Neptune Suite Breakfast in Pinnacle Grill?

hotzej

We don't normally drink at breakfast (shocking, I know) but any time we've ever asked for a Bloody Mary at breakfast in the Pinnacle, we received it. I don't know the exact mechanics of the thing, but the drinks showed up. However, once we found the Bloody Mary bar in Lido, with all its wonderful ingredients, we waited until after breakfast for our Bloodies. (How restrained and civilized!)

Seriously though... In years and years of cruising on Holland America, we've never had a reasonable request denied. Being nice and asking nicely will get you pretty far.

I would most want a Bloody Mary in the morning in the Caribbean. Since we always get a Retreat Cabana in the Caribbean, getting the Bloody Mary up there is NO PROBLEM at all. .... after the leisurely breakfast in the PG of course. :)

• 3 months later...

OK. I just read this thread and since I'm not interested in either Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's, my question is: will they still make me my Americano? And for my husband, his Cappuccino? No charge of course.

Also, yes or no re: Pinnacle breakfast. We're on the Nieuw Amsterdam next week and the Oosterdam TA in March.

OK. I just read this thread and since I'm not interested in either Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's, my question is: will they still make me my Americano? And for my husband, his Cappuccino? No charge of course.

Also, yes or no re: Pinnacle breakfast. We're on the Nieuw Amsterdam next week and the Oosterdam TA in March.

ON those two ships Neptune Suites dine in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.

We were on the Eurodam a couple of weeks ago and very happy to report the pinnacle grille was open every morning for breakfast. That's a first for us in a few years. Our favorite was the last day, knowing the cruise was over, we still had an enjoyable breakfast there before getting off the ship.

We were on the Eurodam a couple of weeks ago and very happy to report the pinnacle grille was open every morning for breakfast. That's a first for us in a few years. Our favorite was the last day, knowing the cruise was over, we still had an enjoyable breakfast there before getting off the ship.

Agree- great place for that last morning breakfast. Relaxing meal and gangway usually just across the atrium.

Very interesting, since they were not open on the Westerdam the final morning. This was December of last year.

Very interesting, since they were not open on the Westerdam the final morning. This was December of last year.

It was open our our Sail a Way cruise and a haven on disembarkation. That was in April/May 2015.

The Pinnacle servers are wheelchair pushers on Disembarkation day. Perhaps if they have many guests on a given cruise that need assistance, they may close Pinnacle in order for the stewards to be available for disembarkation work?

It usually opens earlier (as does the MDR, the Neptune Lounge and the Lido), and closes earlier because the PG staff organises the wheelchair disembarkation, and do the wheelchair pushing. We had breakfast there before we disembarked, but we were there an hour earlier than usual.

Edited by Lizzie68

The Pinnacle servers are wheelchair pushers on Disembarkation day. Perhaps if they have many guests on a given cruise that need assistance, they may close Pinnacle in order for the stewards to be available for disembarkation work?

I have to have wheelchair assistance to get on and off the ships.

Several times there were quite a few of us that required wheelchairs.

They have been using a combination of a couple of Pinnacle people and a couple of dining room stewards.

Lately there have been only 4 people pushing wheelchairs and it takes quite a while to get us all off the ship.

I have to have wheelchair assistance to get on and off the ships.

Several times there were quite a few of us that required wheelchairs.

They have been using a combination of a couple of Pinnacle people and a couple of dining room stewards.

Lately there have been only 4 people pushing wheelchairs and it takes quite a while to get us all off the ship.

Boy I am having trouble with this site this morning.

Anyway......

Breakfast in the Pinnacle on disembarkation for the last few years has been from 6:30 - 8 AM.

A few years ago when we were on the Statendam, because she was in Code Red and needed a deep cleaning, the Pinnacle was closed as the cleaning crew started working in that area.

Just recently completed 50 day cruise on MS Amsterdam (Neptune suite). The Pinnacle was open for breakfast every day of cruise for Neptune suite passengers only. We ate most of our breakfasts in the Pinnacle and enjoyed good food and service.

Just recently completed 50 day cruise on MS Amsterdam (Neptune suite). The Pinnacle was open for breakfast every day of cruise for Neptune suite passengers only. We ate most of our breakfasts in the Pinnacle and enjoyed good food and service.

You forgot Pinnacle.

There was a time when we were on the Amsterdam and we had breakfast in the King's Room. Then they turned the King's Room into a storage room. All of us in the PS and Neptune Suites had breakfast on the upper level of the dining room on the starboard side.

Glad to hear that now the PS and Neptune suites are able to have breakfast in the Pinnacle.