Carnival Corp Dividend Increase

paul929207

I know..its my strongest stock investment right now! :D

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaa!! :D

When we bought this stock in 2013 our adviser tried to dissuade us from purchasing..."bad investment", "slow growth".

It has doubled $$$ since we bought it. Plus dividends, plus OBC. Works for me!!

When we bought this stock in 2013 our adviser tried to dissuade us from purchasing..."bad investment", "slow growth".

For sure not a bad investment, mine has tripled plus some. :)

That is the same thing that happened to us when we called our broker to purchase the stock. It was a few years ago and have just kept it, plus purchased more shares over the past couple years. So the higher dividend is a good thing, and of coarse the benefits are nice :)

Cori

It has doubled $$$ since we bought it. Plus dividends, plus OBC.

How has his/her other advice worked out?

I explained to my advisor why I wanted to buy the stock and he thought it was a great idea. We cruise often so we are getting a about $1000 each year in OBC. So I don't really care what the stock does. If it goes bankrupt tomorrow, I will have made a nice profit.

Our adviser was different. He was familiar with the OBC benefits and had several other clients who bought CCL for those reasons. He thought that if you cruised a couple of times a year, the OBC and the dividends made it a good investment.

Carnival Corp has raised the quarterly dividend 20% to 30 US cents per share effective with the next dividend payment.

I'm now sorry we didn't buy 1000 shares instead of 100 shares on our initial investment. Bought at $36 and change a share and now at $52 and change a share. Great gain plus dividends plus a lot of OBC since initial purchase. Wish all of my investments worked out this well! Go CCL!

I'm still kicking myself for not buying when it was around $18/share about 6 1/2 years ago. No, I had to wait until it went up to $25/share!

At least you got it. I guess I bought in about the same time. Paid about $26 a share

Great news of course. However the biggest dividend is the shareholder OBC on all Carnival Corp cruise lines which so far for us means Princess and CCL. This is money that would have come out of my pocket if it were not for the OBC. Obviously the more one cruises, the higher the "dividend" will be.

We bought ours for $19/share in 2009. It has been a good investment.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying when it was around $18/share about 6 1/2 years ago. No, I had to wait until it went up to $25/share!

Don't feel bad. I can't remember how many years ago I bought it, but I must have bought at an all-time high. It just this week is back up to what I originally paid for it. But I have gotten a lot of stockholder credit during those years so I have never been too upset about it

But for most of us, that's only $30. Few people buy more than what is necessary to obtain the cruise OBC. Sure, 30% is huge as a return but no biggie if you only have the minimum 100 shares. Multiple cruise and 15+ day cruises make holding this stock valuable. Yes, I know...preaching to the choir.;)