What would you do?

lbfluffy

Ok so the new promotion is out which is the all inclusive drink package. Currently we have an inside. The package requires us to book balcony or higher. My husband wants to splurge and get a balcony or maybe a mini suite. The difference between the lowest balcony and the lowest mini suite is about $700. Is it worth it to go up to the mini suite? It is our 30th wedding anniversary, and we've never had a suite, but i just don't know what to do. I do know I will be taking advantage of the sip and sail and get out of our inside. I just need some advice. Thanks.

What ship are you on? What is the price increase to the balcony?

A balcony is a nice cabin for 2 people. We used to get those but now we get the mini since we have our 17 year old son with us. The mini suites are bigger with a small sofa and the bathroom has a tub as well.

For this sale: you will get the beverage package with either the balcony or the mini suite. You will only get the dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant with the mini.

Remember this is not a suite but a mini suite, so NO regular suite perks.

You just have to see what you want to spend and if it is worth it for you.

Have fun and happy 30th.

There is no suite about a mini suite. Its about a 10 ft longer cabin then a regular balcony cabin with an extra TV and a sofa. It has a bath/shower combo. I would save the $700 and get a reg balcony cabin on Caribe deck. The Caribe deck balconies are bigger then the minis. The balcony is half covered.

If you decide on a mini they all have uncovered balconies on Dolphin deck.

If you want a mini the only covered ones are on the aft Emerald deck.

Like Colo Cruiser said the Caribe deck balcony cabins are great. Also the balcony cabins on the very back of the dolphin deck have huge balconies. D734 and D 735

We usually try to get cabins in the back since i usually feel less motion back there.

It really is a personal choice. We love mini suites- the sitting area is very nice if you like to spend time in the cabin relaxing. we have also enjoyed balcony rooms - with either the mini or the balcony it is terrific to have your own outdoor space. In the end, the choice for us comes down to our budget for the vacation.

Which ever you choose have a wonderful trip and a happy anniversary.

There is no suite about a mini suite. Its about a 10 ft longer cabin then a regular balcony cabin with an extra TV and a sofa. It has a bath/shower combo. I would save the $700 and get a reg balcony cabin on Caribe deck. The Caribe deck balconies are bigger then the minis. The balcony is half covered.

If you decide on a mini they all have uncovered balconies on Dolphin deck.

I agree; I wish Princess would more accurately label minis "deluxe balcony" cabins. I am sure there are many who book expecting "full suite" privs, and are disappointed when they don't get them.

Ok so the new promotion is out which is the all inclusive drink package. Currently we have an inside. The package requires us to book balcony or higher. My husband wants to splurge and get a balcony or maybe a mini suite. The difference between the lowest balcony and the lowest mini suite is about $700. Is it worth it to go up to the mini suite? It is our 30th wedding anniversary, and we've never had a suite, but i just don't know what to do. I do know I will be taking advantage of the sip and sail and get out of our inside. I just need some advice. Thanks.

Listen to your husband in this case because it is an anniversary splurge, do not think of if it is value or not as that would really depend on how long the cruise is and how much and what you drink.

Thank you. I think we will go for the balcony. The only real advantage I see is the bath tub, but I rarely take baths anyway. I like showers. A bigger room is no biggie to us since it is only the two of us. I am waiting for my TA to call me with her rate.

One can buy quite a few extra libations with the $$$ savings. ;)

Why would you spend the "$$$ savings" on extra libations when you already have the AIBP?

It's their 30th anniversary. There's probably something sparkly in Facets that could be purchased instead. Pay attention Cruiser! ;)

Thank you. I think we will go for the balcony. The only real advantage I see is the bath tub, but I rarely take baths anyway. I like showers. A bigger room is no biggie to us since it is only the two of us. I am waiting for my TA to call me with her rate.

On grand class ships, an inside has only the desk chair. If there is

a second person, they have to sit on the bed.

Oceanview/Balcony adds a tub chair.

Mini-suite adds a love-seat.

Why would you spend the "$$$ savings" on extra libations when you already have the AIBP?

It's their 30th anniversary. There's probably something sparkly in Facets that could be purchased instead. Pay attention Cruiser! ;)

Yes Facets. Then it would be 1 for each of them. :p

With the mini suite you each get a complimentary glass of champagne at the sail away. The room is larger and has 2 televisions, plus a love seat that opens into a pull out bed. We did not like the bathtub as we prefer walk in showers. I suggest go for the balcony and use the extra money for a special anniversary dinner.

Happy Cruising

Personally for us, would not waste the money on a suite. We have cruised a ton, and have never booked a suite. We love the balcony on a 7 night cruise and do not need any more than that. If you spend a ton of time in your cabin maybe worth it, but for us, we are all about the sun, ships , ports etc, not the balcony. We enjoy it, but not enough to pay for a suite