Bloody Mary Mix?

I wonder if they would snag a bottle of bloody mary mix if I carried it on with me.

I used to always carry a bottle of Mr. & Mrs. T bloody mary mix on board. I put it in my carry-on and never had a problem going thru security.

Now that we are allowed to bring wine on I just do that instead.

I used to always carry a bottle of Mr. & Mrs. T bloody mary mix on board. I put it in my carry-on and never had a problem going thru security.

Do you just buy some straight Vodka from the bar? Do you only drink the Bloody Mary in your cabin? Just trying to learn more. :)

Absolut Peppar Vodka goes great in a Bloody Mary. One person I spoke to thought it was silly to put good Vodka in a Bloody Mary since it is so highly spiced. I asked him if he ever tried it - he said "no". Enough said. :D

Edited by Cruisin'4Us

• 4 months later...

Celebrity has a great bloody mary mix. Can't figure out why royal doesn't use the same. I will bring on a couple of bottles of my own. Love a good breakfast beverage.

The best Bloody Mary IMHO is made with Absolute Pappar Vodka, Zing Zang, a half teaspoon of coarse chopped horse raddish and two large olives stuffed with blue cheese.

Makes for a great start to the day when on vacation.

I guess I will take a bottle of Zing Zang on board and hope I can find the rest of the ingredients on the Indy.

Edited by golfpi

We order tomato juice/V8 through room service and mix our own Virgin BM to start morning. We bring some of our own spices.Ive also been none to grab a vodka no ice olives , on my way to bed,Creating my own sometimes becomes like scavenger hunt .salt pepper from main dinning room, tobasco from buffet, lee and perrins worshtershire sauce is very challenging so we bring our own, and horseradish from park caffe .

The current mix or Royal SUCKS!!

We try to find a bartender that will start from scratch without the mix. It's been hit or miss.

On my first Royal cruise on Oasis, a few years ago, they had a Bloody Mary station in front of Vintages that made a great one from scratch every morning. There was always a line! Not sure if they still do that as it has been awhile since I've been on Oasis class.

We are VERY picky about Bloody Mary mix. My husband researched it and found out about Charleston Bold & Spicy. We love t! Thick and SPICY!

You're right.....

That Charleston mix is the best. Can't find it around here....

Here's what I've learned. The Indy's Dog & Badger Pub has the BEST Bloody Marys on the ship. They even list them on the drink menu. I've had them at the Windjammer's Bar (name escapes me), the pool deck, & the Cafe Promenade, but hands down the Pub served up the best. I think the key is to go to a certain bar each time you wish to start your day w/ a BM and get to know your bartender and 'teach' them the way you enjoy a BM. They'll get used to seeing you each day and soon enough they'll serve it up the way you wish. But I do agree that RCL's BM mix is pretty lame and takes some 'fixings' to make it better.

Personally, my recipe calls for Zing Zang, Tito's Vodka, Worchestershire, Hot Sauce, Olives, a couple of sliced jalepenos, a Celery stick and a Beef Stick... yep, toss in a beef stick. I even bring a dozen or so beef sticks w/ me on the cruise.

• 4 years later...
On 8/6/2015 at 11:10 AM, jamiehaas27 said:

I'm going to attempt to bring a bottle on with me and if they take it...no biggy. I like the mrs T horseradish bloody mary mix myself....the zing mix was a little thinner than I like.

Were you able to get your Mrs. T's onboard without a problem? 

18 minutes ago, djbromero said:

Were you able to get your Mrs. T's onboard without a problem? 

Funny you should ask this question on this 4-year+ old thread.  But to answer your question, I can't stand the bloody mary mix on either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.  Celebrity adds stuff out of a small bottle to tomato juice, and Royal has these large cans of bloody mary mix.   They are both awful.  

I always bring 2-3 bottles of Mr & Mrs "T" Bold and Spicy.  They are in plastic bottles, and I pack them in with my checked luggage, especially if we have to fly.  Have never had a problem in the past 3-4 years since it is non-alcoholic.  🍷

10 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

This was from almost five years ago......  

True, but it looks like they were doing their research and happened to come up with an old thread. I've seen people post on here when someone asks a question saying google is their friend and also people saying it's an old thread. People just can't win can they? Maybe they will get the answers they are looking for now that this thread has been brought back to life.