Does Princess Give Prizes for Trivia?

dilly25

I look at the trivia quizzes as a form of entertainment as well as a more serious competition.  One quizmaster used to add on extra questions which were not part of the quiz to fill in the blank thinking time some people need to get their answers down.  He used to say if I don;t give it a number it's not part of the quiz.  The other clue was that he gave the answer out too.  Spurious questions included ones like: Q What is a Shih Tzu?  - A One that doesn't have any animals.

Regards John

1 hour ago, john watson said:

I look at the trivia quizzes as a form of entertainment as well as a more serious competition.  One quizmaster used to add on extra questions which were not part of the quiz to fill in the blank thinking time some people need to get their answers down.  He used to say if I don;t give it a number it's not part of the quiz.  The other clue was that he gave the answer out too.  Spurious questions included ones like: Q What is a Shih Tzu?  - A One that doesn't have any animals.

Regards John

LOL, on a Carnival ship one of the assistant cruise directors added the question "what was his age". (I actually only missed by one year.) I told another of the assistant cruise directors who was new about that question, and his response was "That wasn't in the list of questions.".

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

LOL, on a Carnival ship one of the assistant cruise directors added the question "what was his age". (I actually only missed by one year.) I told another of the assistant cruise directors who was new about that question, and his response was "That wasn't in the list of questions.".

Unofficial questions like; question 3 - "What is my age?" and their answer is "The Vernal Equinox" tend to expose cheaters with a pre-prepared set of answers.

Regards John

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, john watson said:

Unofficial questions like; question 3 - "What is my age?" and their answer is "The Vernal Equinox" tend to expose cheaters with a pre-prepared set of answers.

Regards John

LOL, yes that answer to that question would surely show that not all was kosher.

I recall seeing on the cabin TV a game where an interviewer would ask a contestant questions trying to get them to answer with a particular word (maybe it was 'yes' or 'no.') in order to eliminate the contestant.  Anyone know what that game is.  Do they still do it?

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

yes or no game … we just had it on SKY … my wife did pretty good … lasted almost 2 minutes

on our cruise you had to get to 3 minutes to get a bottle of cheap champange

1 person got it out of about 15-18 that tried 

It is a fun game and one hell of a challenge. Have done it about 8 times and won 3.

• Like 1

Guess I have been lucky.  On our 5 cruises over the last 2 years, trivia has been fun.  I have not encountered any bad behavior or over competing on people's parts.  Also, when I actually won one trivia game(my DH and I just play for fun and alone), they wanted to give me the bottle of champagne and after I explained I don't drink I got a nice 4 piece set of "rubber" coasters, blue with the Princess logo on them.  They are a nice memento.

Pooh

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

yes or no game … we just had it on SKY … my wife did pretty good … lasted almost 2 minutes

I just looked at Journey View for the first time and I found the listing for the Yes/No game.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:22 AM, voljeep said:

The trick is to prepare your answers ahead of time in your head so you don't have to think about them. 😉

Works every time.