Harmony abyss ????

Ashland

Maybe the blimp idea will come back :D

I know you're kidding, but I don't ever thing we will see the blimp thing, since it broke away on one of the test runs. Really, the blimp thing morphed into the North Star.

I know you're kidding, but I don't ever thing we will see the blimp thing, since it broke away on one of the test runs. Really, the blimp thing morphed into the North Star.

I never knew it broke away. Just did parasailing in Cozumel. Awesome

I never knew it broke away. Just did parasailing in Cozumel. Awesome

I could just imagine the RC lawyers having fits when they heard about the blimp idea.

We did parasailing at Coco Cay years ago. Lots of fun, but too much money for 5 minutes.

Edited by clarea

Mr Sanchos was $55 online, solo ride of over 10 minutes. Laura and I were the only ones on the boat. They even dipped me. Had planned to do it in cocoa cay the weekend before, but bad weather

Edited by John&LaLa

Mr Sanchos was $55 online, solo ride of over 10 minutes. Laura and I were the only ones on the boat. They even dipped me. Had planned to do it in cocoa cay the weekend before, but bad weather

You got a much better deal than we did.:)

It looks kind of cool and something I would do, however one thing that has concerned me since the rumors of this started, is the logistics of moving people back up to the pool deck.

People will be dropping from a "wet" deck. I.E. the pool deck to a "dry" deck, the Boardwalk. I imagine they will be in bathing suits since they will using mats and water to get down the slides. How will the now wet sliders get back to the pool deck.

Based on the Oasis/Allure the only option would be the aft elevators, which would mean they would intermingling with people not necessary in beach attire.

Also wondering how they get the maps back to the top.

It looks kind of cool and something I would do, however one thing that has concerned me since the rumors of this started, is the logistics of moving people back up to the pool deck.

People will be dropping from a "wet" deck. I.E. the pool deck to a "dry" deck, the Boardwalk. I imagine they will be in bathing suits since they will using mats and water to get down the slides. How will the now wet sliders get back to the pool deck.

Based on the Oasis/Allure the only option would be the aft elevators, which would mean they would intermingling with people not necessary in beach attire.

Also wondering how they get the maps back to the top.

I think it's a dry slide

I wonder how they have the logistics of kids riding this slide worked out? I mean, if your eight year old wants to ride the slide, I assume Mom or Dad will have to go with them, or you will end up with young kids all alone ten decks below where Mom and Dad are. Unless they plan on making the minimum height tall enough that the child is likely old enough to be alone that far away from their parents. :confused:

I wonder how they have the logistics of kids riding this slide worked out? :confused:

Fear not, regardless of what the "rules" are, we'll have endless threads on here with people complaining about those rules. And as usual, the shipboard staff will have their own way of enforcing (or not) said rules.:rolleyes:

I know you say that tongue in cheek, but that may not be allowed

But how am I to get my lunch while I'm flowriding.;) I figured a quick zip down the slide, a stop at the Dog House, and elevator ride back up while eating. Someone could even hold my spot the flowrider line and I'd be back before my next ride. This is all in jest, but if it worked I'd love it.

John, I love your new avatar pic.

JMHO but think it looks ghastly. And it will block my wonderful aft sea view from the end B/W cabins too. :mad:

How do you think they make sure that the slightly "wider" guests don't get stuck? ...:rolleyes:

Of course it does and they are only putting it there to block passengers views, why else would they put it there:rolleyes:

Official details announced today: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6708

"Royal Caribbean's next new ship, Harmony of the Seas, will feature a 150-feet tall, 216-foot long thrill slide called the Ultimate Abyss. The ride consists of a pair of side-by-side slides that put riders into a 100-foot drop that twists and turns at nine miles per hour, running from the top of the Sports Zone on the aft of Deck 16 down to the Boardwalk near the AquaTheater on Deck 6. Ultimate Abyss is not a water slide. Riders speed down the Ultimate Abyss on a customized mat instead; audio effects in each tunnel create a multi-sensory experience.

Besides Ultimate Abyss, Harmony of the Seas will have three multilevel waterslides over Central Park."

There are pictures as well for those who might want a better idea about what will be blocked.

I wonder how they have the logistics of kids riding this slide worked out? I mean, if your eight year old wants to ride the slide, I assume Mom or Dad will have to go with them, or you will end up with young kids all alone ten decks below where Mom and Dad are. Unless they plan on making the minimum height tall enough that the child is likely old enough to be alone that far away from their parents. :confused:

Good point :eek:

I'm assuming with the drop of this slide that it is one at a time? If so, the parent could go down the slide following the kid (if brave enough).

Is there an age or height restriction?

Edited by LuCruise

Facts about the Ultimate Abyss from the Royal Caribbean press release:

Towers more than 150 feet above sea level, overlooking the AquaTheater at the aft of the ship.

100 foot drop that twists and turns in a serpentine-like movement.

Guests will slide down at nine miles an hour, approximately, from the Pool and Sports Zone on Deck 16 to the Boardwalk on Deck 6 below.

Guests will launch onto the ride from a glass platform, where they can take one last look at the Boardwalk 10 decks below before climbing onto a customized mat.

Spontaneous audio effects within each tunnel create a multi-sensory thrill.

Guests will traverse 216 feet through the one-of-a-kind slide duo.

The Ultimate Abyss is made up of two separate cylinders, a reflection of one-another, each with a diameter of approximately 2.6 feet and constructed of stainless steel.