"Hump" Cabins...worth it or not?

CCC3

Another Vote for the Hump Cabins!

I always book them -- they are my first choice.:) First Liberty was 7338 and the second was 7638 (only so could be on 'cam' side for sail-away).

Love their locations and the view from the balcony.

Owner's Suite hump 1314 on Navigator.

476_zps98cd631b.jpg

462_zps089eb67b.jpg

Is that 1314? When I booked, I had a choice between 1314 and 1328. Both are on the starboard side, 1314 being on the forward slope of the hump and 1328 on the aft of it. I took 1328 because I heard some say the wind on the forward side was a nit annoying. Your photo looks like it's on the port side of the ship. Of course for the purposes of showing the balcony, it doesn't matter, because it would just be a mirror image, but I was confused.

Is that 1314? When I booked, I had a choice between 1314 and 1328. Both are on the starboard side, 1314 being on the forward slope of the hump and 1328 on the aft of it. I took 1328 because I heard some say the wind on the forward side was a nit annoying. Your photo looks like it's on the port side of the ship. Of course for the purposes of showing the balcony, it doesn't matter, because it would just be a mirror image, but I was confused.

I am SO sorry! I have so many photos of our balconies I got this one mixed up. It's 9614 on the Navigator (port side). :rolleyes:

I am SO sorry! I have so many photos of our balconies I got this one mixed up. It's 9614 on the Navigator (port side). :rolleyes:

Well, that makes more sense. My other thought was maybe this was a film negative that got scanned "backward". But who uses "film" these das? :)

We had a hump balcony on a TA a few years ago on Liberty. The size of the room in front of the curtain was the same as other balconies, but in our cabin there was a wedge shaped area between the curtain and the sliding door. It was a great place to put DH's transport chair. We liked the balcony because of the location - very close to the elevators and we were located on the part of the hump that had forward facing views. We enjoyed the cabin and would book one again.

Was this one of the hump cabins ending in 30?

Jimbo :)

I have never booked a hump balcony (mostly because when I travel with friends we like to get connecting balconies, and typically on the ships I sail, thats not an option)

My question is.....

Is there less privacy on the forward and aft sides of the hump? does anyone have a preference where on the hump they like to book? Is the middle 3 or 4 rooms the most desirable? In many cases the humps are cheaper than the standard balcony's i book .. for example. on the liberty they are E class NOT d1 d2 or d3 (not that it makes any real difference)

I would definitely like to book one when I go solo sometime... just curious..

Yes, I believe the two humps we booked were E2s.

I would like to hear from anyone recently on the Oasis. I am booked in one of the cabins on deck 12 that used to be suites but are now D5 balconies.it looks as if the balcony may be deeper. Cabin 12240 and 12246

• 6 months later...

Center hump 8338...we've been aft-ers for years but after we did a slant hump on Reflection with twice the balcony and soooo easy to run back to room to get stuff...we booked this for our April Liberty...can't wait.:D