Crown and Anchor Pins ...

Wear or Collect.

I'm just curious what you guys all think.

I don't wear mine. I feel a bit strange wearing it all over the ship, a bit pretentious maybe. I don't really care if everyone can see how many cruises I've done.

A friend wears theirs on their lanyard where people can see them. He says the staff recognise it and give better service and that it is a conversation starter with other guests. I've seen no evidence of that, especially the better service bit.

I'm not saying what is right or wrong, I'm just curious what other people think.

Mine hit the trash or Goodwill years ago. I don't need those freebies. We got some globe or hand statue on the Millennium cruise. I'm sure it went to either place as well. I'm okay with the discount coupons and priority boarding. I don't need much else. Except, priority loungers by the pool and priority seating in the MDR.

We wear ours on RCI cruises and we have many cruising friends who always wear theirs as well. There are several who don't.

Interestingly we have never had any discussions with any of them as to why we do or do not wear our pins.

Service wise - it is always great.

The only "loyalty" item I've ever displayed (because I thought it might do some good) is a United Airlines 1k luggage ID tag. Even though I am now retired and no longer maintain that travel tier status, that luggage ID still usually nets us "priority" stickers on our checked luggage claim tags (even when we fly coach).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Guest maddycat

I don't even know where they are. Probably in a drawer somewhere. I would never wear them. My status on my sea pass card is enough.

I can only tell you that one one cruise several years ago, one of our table-mates was a delightful older couple (and we are in our 70s). We were not diamond at that time, but made it the next cruise. Jack wore his pin on the final formal night on his tux. He was a class act all the way. Since that encounter, we have worn them. We do not refer to them at all. We do not consider them pretentious in themselves, just the behavior of those wearing them. To each his own.

Margee

I think ours are in my jewelry box. We have never worn them. We don't even take them. I'm not sure I have ever seen anyone wearing them, but they are small. Not sure I would even notice them if someone was wearing them.

Never seen one. We hit platinum 2 cruises ago, and will hit Emerald this upcoming cruise. Never received a thing.....guess we will reserve judgement until we actually get one.

Had to go see the Loyalty Ambassador while onboard to get ours each time.

I wear mine on my suit at C&A events and formal dinner. Wife does not wear hers.

We were in the Concierge Lounge on our last cruise and two Pinnacle status people sat next to us. They wore their pins and pointed to them to let us know and said that they had "been on many, many more cruises than you folks, I guess".

I think they really should have been in the Diamond Lounge as they told us they were not in a suite, like we were and paid for. People can reach higher levels of C&A by staying in cheap interior cabins and be credited for the number of nights of the cruises rather than the price paid for the level of higher suites.

We do not wear our pins. We think it is pretentious. "Self praise is no praise".

We were in the Concierge Lounge on our last cruise and two Pinnacle status people sat next to us. They wore their pins and pointed to them to let us know and said that they had "been on many, many more cruises than you folks, I guess".

I think they really should have been in the Diamond Lounge as they told us they were not in a suite, like we were and paid for. People can reach higher levels of C&A by staying in cheap interior cabins and be credited for the number of nights of the cruises rather than the price paid for the level of higher suites.

We do not wear our pins. We think it is pretentious. "Self praise is no praise".

The concierge lounge is open to pinnacle members as well as suites, as is the suite lounge on Oasis class and any perk that requires a gold card. Even if they always sailed insides they have spent a lot of money with RCI to get to pinnacle. This particular couple may also have been jerks, but that is incidental to the discussion.

Mine from every cruise line are in a drawer. Have never worn them, but do like to collect them. I used to pin them on my beach bag, but it to be too many and looked tacky so they're all back in the drawer.

Mine are still sitting on the table where I put them when we got back from our cruise. I would never wear them.... and actually have never noticed anyone wearing them. Guess I will have to look more closely at the next M&M event. :D