Crown and Anchor Pins ...

We were in the Concierge Lounge on our last cruise and two Pinnacle status people sat next to us. They wore their pins and pointed to them to let us know and said that they had "been on many, many more cruises than you folks, I guess".

I would have told them where they could put their pin. ;)

How do you get the C&A pins? We are diamonds, will be diamond plus after our next cruise. Have not gotten any to date, and we have done 20 RCI cruises and I don't recall even seeing one being worn.

See the Loyalty Ambassador while onboard your next cruise or call C&A.

We were in the Concierge Lounge on our last cruise and two Pinnacle status people sat next to us. They wore their pins and pointed to them to let us know and said that they had "been on many, many more cruises than you folks, I guess".

I think they really should have been in the Diamond Lounge as they told us they were not in a suite, like we were and paid for. People can reach higher levels of C&A by staying in cheap interior cabins and be credited for the number of nights of the cruises rather than the price paid for the level of higher suites.

We do not wear our pins. We think it is pretentious. "Self praise is no praise".

Pinnacles have Concierge Club privileges, as do Diamond Plus. I believe Pinnacles have Suite Lounge privileges on Oasis & Quantum class ships as well.

Crown & Anchor actually requests that Pinnacles wear their pins to a couple of onboard events - the Welcome Back reception and the Top Tier reception. We were sitting with a Pinnacle lady in the CL last cruise, and she was wearing her pin. We had a great little group of about 8 people sitting together in the CL that night and we were all enjoying the conversation and drinks so much that we all blew off leaving and going to the Top Tier Event. The lady removed her pin, stuck it in her purse, and said "Oh great! I can take this thing off now!" I asked her about that comment and she told me that Pinnacles are asked to wear their pins to C&A events. I saw her all over the ship, but that one night in the CL was the only time I saw her wearing her Pinnacle badge.

Lesson to be learned - you really can't generalize. Some Pinnacles may be elitist, entitled, rude, snobby and obnoxious over how much they've cruised, and some suite dwellers may be elitist, entitled, rude, snobby and obnoxious over how much they paid. Same behavior, different reason, still bad behavior.

You are correct - the cost of the cabin/suite doesn't matter. 700 nights at sea is what it requires to be a Pinnacle - it makes no difference what kind of cabin you've been in for those 700 nights. The amount of money you spent doesn't matter. Once you've spent the equivalent of nearly 2 years of your life at sea in a berth in a cabin on a Royal Caribbean ship, you're a Pinnacle. Most Pinnacles will have experienced every possible level of accommodation, from interior to suite, by the time they've done 100 7-night cruises or whatever combination of various length cruises it takes to get them to 700 nights.

How do you get the C&A pins? We are diamonds, will be diamond plus after our next cruise. Have not gotten any to date, and we have done 20 RCI cruises and I don't recall even seeing one being worn.

Our pins were mostly mailed to us. Once we got them on the ship. We have all our pins in a drawer but have never worn them. I keep thinking I'll put them on my hat or something, but then I forget. I think some of them are pretty - never got Emerald, though, since that level hadn't been invented when I was at that number of nights at sea on Royal. (and Emerald might actually be the prettiest - darn!) I was thinking about seeing if I can make the D+ ones into earrings since they do have a dandruff size diamond, but I haven't done anything about that yet. I know I'll never have one of those Pinnacle badges - we got a late start cruising and most likely won't live long enough to cruise 400 more nights on Royal!:eek:

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise and tell him/her that you've never gotten any pins - they'll give them to you. And when you get them, do whatever YOU want to do with them - stick 'em in a drawer, sell 'em on ebay, put them on your backpack or your hat, or wear them on your lapel.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

I think it is funny many people who have the pins choose not to wear them yet list every cruise they have been on. isn't listing cruises a bit of bragging?

Yes. But look on the bright side - this keeps our scrolling muscles toned since often there is more scrolling to get through the signature than the length of the post.;)

Judy

I think they really should have been in the Diamond Lounge as they told us they were not in a suite, like we were and paid for. People can reach higher levels of C&A by staying in cheap interior cabins and be credited for the number of nights of the cruises rather than the price paid for the level of higher suites.

We do not wear our pins. We think it is pretentious. "Self praise is no praise".

If it's a full moon Tuesday, you will have all access if you wear your "in and out burger" tee shirts.

In a box, still on the card. I've never looked to see if anyone was wearing their pin. I fill a box with the Cruise Compass,our excursion information, and all the things from that particular cruise for my Grandson. He's been cruising since he was 4 and is now 21. One day he may want to look back at what the cost of a meal in Florence was when we visited, or where we were on a specific date. He's Diamond on his own and his pin is still on the card in the box for the cruise where he received it. He's close to Diamond+ and has two more cruises booked with us. He's not impressed with the status. He's more impressed with now being able to go to the Diamond lounge for drinks or to get the 3 free drinks loaded onto is Sea Pass card.

You are correct - the cost of the cabin/suite doesn't matter. 700 nights at sea is what it requires to be a Pinnacle - it makes no difference what kind of cabin you've been in for those 700 nights. The amount of money you spent doesn't matter. Once you've spent the equivalent of nearly 2 years of your life at sea in a berth in a cabin on a Royal Caribbean ship, you're a Pinnacle. Most Pinnacles will have experienced every possible level of accommodation, from interior to suite, by the time they've done 100 7-night cruises or whatever combination of various length cruises it takes to get them to 700 nights.

Judy

OOPS…actually what I said above is not quite right as I forgot about the double points. If you always cruise in suites you only need to spend 350 nights of your life on a ship to make Pinnacle since suites get double points.:o

Judy

I'm d+ and I NEVER wear mine. Thise who do look like snobs to me. They should be in some lounge yapping about all the previous cruise they have taken in my opinion, Collect the pins - don't wear them

I also snicker at those who wear their pins and their sense of accomplishment -- congrats on a job well done. Life on a cruise ship is difficult and their survival should be shown by a tiny pin

Do not wear

Don't want to appear as a snob

I think it is funny many people who have the pins choose not to wear them yet list every cruise they have been on. isn't listing cruises a bit of bragging?

When I see people wearing them, I don't judge them to be snobs unless of course they act like snobs. I just assume they are proud of the number of cruises they've sailed. I'm also sorry if listing my cruises in my signature some how offends you but I like knowing that someone commenting on a ship actually has sailed on that ship. I'm just returning the favor. When you judge people based on the pins they wear or the number of cruises they list in their signature, it says more about you than the person wearing the pins or listing their cruises. Happy sailing ;)

OOPS…actually what I said above is not quite right as I forgot about the double points. If you always cruise in suites you only need to spend 350 nights of your life on a ship to make Pinnacle since suites get double points.:o

Judy

You can even cut that further if you go solo. Laura travels solo in a JS and gets triple points. So I guess that's 233 nights. And don't forget the cruise points to cruise nights conversion

You can even cut that further if you go solo. Laura travels solo in a JS and gets triple points. So I guess that's 233 nights. And don't forget the cruise points to cruise nights conversion

Damn! You're right…I forgot that. I should not post here post martini.:o

Judy

I list my cruises for me. It helps me remember dates, ships and itineraries. You can feel free to ignore my list. :D

And I never got an emerald either. Didn't exist when we passed that mark. I probably would have liked that one. :)

When I see people wearing them, I don't judge them to be snobs unless of course they act like snobs. I just assume they are proud of the number of cruises they've sailed. I'm also sorry if listing my cruises in my signature some how offends you but I like knowing that someone commenting on a ship actually has sailed on that ship. I'm just returning the favor. When you judge people based on the pins they wear or the number of cruises they list in their signature, it says more about you than the person wearing the pins or listing their cruises. Happy sailing ;)

Very well said. I've never understood why people make a big deal about those who list cruises in their signature. So what if people are proud of the cruises they've been on? It does not mean that they are bragging! After all, this is a website all about cruising.

Very well said. I've never understood why people make a big deal about those who list cruises in their signature. So what if people are proud of the cruises they've been on? It does not mean that they are bragging! After all, this is a website all about cruising.

I changed mine to just list the ships by line. No mention of how often pet ship

Hubby got a couple of cufflink blanks on ebay and made them into cufflinks. They look cute, a nice ship themed accessory.

I can't say I have ever thought that people wearing their pins were snobs. I think they way people talk to or about others is more of an indication of that.

I would agree if someone pointed at theirs that would be a bit off putting :)

Pinnacles have Concierge Club privileges, as do Diamond Plus. I believe Pinnacles have Suite Lounge privileges on Oasis & Quantum class ships as well.

Crown & Anchor actually requests that Pinnacles wear their pins to a couple of onboard events - the Welcome Back reception and the Top Tier reception. We were sitting with a Pinnacle lady in the CL last cruise, and she was wearing her pin. We had a great little group of about 8 people sitting together in the CL that night and we were all enjoying the conversation and drinks so much that we all blew off leaving and going to the Top Tier Event. The lady removed her pin, stuck it in her purse, and said "Oh great! I can take this thing off now!" I asked her about that comment and she told me that Pinnacles are asked to wear their pins to C&A events. I saw her all over the ship, but that one night in the CL was the only time I saw her wearing her Pinnacle badge.

Lesson to be learned - you really can't generalize. Some Pinnacles may be elitist, entitled, rude, snobby and obnoxious over how much they've cruised, and some suite dwellers may be elitist, entitled, rude, snobby and obnoxious over how much they paid. Same behavior, different reason, still bad behavior.

Our pins were mostly mailed to us. Once we got them on the ship. We have all our pins in a drawer but have never worn them. I keep thinking I'll put them on my hat or something, but then I forget. I think some of them are pretty - never got Emerald, though, since that level hadn't been invented when I was at that number of nights at sea on Royal. (and Emerald might actually be the prettiest - darn!) I was thinking about seeing if I can make the D+ ones into earrings since they do have a dandruff size diamond, but I haven't done anything about that yet. I know I'll never have one of those Pinnacle badges - we got a late start cruising and most likely won't live long enough to cruise 400 more nights on Royal!:eek:

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise and tell him/her that you've never gotten any pins - they'll give them to you. And when you get them, do whatever YOU want to do with them - stick 'em in a drawer, sell 'em on ebay, put them on your backpack or your hat, or wear them on your lapel.

Judy

While I agree with most what you said - and I know you corrected yourself later about the nights at sea - it´s 700 cruisepoints and not nights at sea.

IIRC you got to P after 100 Cruises and sailling in a JS as a solo gave you 3 Points for as less as three nights onboard. So you could have made P with 102 nights onboard. This is not even taking into account the Diamonds in Dec. Promotion which got you an extra cruise credit. So you would have needed 12 nights as a single in a JS to reach Diamond and if you then did all three night Cruises solo in a JS during Dec. of 2009 and 2010 it would have been only 78 nights to reach P.

My calculation might be off some nights as I´m not sure about the exact conversion and the old cruise credit Levels to reach Diamond.

Anyway the bottom line is P was fairly easy for some to reach and without spending tons of Money as well.

But it´s also true that it doesn´t really matter, as they get the same benefits as Suite holders today and Money spent on the one or the other side doesn´t matter for this.

As for the OP.

I don´t wear my pin and should I make it to P I won´t wear it either. RCi can ask me to wear it, but they can´t make me wear it to C&A Events. If they do I´d rather skip those Events. BTW IMO it´s very bad taste to "make" your most loyal guests (their words) to wear a pin. It´s nice they give you the pin and if you want to wear it fine, but to ask me to wear it would offend me and I´d most likely Hand it back to them at the Point they put out the request.

Wow it's interesting to see people's opinions.

We threw them in a drawer with some other cruising mementoes. Didn't take them off the cards. I think they're pretentious as well. I just can't see myself ever wearing one of them.

I like getting them. They are a nice little gift/keepsake. Like many others we have a cruise momento box and we keep them in there. But wearing them for me is a no no.

I only started listing my cruises a few weeks ago, mainly because there's not that many ha ha.

I started because I'm genuinely interested in the cruises people have been on and think other people are too. I think it gives a bit of background to that person. For example my signature will tell people I'm a TAaholic. I think it also helps if you have a specific question about a particular cruise or ship because you can see who's done it already and ask them about it.

I'm definitely not bragging by listing my cruises, compared to some people I've not much to brag about.

I'm d+ and I NEVER wear mine. Thise who do look like snobs to me. They should be in some lounge yapping about all the previous cruise they have taken in my opinion, Collect the pins - don't wear them

Yep, I'm a snob….I wear my pin a lot…must be because I yap about all the cruises I've taken. :D:D

Actually, here's the truth:

We used to not wear our D+ pins. Then on one cruise a crew member asked why we never wore it and our reply was because we felt it made us look like snobs. He replied, "Please wear the pin because the lets crew know that you like us and keep coming back."

After that we began wearing them a lot AND by wearing them it was a constant reminder that we could, by word and deed, show the crew how much we really do appreciate and like them.

If a guest asks about our Pinnacle pins we try to take the opportunity to sell the company. Pinnacles have the background to answer questions about every class of ship and most of the itineraries.

Consider us a snob if you wish, but we will continue TRYING to be a positive representative, ambassador, and marketing tool for Royal Caribbean because we believe in the product.:):):)

Edited by beachnative

The only "loyalty" item I've ever displayed (because I thought it might do some good) is a United Airlines 1k luggage ID tag. Even though I am now retired and no longer maintain that travel tier status, that luggage ID still usually nets us "priority" stickers on our checked luggage claim tags (even when we fly coach).

Those 1k luggage tags and the yellow 1k bag locator thing that goes on the handle are wonderful. My DH only made gold on United this past year since he was sidelined with a broken ankle but still has those on his carryon from the year before. He flies a lot of regional jets and his bag is the first one brought up the jetway every time, really helps with short connections.

As far as loyalty pins, we have them somewhere, but have never worn them. We see some pinnacle nametags but not too many other pins. I did find it funny listening to one pinnacle going on and on telling some new cruisers completely incorrect information at muster on Freedom. I chimed in and corrected her and she got really mad and said that must be new because it had NEVER been like that before. We have run into some very nice pinnacle members though so you can't paint them all with the same brush, which can be said for all other cruisers too.

Yep, I'm a snob….I wear my pin a lot…must be because I yap about all the cruises I've taken. :D:D

Actually, here's the truth:

We used to not wear our D+ pins. Then on one cruise a crew member asked why we never wore it and our reply was because we felt it made us look like snobs. He replied, "Please wear the pin because the lets crew know that you like us and keep coming back."

After that we began wearing them a lot AND by wearing them it was a constant reminder that we could, by word and deed, show the crew how much we really do appreciate and like them.

If a guest asks about our Pinnacle pins we try to take the opportunity to sell the company. Pinnacles have the background to answer questions about every class of ship and most of the itineraries.

Consider us a snob if you wish, but we will continue TRYING to be a positive representative, ambassador, and marketing tool for Royal Caribbean because we believe in the product.:):):)

Well said! Looking forward to the day we reach Pinnacle!