Pacific Pearl in Mooloolaba today - 18th July 2015

Lucky with beautiful warm sunny day. Rain forecast for next six days.

I assume they tender. Where do they tender to? The Spit?

They dont appear to be that far off shore. They would be tendering into the Marina, if there is one for public use.

v80izp.jpg

They dont appear to be that far off shore. They would be tendering into the Marina, if there is one for public use.

v80izp.jpg

Thanks, David. The beach, near the rock wall entrance, is the Spit. That is where small fishing boats come in. Some popular fresh seafood restaurants there, including Mooloolaba Fish Market.

Edited by MMDown Under

Photo on the beach has guys in long pants, I suppose 18 degrees is still cold for the locals.

Was there yesterday and it was bitterly cold and blowing a gale with 2-3 metre seas. Lucky they arrived today as the winds have dropped right off and only a slight breeze now. Dead flat in fact.

Was there yesterday and it was bitterly cold and blowing a gale with 2-3 metre seas. Lucky they arrived today as the winds have dropped right off and only a slight breeze now. Dead flat in fact.

That is good news for them then, the tenders wouldn't be able to come in otherwise.

Yes... Icy in these parts today.

As I type, the P Dawn ex Brisbane is heading north past our icy balcony in Caloundra...

Guess that maybe Pearl is maybe about to pass and head into the chanel to Brisbane?

S and P

Yes... Icy in these parts today.

As I type, the P Dawn ex Brisbane is heading north past our icy balcony in Caloundra...

Guess that maybe Pearl is maybe about to pass and head into the chanel to Brisbane?

S and P

Must be nice to have a balcony and watch the ships go by,although maybe that is a form of torture as well. I sort of feel sorry for the Queenslanders as it is such a shock and they probably don't have heaters. At least we are prepared for the cold every year. :D

Don't have heaters!!

We have a huge fire that has been blazing for a couple of weeks. It's freezing for us.

Bring back our cool nights but sunny days of winter, and leave this cold stuff for our southern mates.

Cheers

We like to share.:p

Sure, we usually have plenty to go around.

I know you don't get much where you are, I lived in Goulburn for two years :eek: and that's why we live up here now. :)

Cheers

We get it but only for around 5 months, so happy to have some during winter.:D

Knowing this area reasonably well, it looks odd seeing a cruise liner that close to shore. I didn't know Mooloolaba was a port of call...since when?

Since Last year.

Pacific Pearl tried to land tender to Mooloolaba last year (See: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2087530) , but it was too rough to tender in).