FTTF monster

1MKS1128

I don't see why you'd pay it with Princess, your cabins ready when you board.

Never had much delay boarding.

Unless there are a lot of tender ports no value at all that I can see.

It's not the access to the cabin I'm interested in. Rather it's all the limited optional activities that I want to have a shot at booking.

But I get your point of view as well. There are almost as many interests and priorities for early boarders as there are people.

Like some want to rush and make it to the open DR for lunch and I'm not interested so much as I would rather get outdoors on a (typically) nice FLL day, than be cooped up in a DR waiting for food to be served.

While I disliked my Carnival cruise, I bought FTTF. It was good value, and to be honest, I couldn't give two craps about plat/suite people not feeling being elite enough. They've earned their priority right by accumulating imaginary points. I earned it by paying for it once.

While I disliked my Carnival cruise, I bought FTTF. It was good value, and to be honest, I couldn't give two craps about plat/suite people not feeling being elite enough. They've earned their priority right by accumulating imaginary points. I earned it by paying for it once.

Uh oh. Them's fightin' words. LOL. The points aren't exactly imaginary. They do yield tangible benefits.

I sailed on Carnival in April, the first time in years. Bought the FTTF .

It was a mess when boarding began(It was delayed). I thought the pass would allow us in the first group. Not so, the suites went first. And for the amount of people pushing their way through, doubt if all were suite passengers. The good thing about it was our cabin was ready and most others weren't including suites and people had no access to their cabin for at least an additional hour.

I sailed on Carnival in April, the first time in years. Bought the FTTF .

It was a mess when boarding began(It was delayed). I thought the pass would allow us in the first group. Not so, the suites went first. And for the amount of people pushing their way through, doubt if all were suite passengers. The good thing about it was our cabin was ready and most others weren't including suites and people had no access to their cabin for at least an additional hour.

I have never seen any sign of anybody "pushing their way through" or pushing of any sort on a Princess ship. Just one more reason I like Princess and will never sail Carnival.

I have never seen any sign of anybody "pushing their way through" or pushing of any sort on a Princess ship. Just one more reason I like Princess and will never sail Carnival.

Yup, I am one-and-done with Carnival myself. With that said, I would pay extra on any line for priority tendering (both directions). The long waits at some tender ports in the hot sun can really put a damper on an otherwise nice day.

LOL yet we have 20 pages of comments on PRINCESS CC under the title "Rude Passengers."

LOL yet we have 20 pages of comments on PRINCESS CC under the title "Rude Passengers."

The fact remains that I have never seen anybody push or shove on Princess. I have, so far, encountered exactly ONE rude passenger. Granted, he was a really rude person but he wasn't pushing or shoving.

I will have to call you on that one.......

San Pedro. 150 trying to squeeze through the double door from the preferred embarkation lounge and HC people as well. People getting knocked down. All trying to be the first onboard. It was pathetic.

I have seen the same at least 3 times there.

San Pedro. 150 trying to squeeze through the double door from the preferred embarkation lounge and HC people as well. People getting knocked down. All trying to be the first onboard. It was pathetic.

Wow. How sad and pathetic. I've only embarked in San Pedro once so far and I do have to admit it was the absolute worst Princess experience I have ever had. We waited a very long time to board. Boarding was so messed up that people were still trying to get on the ship at sailing time. Sailing was delayed and, of course, muster was delayed as well. It really messed things up for people. Fortunately I didn't see any shoving or people knocked down.

How can people be that bizarre? I thought it was supposed to be a relaxing vacation.

Wow. How sad and pathetic. I've only embarked in San Pedro once so far and I do have to admit it was the absolute worst Princess experience I have ever had. We waited a very long time to board. Boarding was so messed up that people were still trying to get on the ship at sailing time. Sailing was delayed and, of course, muster was delayed as well. It really messed things up for people. Fortunately I didn't see any shoving or people knocked down.

How can people be that bizarre? I thought it was supposed to be a relaxing vacation.

Oh there are always those that have to be first, and at any cost. :rolleyes:

When we sailed on Carnival, we did not bother getting to the port early enough to worry about FTTF. We drove to Charleston, getting there after 1 p.m. It helped that that's the cruise where we took my 85-year-old mother-in-law. She cannot stand for long periods of time, so we requested a wheelchair for her, which sped things up a bit with the check-in process.

On our last HAL cruise, it would have been nice to have had priority tendering in Bar Harbor. For a ship that size (1,300 passengers), they should have been able to get us tendered much quicker than they did. Fortunately, we weren't in a hurry and did not have anything lined up to do.

Uh oh. Them's fightin' words. LOL. The points aren't exactly imaginary. They do yield tangible benefits.

These points exist in Carnival's computers. And they have no benefits at all, if some glitch wipes them.

Either way, yeah, them fightin' words. I really don't care if I hurt someone's feelings if they are getting upset about me (who paid $40-something) going to board shortly after they do.

These points exist in Carnival's computers. And they have no benefits at all, if some glitch wipes them.

Either way, yeah, them fightin' words. I really don't care if I hurt someone's feelings if they are getting upset about me (who paid $40-something) going to board shortly after they do.

Who's getting upset? You are the one that appears to be agitated. :(

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

NOTES

• The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Cost is $49.95/cabin

Who's getting upset? You are the one that appears to be agitated. :(

Nope, not at all. But "OMG, these lesser people who are not triple-platinum-with-diamond-sprinkles are getting somewhat similar benefits" threads/comments are entertaining.

Edited by Meanee

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

We'll be platinum on our next Princess cruise, so no biggie. Even with gold status, not a problem waiting for a while. But two out of the last three times we got to San Pedro, we didn't have any lines to wait in for checking in. And we were there around 11:30 to 12:30 those two times.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have. Not a problem on Princess. And back when we used to go on Carnival cruises, I seem to remember the cabins being available upon boarding back then.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Hasn't been a problem for us. Rarely do we not have our luggage by the time the muster drill has concluded.

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Haven't needed this. But we don't mind going in person, if needed.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

We're into traditional dining, so again not needed for us.

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

If not doing an excursion (most of the time we don't, but if we do, it's usually through the ship), we just leisurely have breakfast and then saunter to the place for tickets when the rush is over, or else wait until no ticket is needed.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

NOTES

We will never go with an impossibly early flight for ports other than LA (which is an hour's drive for us). And for LA, no big rush for us.

• The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Cost is $49.95/cabin

I can't think of a reason why this program would be good for us. So hopefully Princess won't implement it.

It's basically buy elite status for one cruise....

Seems it dilutes value of loyal cruisers' Elite perks by adding extra people into the mix for a relatively modest fee,.,

Edited by hcat

Depends on how many people they sell it to. Originally it was reported to be limited to 25-50 or so, that's not a big deal...If it's 200....

Also, one thing to remember. Yes, we get some of these already on Princess. Comparing prices, in most cases we also pay for it...

Seems it dilutes value of loyal cruisers' Elite perks by adding extra people into the mix for a relatively modest fee,.,

I laugh at the people trying sooo hard to get onboard before others. We are platinum and sometimes it takes us longer to get on than regulars due to the increase in P&E cruisers now. It is nice to get on and get settled then have a nice MDR lunch but not worth rushing or being rude to do it. Still have to wait for all to board anyway so why stress about it.

As for cruising with Carnival, our first cruise was a 3 day to Mexico so my DW could see how she handled being sea sick. The only thing she got sick about was Carnival. Very odd and peculiar things happened to us on that cruise but, fortunately, we decide to try other cruise lines and now have settled on Princess. Oh, NCL was as bad, if not worse, than Carnival. Never again for either.

Elevators can get bottlenecked at times too -- Especially after a show/event has just let out and multitudes are vectoring for any available lifts.

...We are platinum and sometimes it takes us longer to get on than regulars due to the increase in P&E cruisers now...

Now that I am Platinum, I am wondering if there is a way to find out ahead of time how many P&Es will be on a given cruise? I know the CD or other staff sometimes mention it while underway.

I guess I am just curious how big a mob scene to expect for priority boarding on my upcoming coastal :).

Now that I am Platinum, I am wondering if there is a way to find out ahead of time how many P&Es will be on a given cruise? I know the CD or other staff sometimes mention it while underway.

I guess I am just curious how big a mob scene to expect for priority boarding on my upcoming coastal :).

Never heard of a way to learn those numbers until boarding the ship & asking the Captain's Circle rep. They usually just chuckle when telling us that our year of cruising is nowhere close to a MTP event except maybe in Alaska where ours have been cocktail parties. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer