Invicta Watches - Onboard Prices

I was looking at the Amazon deal of the day like I do on most days and noticed that Invicta watches are on sale.

Where do I know that name from? Oh yeah...from my Royal Caribbean Cruise where I learned about fine time pieces from Invicta and what an incredible sale the ship was having on them.

Amazon has tons of them for $59.99 to $74.99. (Today only)

See for yourself here:

www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

Some of them have list prices of $1495.00, some list at $795.00, and other list at $495.00 or $595.00.

Either way it seems like the ship prices are WAY HIGH on these.

What am I missing?

With Invicta watches all prices are not created equal. Some the low end prices you see are for some of the low end priced invicta watches and there are actually some that you see on the ship are the actual prices that you will see wherever Invicta watches are sold online. On AT&T Uverse they have a shopping channel called "Evine" that usually on weekends and also certain evenings sell nothing but Invicta watches for hours. I have been watching that channel a lot lately so if I see some Invicta's I like I will know the price of them if I see them on my cruise coming up in October. I have bought two off the cruises I have been on thus far and the price was keeping with the prices you see online or on that Invicta channel.

I like Invicta watches and I actually would not buy one of the lower end priced watches in the price range you mention because I have heard that there are to many problems with them after purchase!

I too saw the same thing.. and Yes the ship needs to make a profit too...

Oh I have no problem with someone making a profit. However, someone selling for $500 what another vendor sells for $50 is beyond making a profit. :)

I like Invicta watches and I actually would not buy one of the lower end priced watches in the price range you mention because I have heard that there are to many problems with them after purchase!

Did you look at the ones they are selling and see the MSRP on them?

Invicta is the Thomas Kinkade of watches they can now be found in almost any retail/discount outlet. They have developed a huge market but in doing that they have degraded the quality of their product. Good luck trying to compare and figure out their pricing.

Just as an FYI...the MSRP on watches of this nature is nothing more than a joke. All manufactures in this area (Swiss Legend, Stuhrling Original, Red Line, Welder and many more) list outrageous MSRP's. Simple marketing to make the consumer believe they are getting some kind of great deal.

Edited by looking4info

Invicta is the Thomas Kinkade of watches they can now be found in almost any retail/discount outlet. They have developed a huge market but in doing that they have degraded the quality of their product. Good luck trying to compare and figure out their pricing.

Just as an FYI...the MSRP on watches of this nature is nothing more than a joke. All manufactures in this area (Swiss Legend, Stuhrling Original, Red Line, Welder and many more) list outrageous MSRP's. Simple marketing to make the consumer believe they are getting some kind of great deal.

That about sums it up. Hard to have much respect for a company that plays stupid games like Invicta does with their "MSRP" prices.......:rolleyes:

Buyer Beware...anyone can slap a high price tag on a watch and then give you a great 70 percent off. that price tag is a joke. you have know your prices; I did pick up a nice Invictor on a cruise, because I knew the price. Also, be careful, not all jewelers can replace a battery, you have to send it back to Invictor.

I have bought a few Invicta watches on Royal ships. I normally do not pay any more than $130 - $170. Yes I could get them a little less elsewhere but I enjoying the buying onboard (usually after a few drinks :p)

I did pay about $300 for one but it was a special edition with the ship's name engraved on the back and the carrying case was "interesting". Not worth that much but its better than buying a stack of souvenir tee shirts. :D

630ba80819dd88c9b569d5a954311c1e.jpg

"Either way it seems like the ship prices are WAY HIGH on these."

The ship's original price is high. But I've never seen them for actually THAT price. They constantly have sales on them. I don't remember ever seeing a time on the ships where you even *could* buy them at MSRP.

Know your prices, so if you see something you actually like you can know if it's a deal.

Buyer Beware...anyone can slap a high price tag on a watch and then give you a great 70 percent off. that price tag is a joke. you have know your prices; I did pick up a nice Invictor on a cruise, because I knew the price. Also, be careful, not all jewelers can replace a battery, you have to send it back to Invictor.

Same here! That is why I watch that Invicta Shopping channel and look online before I go on a cruise, so if I see something I like and I then see it on the cruise, I will know if it is a good price. I have also bought non Invicta watches in ports that I have researched before the cruise and have bought some and have left some because of my pre cruise research. :cool:

"Either way it seems like the ship prices are WAY HIGH on these."

The ship's original price is high. But I've never seen them for actually THAT price. They constantly have sales on them. I don't remember ever seeing a time on the ships where you even *could* buy them at MSRP.

Know your prices, so if you see something you actually like you can know if it's a deal.

That is anywhere you purchase Invicta watches, not jus on the ship!

Oh I have no problem with someone making a profit. However, someone selling for $500 what another vendor sells for $50 is beyond making a profit. :)

I agree with you.. refused to give somebody that much for something I can get a lot cheaper... heck I keep hoping for my cruise to go down

Nope it has double.. lol

I have found that for the heavily discounted watches on the ship (Invicta, Sturhling, etc.) the cost is close to what you an get it from Amazon.

I saw a skeleton watch on the Grandeur that I really liked- I paid $250. It's available on Amazon for $248, including tax and shipping.

So it's a little more expensive on the ship, but there is the added benefit of being able to try the watch on, and get it sized if required.

I'm not into Tissot, Citizen or Tag Heuer so I've never comparison shopped those.

Aloha,

John

I bought an Invicta automatic diver watch on the ship when they had their "blowout sale" on the last day. It was marked 60% off retail at $149. I thought it was a great deal, but I had no way to compare prices without internet access. After I got home, I found that my watch could be bought from many sources for $85. And no store was selling them for more than $149.

I contacted RCI regarding their price match guarantee. I sent them a copy of my receipt, and a link to the store selling it for $85, and I promptly received a refund for the difference.

I really love my watch and it keeps better time than most Rolex watches.

But don't buy an Invicta watch on the ship. If you find one that you like, just wait until you get home and buy it on Amazon, and you will be protected by their liberal return policy. Invicta is known for poor customer service regarding their warranty, and if you buy it on the ship, you won't be able to return it.

Buying any watch on board a ship is about as safe a bet as buying a watch from a street vendor in New York City;)

Are you suggesting that you might get a cheap "fake" watch? I really don't see that happening. I used to collect watches as a hobby and I became well trained at spotting knock-offs (they call them "replicas") and I've never seen one on a ship (street vendors on ports are a different story).

On our last RCCL cruise, I came really close to buying an Omega Planet Ocean, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. The price, plus duties, was OK, nothing great, but cheaper than I could get from an authorized dealer at home, and about the same as I could find from a trust web seller.

My ex owned a high end jewelry/watch store. Watches like Invicta are "fashion watches" - they are going to have unrealistic MSRPs and sell on the cheap. If you like one, and the price is right, buy it. There's nothing wrong with the watches - it's not that hard to have a reliable movement. But the ship pricing is not going to be as good as what you can find doing some searches online.

You will have better luck with the Tags and Omegas and similar brands that are well established and actually sell at prices closer to their MSRPs. But you will still probably find better deals back at home or on the internet if you do a little searching.

The latest ship gimmick seems to be the "pre-owned" Rolex sales. I would stay far away. You have absolutely no comparison and not all Rolexes are created equal and not all retain their value the same way.

Like women that love shoes, DH loves watches, he has many and a few Invicta's he purchased on Amazon. He bought himself a few jewelry tools and replaces the over the counter batteries himself.

I have and enjoy watches from across the spectrum of price points. Citizens, Tag and Rolex. The ONLY watch purchase that I regret is an Invicta. I bought it on an RCI cruise for approximately $70.00 so it wasn't a bunch of money but it never worked well. I opened the back and it could not have had a cheeper movement. Invicta is not a quality watch but if it puts a smile on your face and the price is low enough.......why not.