The Princess Geeks are at it AGAIN!

flamomo

This morning when I signed into the Personalizer I was unpleasantly surprised to see they have changed the appearance and layout of the opening page.

Now the essential info re: one's booking is clustered in a box at the top of the page, and the remainder of the page is cluttered with pictures and dialogue that, IMO, amount to advertising.

I much preferred the old page because it was so straightforward and functional, and didn't bombard users with advertising.

I do wish the geeks would stop trying to justify their salaries by changing pages that we are comfortable and familiar with.

This morning when I signed into the Personalizer I was unpleasantly surprised to see they have changed the appearance and layout of the opening page.

Now the essential info re: one's booking is clustered in a box at the top of the page, and the remainder of the page is cluttered with pictures and dialogue that, IMO, amount to advertising.

I much preferred the old page because it was so straightforward and functional, and didn't bombard users with advertising.

I do wish the geeks would stop trying to justify their salaries by changing pages that we are comfortable and familiar with.

I agree, it's not as functional. If any of you are on Facebook (not me!) I hear commenting on the Princess Facebook page seems to get their attention quickly.

Strange that my desk top computer still has the old format but on my iPad it has the new format. I'm still on Windows 7 though - maybe that has something to do with the new format. Taking my time to update to Windows 10.

We are on board the Pacific Princess leaving this coming Monday. Late last week I casually checked My Princess account to make certain everything remained ok only to see "incomplete" on our status. Being OCD I panicked a bit and called our rep... three calls and a hour and a half later I get a response of a "programming problem" and "we think everything is ok" - that is the kind of assurance I like before beginning a 3,000 mile trip to the ship....

I'm certain everything is fine and the "incomplete" has disappeared. Just sharing to show unintended consequences of changing programming of websites

It's a not very well done attempt to meet the new mobile design standards. As more and more people access the net via mobile devices, providers are shifting content to better fit that platform. Not always with as much thought as they should.

I like the new format. All of information is right there to see. If one doesn't want to look at "advertisement-like" portion, just don't scroll down.

I'm with you on this. I opened it this morning and though it had a new kind of fresh look. Certainly not difficult to find the information along with some other interesting new information as well. I like the change.

No matter what the change is, there are those that will like it and those that will not. To each their own. :rolleyes:

Strange that my desk top computer still has the old format but on my iPad it has the new format. I'm still on Windows 7 though - maybe that has something to do with the new format. Taking my time to update to Windows 10.

Curious but doubtful that is a possibility. My desktop is on XP and shows the new format. I think it has to do with refreshing the page instead of using stored information. Hit the refresh button on your browser and the the new format should show up in place of the old one.

At least, that is my guess.

Dixon

I haven't checked on my iPad yet, my laptop is pretty much add free and the old format except a bunch of stuff that used to be under the next booking in the center column is missing. I don't recall what it was.

But something else is different too. I like to occasionally check the pre-cruise emails using the boarding pass and docs button. The emails have changed a lot. And I don't like it. They have changed the format of the emails greatly and information that was once there is gone. Example, a few days ago the "message from your hotel manager and maitre'd" had the hotel manager listed with his picture and that is now gone. The entertainment email had the CD and his picture and that is now gone as well. The emails do look nicer but I wish I could see who was going to be the CD and other stuff that was available just a week ago. And on the emails, it indicates my Mandatory Immigration Form is incomplete, but it isn't. Scared me. d

Oh well, change is inevitable and I need to go with the flow.

Oh my, when I looked at another booking I got the new format. Not good at all. Yikes! Used the links on the left hand side of My Princess, not the link to my next cruise in the middle of the page. I thought everyone was talking about the My Princess page.

Edited by yoyosma

I don't see much difference and I have Win 10 and all the updates. One thing I have noticed I don't like is the "saved cruises" bucket. To get the updated pricing you have to click on each one and go back for the others vs before you just hit the update price and see all at the same time

Why fix what isn't broken?

The key to long term success with almost any company is that they are never satisfied and always looking for ways to improve. Not all of these changes end up being for the better, but many are, I give them credit for trying to improve even things that seem to be working OK. Time will tell if this was a change for the better or not. A few dissenters is not enough to make any real decisions on this yet.

I like the new format. All of information is right there to see. If one doesn't want to look at "advertisement-like" portion, just don't scroll down.

I agree -- with one exception: I don't see the "travel summary," where you used to be able to review all the e-mails Princess has sent (or has supposedly sent). I found that handy a few times.

Edit: P.S. Oops, just noticed this info is still there. But it's under "Boarding Pass and Documents" rather than "travel summary."

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

I saw the change being referred to under Booking Summary earlier this morning. Now it's back to the prior layout again.

I still see the change to the Pre-cruise emails under Boarding Pass & Docs.

Same for me, too. Maybe they are playing with the changes and it is intermittently appearing.

Mine was different for several hours this morning, then changed back to the old display a couple hours ago. So, yeah, they're monkeying.

Jim

Something I have not noticed before in my Cruise Personalizer.....you can print out the Future Cruise Deposit form and it now has 2 options.

I noticed that a few week's ago. Yet you can't actually buy the FCC until on board from what I've read.