Ugh, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

ryano

Just found out through my roll call that there will be a rather large group of Nsync fans on my Allure cruise next April. Its known as "Dirty Pop at Sea with Lance Bass" cruise.

Im considering switching to another cruise but then of course I would lose my deal I got through the TA I switched my booking to. I got a CP balcony and 255.00 OBC for the same price I paid for an inside cabin when I booked this cruise on Freedom a few months ago.

What can one expect on a cruise like this? Closed venues Im guessing?

I guess its better than it being a full charter and getting cancelled altogether, or is it??? :o

Edited by ryano

I just found out about a month ago that my upcoming September cruise on Oasis has some sort of regional 80s radio station group. Being in my 20s, I'd much rather have the Lance Bass group. Wanna switch? ;p

I just took a look at the website. It says they will be a "large group" on-board. My concern would be with closed venues and lack of availability to things that would ordinarily be part of the cruise experience. At the very least, I would contact my TA to try to get more information and explore options.

How do you know its a "large" group?

On our oasis cruise we had a reggae group(band) and another group that I can't remember. Everything for the general passengers went on as usual. All the shows with the group and get togethers were done in private, nothing was closed to the passengers. Never knew they were onboard.

It seems most a/o cruises have groups now

When we were on allure there was also a group, they did have some private functions and a couple of times they were held on the upper tier of the solarium late night, that area was closed off to pax for a couple hours, like 9-11 pm but the lower section with the pool was all open

I looked at the fb page for this cruise, 21 people say they are going and 275 are following

Edited by setsail

I just took a look at the website. It says they will be a "large group" on-board. My concern would be with closed venues and lack of availability to things that would ordinarily be part of the cruise experience. At the very least, I would contact my TA to try to get more information and explore options.

If you want to have an idea of what you may possibly be in for, if there is a way for you to see the TV show with Donnie Wahlberg & The New Kids On The Block on a cruise with fans, watch the show. I believe it just had four episodes.

If you have a good travel agent, I don't see why they wouldn't work with you to transfer your deposit to another cruise.

Best of luck to you.

Even if u switch, which guarantee do you have that your "next" cruise wouldn't have a group or another :confused:

Last June in Allure we had a big group, there was a "private function" here, another "private function" there, half the WJ was closed.

In our upcoming cruise on Anthem we also have a big group.

Seems to me that's the norm nowadays.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise :)

It's not really *NSYNC fans but fans of Lance Bass's Dirty Pop with Lance Bass Radio SHOW. Their listed events schedule seems to be all private.

• Special nightly parties Hosted by Lance Bass, and the Dirty Pop crew
  • Special Art Auction featuring the art of Michael Turchin
  • Shore excursions hosted by Lance and the Dirty Pop Crew
  • Special Contests just for our private group
  • Comedy and singing by top notch special guest stars
  • Red Carpet Affair and photo opportunities
  • Daily Social Hours with all your Dirty Pop staff and special celebrity guests
  • Chance to have dinner with Lance and Michael at the exclusive Chef's Table presented by the Royal Caribbean chef
  • Dirty Pop with Lance Bass Talent Show at Sea with $1000 prize money and a spot on the Dirty Pop Sirius Xm radio show!
  • Free Welcome Aboard Party for our private group with free drinks

I wouldn't risk changing your trip. That's just my opinion.

I was on a cruise where there was a big group with a band. Many of their events were held in Studio B - the ice rink and never prevented me from going into any venue I wanted. On the final sea day, in the afternoon, they did a concert by the pool for all of the passengers. When it got to be too much for me, I just went to the Solarium then down to pack.

A few years ago, when we sailed fOTS; we sailed with the Danny Partridge fan club {cannot remember the guy's real name!}. I think at the time he was on a reality TV show and had gained some popularity. I think he was also a radio DJ and had a good following

They were also anticipating a LARGE group. We saw Danny around the ship a few times taking photo ops with fans; but it had ZERO impact on the enjoyment of our cruise.

Twenty years ago (?) the teenage girls would have been going crazy and there would have been a lot of hysteria to control. If I'm not mistaken, he's gay and married now .... so I'm guessing the teenage girl fan base will be well under control.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about it!

Paula Dean had a 'food venue' on our Oasis of the Seas cruise last year and honestly aside from seeing the people walking around with special lanyards it didn't disrupt our cruise at all! We saw her in the Windjammer with her husband and some others at lunch one day and that was it! Apparently, all her talks and demonstrations were closed venues so we weren't affected.

We have been on Indy twice with the Jonathon Coulton group, 800-1000 and they didn't cause any disruption. For MDR early seating- it was taken mostly for them but otherwise we didn't see a difference.

They had their own venues and functions.

A few years ago, when we sailed fOTS; we sailed with the Danny Partridge fan club {cannot remember the guy's real name!}. I think at the time he was on a reality TV show and had gained some popularity. I think he was also a radio DJ and had a good following

They were also anticipating a LARGE group. We saw Danny around the ship a few times taking photo ops with fans; but it had ZERO impact on the enjoyment of our cruise.

Twenty years ago (?) the teenage girls would have been going crazy and there would have been a lot of hysteria to control. If I'm not mistaken, he's gay and married now .... so I'm guessing the teenage girl fan base will be well under control.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about it!

David Cassidy!

Considering that the ship sails full most of the time, having a large group on board will not make it any more crowded. 6000 people is 6000 people no matter how they are grouped.

However, if they travel in a pack, they make take over a venue. But they have just as much right to use a venue as you do. Fact is, none of the venues hold 6000 people so some are at capacity from time to time regardless of the group size. My observation is that most venues are empty 95% of the time.

If the large group boasts a title that I might profile as obnoxious, immoral, or simply not my thing, I would certainly switch cruises. Its too much money to spend to take a chance at being miserable. If I were on land, I could switch hotels. At sea, not so much.

Knowingly joining the National Hog Callers and Screaming Association's 1000 member cruise might be asking for trouble. :eek: