worth paying. I've never thought to sail from either place because they seem like they'd be cold.

That is one of the reasons that RCL left Norfolk. Norfolk had raised its port fees to help pay for their cruise terminal and both RCL and Carnival left. Carnival is now back in Norfolk, here's hoping that RCL comes back as well.

FLL has not one but the two biggest cruise ships IN THE WORLD at your doorstep. It is only a half hour drive away from Miami. Then next winter you have a 3rd one only 3/4 hours drive away!

That is much easier than what most people have fly for to get to the Oasis or Allure. Not to mention this winter, You also have Serenade doing 10/11 nighters, Navigator doing 6/8 nights and Indy doing 4/5 nighters. Then next year FR comes to FLL to do the 6/8 nights and Navigator will be sailing from Miami.

That many ships is just a dream for 99+% of us on CC!

I know but when you add the fact that royal headquarter is next to the port of Miami and sometimes you only see the old majesty sailing out of Miami when MSC Divina, Disney, carnival and even NCL are docked I scratch my head.

If I were the royal CEO I would like to have bigger presence yeah around next to my headquarter office.

...If I were the royal CEO I would like to have bigger presence yeah around next to my headquarter office.

If I was the Royal CEO, I'd want to put my ships where I get the most profitibility.

ANY ship to sail from New Orleans and preferably with an overnight then a daylight transit down the Mississippi to the Gulf. 2 vacations in one. Hope this can happen when Cuba opens to cruise ships from US, fwiw.

Last Spring on our Serenade repositioning cruise to Boston, our transit was delayed by a number of hours due to a barge of some sort that blocked passage on the Mississippi. Don't know how often this kind of problem arises but if it was not a very rare occurrence, that might have influenced their decision to leave NOLA to Carnival and NCL. Not every port can support an unlimited number of ships and lines are prone to go where their profitability is likely to be highest.

I would love Mariner to come back to LA (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE we need a ship here). I'd be happy with Jewel or RAdiance too. At least for part of the year....

Why let all the other lines (Princess, NCL, Carnival) have all the passengers:-)

They should do what they did with Jewel this year. Send her to Alaska and on the way back they should reposition her to LA. Then in September they should do two 7 night Pacific Coastal cruises and then one 14 night Hawaii cruise.

Lets see if that will make some money and make them think of sending one of the Alaska based ships to LA for Winter.

There you go using logic again. These theads are about passion. :rolleyes:

Well someone has to insert a bit of reality into these threads from time to time. Passion is one thing, fostering unrealistic expectations is quite another.

Well someone has to insert a bit of reality into these threads from time to time. Passion is one thing, fostering unrealistic expectations is quite another.

Miami is not as unrealistic as KC or Phoenix. ;)

I would love to see Royal Caribbean in Mobile AL and Jacksonville FL

I would love if they would base a few cruises out of Mobile. The port there is actually very nice. Also, having the Battleship park next door would be cool...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care which RCI ship, but PLEASE, one out of Charleston. They NEED another option besides Carnival. And if not Charleston, Norfolk would be a good second choice.

Erika

Is Norfolk closer than Jacksonville :what:

South is usually better than north all things considered.

Plus, JAX is closer to me. :D

Is Norfolk closer than Jacksonville :what:

South is usually better than north all things considered.

Plus, JAX is closer to me. :D

I agree, South is better than north for starting a cruise. Charleston is best case. But Norfolk is still closer than FL for us. (not that I want to drive North if I don't' have to). Besides, I figure JAX is too close to PC for RCI to consider.

Erika