Harmony abyss ????

Ashland

Ships not even built/finished yet and people have their whine on. :p

Screaming people on boardwalk, you can tell they have never stayed on the boardwalk. The zip line has plenty of screamers, from one end to the other or the length of the boardwalk:D:rolleyes:

That's called a moving blockage

Ah come on setsail, what would CC be without a little whining? And half the fun of a new build ship is speculation and anticipation. And some wine with our whine. ;)

Yes the zip line has screamers, but what I really enjoyed about walking on the Boardwalk is how eerily quiet it was in the evenings, after any Aqua shows ended.

~ Judy

The 12329 room view rearward will be similar to the red box shown here:

2vlpf2e.jpg

12329 is on the other side.....We'll just have to wait and see how much it blocks the view. I have that cabin on my B2B in January 2017. Too late to change as prices have gone up on all Harmony cruises.

I am sailing in Nov 2016 -- hopefully we will know more by then, but you are correct - prices have gone up so we will not be switching.

12329 is on the other side.....We'll just have to wait and see how much it blocks the view. I have that cabin on my B2B in January 2017. Too late to change as prices have gone up on all Harmony cruises.

I have 10329 and I think (hope) the Abyss will just add another brand new and extremely popular and rare view & experience that cannot be enjoyed on any other line or ship in the fleet! B1s could become even more popular to book before this is all said and done. Besides watching the show, the people watching just exponentially rose a notch with this :p There's no way the Abyss will block the entire Aquatheatre and aft view of the ocean.

Ah come on setsail, what would CC be without a little whining? And half the fun of a new build ship is speculation and anticipation. And some wine with our whine. ;)

Yes the zip line has screamers, but what I really enjoyed about walking on the Boardwalk is how eerily quiet it was in the evenings, after any Aqua shows ended.

~ Judy

Yes, its sop on cc.:) Enjoy your wine.

We noticed one thing on Oasis. We were in a cls so we got to watch all the shows from our balcony and we noticed that there were few if any on their boardwalk balconies until the belly flop contest. During that time we guessed 75% of the bb's had viewers. We now know what's popular:eek::D

Did anyone else see this article in USA Today?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/cruiselog/2015/08/17/royal-caribbean-harmony-seas-have-huge-waterpark/31854367/

It reads in part

"Splashaway Bay will include a dramatic water slide offering a 10-story plunge, and a trio of waterslides. The multi-deck thrill rides are a first of its kind for the cruise line."

"The park’s signature ride, The Ultimate Abyss slide, begins spiraling five decks above the landscaped Central Park area at the center of the ship."

Not sure how that fits with what you all are seeing.

The deck plans were issued by RC showing the launch area for the abyss - right between the flowriders deck 16

5859fc59557b8d37b9471338533c4f36.jpg

My picture with the parking lot view was to show the line of sight from the 10329 balcony - without zoom. Most pics are zoomed to show the theatre

6iw9sp.jpg

Ok, so I spent most of my lunch today obsessed with what this is.

Problem is I found so many conflicting articles and blogs. Many of which attributed to Royal Caribbean. I found sources that said:

Water slide

Dry slide

Winding down 10 stories

Plunging down 10 stories

Very confusing.

I did find this photo added on 8/1, I believe it was taken 7/31.

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2295469

I don't see any signs of any supports yet, not that it means anything.

The deck plans were issued by RC showing the launch area for the abyss - right between the flowriders deck 16

My picture with the parking lot view was to show the line of sight from the 10329 balcony - without zoom. Most pics are zoomed to show the theatre

6iw9sp.jpg

I was just having fun. Here's the view from 12730

1440722118477.jpg.feca7bb108988c44f035bb4206f50153.jpg

1440722163760.jpg.72e0d46358e76c400d16e9c6db16cbfa.jpg

1440722209196.jpg.a7d6d09f20e31d029731376caae99d33.jpg

I know one thing, I wouldn't want to slide down a 100ft enclosed plastic slide in the hot Caribbean sun. The 10ft one my kids have in the backyard is hot enough. I'm not sure royal has done their research on this one. Maybe they plan on air conditioning it.

Funny you should say that. The slide was originally called the Ultimate Abyss "Cool" Slide. It's not "Cool" anymore though in latest deck plans.

fb4a19684b7cc50ac277657ec2a96f23.jpg

Ok, so I spent most of my lunch today obsessed with what this is.

Problem is I found so many conflicting articles and blogs. Many of which attributed to Royal Caribbean. I found sources that said:

Water slide

Dry slide

Winding down 10 stories

Plunging down 10 stories

Very confusing.

I did find this photo added on 8/1, I believe it was taken 7/31.

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2295469

I don't see any signs of any supports yet, not that it means anything.

STX France employees were onboard assessing the Abyss slide's positioning/placement two weeks ago.

STX France employees were onboard assessing the Abyss slide's positioning/placement two weeks ago.

I asked about positioning in relation to balconies and was told that the Abyss' slides are in the middle and not close to the balconies. At least that is how Google Translate translated it. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the final design will see the slide go from the pool deck out to the existing aqua theater structure (with the Anchor icon on it), and then corkscrew around those supports. That would seem to make sense with the answer regarding the view. If they left off the canvas backdrop, I see in the pictures of sister ships, the view would be arguably similar.

And, how they will keep it from being burning hot, is another great question?

I guess time will tell. Can't wait to see.

• 3 months later...
It could be just the angles but it almost looks like the abyss will come down not in the centre but off to one side. Could they possibly be removing the rock climbing wall from the port side to allow room for the abyss?

In this recent photo it appears as if the rock wall is being constructed on the port side.

451c8fa6bc3704b5ebb399b0811114c2.jpg

Nick Weir tweeted this photo today hinting at a secret feature of the Harmony of the Seas' AquaTheater. We get a bit of a glimpse of Abyss rendering.

e8bd21d08fcedbc71e6b52f4d1560a1e.jpg

What's new about a zip line, there is one now as part of the show. Is that one higher?

What's new about a zip line, there is one now as part of the show. Is that one higher?

Maybe it will be for guests instead of just the show? That was my thought.

An interview with Nick Weir:

http://www.cruisetricks.de/nick-weir...ren-zu-folgen/

One part had caught my attention:

"…What I can say is that we have a very cool idea for the AquaTheater for the Harmony of the Seas, which has not been done on any cruise ship. We still have not figured out all the technology yet, but if we can do what we want to do, it will be a whole new way to fly artists around the space…"

They may be trying something different with the Harmony of the Seas, such as 3D rigging and (zip) lines.

An interview with Nick Weir:

http://www.cruisetricks.de/nick-weir...ren-zu-folgen/

One part had caught my attention:

"…What I can say is that we have a very cool idea for the AquaTheater for the Harmony of the Seas, which has not been done on any cruise ship. We still have not figured out all the technology yet, but if we can do what we want to do, it will be a whole new way to fly artists around the space…"

They may be trying something different with the Harmony of the Seas, such as 3D rigging and (zip) lines.

One of his tweets did have a helicopter emoji.🚁