Learned something new

lbfluffy

I did not know that we are able to purchase only one all inclusive drink package even though there are two over 21 passengers in the cabin. Every other ship we have been on makes both of us purchase it. I am glad Princess does this. I do not drink a lot, but my husband likes his tequila with a beer chase. Not me.

I did not know that we are able to purchase only one all inclusive drink package even though there are two over 21 passengers in the cabin. Every other ship we have been on makes both of us purchase it. I am glad Princess does this. I do not drink a lot, but my husband likes his tequila with a beer chase. Not me.

Yup, that's old news and been posted here. Glad you know it now.

When the package first started it was required to be purchased by all occupants in a cabin. That was rescinded shortly after.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I honestly didn't know this (both occupants don't have to buy).. so, thanks for the info.

I noticed it states 40% off bottles of wine. Does anyone with experience know - should you order a bottle of wine in a DR... can you split it with friends? Or will they only bring you one glass? :(

2nd Q.. they have an offer for '5 for 4' beer (ie buckets), but it states "delivered to your cabin". Does that mean you can't go to a bar and get one to sit around the pool etc.

I honestly didn't know this (both occupants don't have to buy).. so, thanks for the info.

I noticed it states 40% off bottles of wine. Does anyone with experience know - should you order a bottle of wine in a DR... can you split it with friends? Or will they only bring you one glass? :(

2nd Q.. they have an offer for '5 for 4' beer (ie buckets), but it states "delivered to your cabin". Does that mean you can't go to a bar and get one to sit around the pool etc.

For your 2nd question, Is the 5 for 4 beer the item you can order from Gifts and Services? Yes those buckets that are pre-ordered will be delivered to your cabin. You will have a coupon in your cabin for the pre-ordered beer that you will give the room service person in exchange for your beer. On our Coral Princess cruise earlier this year, we was able to order buckets of beer on the Lido deck to have by the pool.

Most other cruise lines do that as well, it is only when pre-purchasing there may be issues.

I noticed it states 40% off bottles of wine. Does anyone with experience know - should you order a bottle of wine in a DR... can you split it with friends? Or will they only bring you one glass? :( Anyone can partake of that bottle. The person who purchases it does not have to drink any of it if he/she does not want to.

2nd Q.. they have an offer for '5 for 4' beer (ie buckets), but it states "delivered to your cabin". Does that mean you can't go to a bar and get one to sit around the pool etc. You can purchase this at some of the bars, but it is not included in the AIBP as the cost is more than $10. However, you can get a bottle of beer five separate times using the AIBP.

see above in red

Nice part of the AIBP besides only buying one since your mate does not drink enough as mine does, it that you can buy the bottle of wine and share it with them or anyone you want to. The $10 limit per drink eliminates buying the bucket of beer at one time but one can certainly go back 5 times or more to get a bottle of beer. Somewhat of a hassle as it is more convenient to just sit there and grab another cold one. Other lines require everyone in the cabin over 21 to buy the package so one more advantage of sailing with Princess.

Aren't you 'on your honour' not to share the purchase of a single beverage package with your travelling partner?

Yes! Princess assumes their passengers are honorable people.

Most often, the honor system brings out the BEST in people. :)

LuLu

I cruise Princess all the time and just realized this year that this was the case. It's great news because my husband doesn't drink. TBH I'm not a heavy enough drinker on a long cruise to make it worth while but on short coastal cruises I can drink my money's worth if it's only for 3 days.

I cruise Princess all the time and just realized this year that this was the case. It's great news because my husband doesn't drink. TBH I'm not a heavy enough drinker on a long cruise to make it worth while but on short coastal cruises I can drink my money's worth if it's only for 3 days.

Do they offer the package for the shorter cruises?