Checking Prices on HAL Site

sail7seas

I tried to find the price of Neptune Suite, for solo, on Westerdam on a particular date and it requires I put in my name, Mariner Number etc

I forget if I always had to put my name etc just to get pricing on the HAL site. Is it always like that?

I generally don't put in my mariner number (or name) and just hit continue so to answer your question---on my computer its not like that. I just tried changing the number of people to one and the price changed. I think if you want to pick a specific cabin you have to start a dummy booking

I tried to find the price of Neptune Suite, for solo, on Westerdam on a particular date and it requires I put in my name, Mariner Number etc

I forget if I always had to put my name etc just to get pricing on the HAL site. Is it always like that?

I believe now you have to go further on the booking system in order to get a price - something new when HAL changed their website. Formerly I only put in my mariner number and I could get pricing.

Carol

I usually just click on "no" when asked if I am a Mariner Socirty Member so I don't have to put in my name or number.

They don't make finding prices easy. It would be nice to be able to check prices on different categories at one time. As it is now, you have to know cabin numbers (in the categories you are interested in) to check a price.

I clicked no at the are you are Mariner question and after entering the cabin number I wanted, I got message it was available and the next screen asked for name etc

I left that blank and clicked continue but it would not. I got message I had to enter my name.

I wanted to compare the pricing when booking a Neptune for a solo vs occupancy of -2-. The way they have it set up, I can't do it.

By dummy booking do you mean enter a fictitious name and say No to being a Mariner?

Edited by sail7seas

I believe now you have to go further on the booking system in order to get a price - something new when HAL changed their website. Formerly I only put in my mariner number and I could get pricing.

Carol

Putting in your Mariner Number is the same as putting in your name, isn't it?

I clicked no at the are you are Mariner question and after entering the cabin number I wanted, I got message it was available and the next screen asked for name etc

I left that blank and clicked continue but it would not. I got message I had to enter my name.

I wanted to compare the pricing when booking a Neptune for a solo vs occupancy of -2-. The way they have it set up, I can't do it.

By dummy booking do you mean enter a fictitious name and say No to being a Mariner?

Open a new screen, go to the HAL website and this time put in two passengers when doing a dummy booking. You can then look at both of them by switching between the two screens.

(I know, it should be easier! Not sure why many of the cruise lines make it so difficult.:confused:)

This works if you select the type of state room, then pick the cabin number.

just click on the cabin no you want, then, right under where it says its available was the price -- granted you needed to add that number and the port fees to get the total. Shows like this:

Select Stateroom

Stateroom 7087 - US$5,798.00 per person

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are an additional US$ 141.44

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed

Bathroom with whirlpool bath & shower with additional shower stall and dual sink vanity

Floor-to-ceiling windows, with full ocean views

Private verandah

Large sitting area, dressing room

Sofa bed for 2 persons

this was with one person, on a 7-day in January on the Westy.

Edited by momatibm

Great help.

Thank you. :)

I'll let you know if it works for me.

Hopefully, it worked for you. I tried it with a Eurodam sailing 7 days on January 3rd. Cost for one for cabin 7076 was 5598. and for 2 it was 2799 per person which is 5598. So, as has been mentioned previously, a single person pays the same as two people on HAL. I just clicked not a Mariner member and proceeded on. I read on the Princess boards that sometimes their single far is 150% not twice as on HAL.

If I click on let us choose your cabin, it lists the prices by categories. I also click no to mariner number.

That is what I do, ...... someone on Cruise Critic suggested that some months ago.

But it does not show Port charges and taxes.

I did just that & made a dummy booking this morning to check a fare.. I said No Mariner Number & actually put in a dummy name, phony address, phone number & phony e-mail address...

It's a very cumbersome way of doing a price check, but could not figure out any other way...

Hopefully, it worked for you. I tried it with a Eurodam sailing 7 days on January 3rd. Cost for one for cabin 7076 was 5598. and for 2 it was 2799 per person which is 5598. So, as has been mentioned previously, a single person pays the same as two people on HAL. I just clicked not a Mariner member and proceeded on. I read on the Princess boards that sometimes their single far is 150% not twice as on HAL.

I have paid about 160% for an oceanview. For the most part (Alaska being the major exception), a solo will pay less than 200% for an inside or oceanview. Unfortunately, balconies/suites are 200% on HAL.

It is relatively easy to find the price of a cabin on the HAL site. You don't have to log in, nor supply your Mariner number or create a fake name.

Find your cruise and then click the green tab on the right side of the page. That will take you to the "Book Your Cruise" page. On this page the only thing you need to input is the number of passengers. Go to the bottom of the page and click the green button "Save and Continue".

That will take you to the "Stateroom" page. Select your stateroom type by clicking the picture. Then below the picture click the green button "Select Your Own".

That will take you to a picture of the ship broken down into 3 sections. Click the portion of the ship that you wish to view available cabins. Below the ship picture will be a list of the deck(s) that available cabins will be located on. Click a deck, which will turn green. Then scroll down the page and click the green tab "Save and Continue".

This will take you to the next page with a deck plan, on the left, for the section of the ship you previously selected. On the top right of this page will be a scroll down box with cabin(s) that are available. Just below the cabin listed will by the price of the cabin (per person) and below that price is the cost of taxes, fees and port expenses. Add the two prices together and you have the cost of the cabin for each person.

From there if you want to check different decks for available cabins or Stateroom types just click the appropriate section in the light blue bar above the deck plan that you wish to go back to.

This way of locating prices is a little harder than the old HAL pricing web page but with a little practice you can scan the available cabins to find the one just right for you.

Edited by rajkr74

We never bother with the HAL site for price lookups-far too cumbersome. We typically just use the on line TA sites for approximate pricing. Cannot be bothered with that silly process of inputting our names etc. We also find the response times better. We do the same for Celebrity, Princess, and RCI.

We use the Celebrity site for early access to their Tuesday specials. The Princess short notice specials get emailed to us.....their so called sales are seldom much of a saving, if any.

I think that HAL and Celebrity are in a neck in neck tie for the worst web sites in the entire hospitality/vacation marketplace.

We have found that HAL's Med and Australian prices to be the most out of line with their competitors even when comparing like size ships. Not so in Alaska and Car. But this may simply be down to the dates/itineraries that we have shopped.

Edited by iancal

We're planning a family trip and Holland America was a non-starter for some of our relatives. That left us to look at Celebrity and Princess. If it will make you feel any better, HAL's site is not the worst of the lot. Not by a country mile.

I'd urge everyone to try pricing on all the different cruise lines. You'll find that the user experience is dismal. I hope there's a special place in Hades* for the people who think that the pop-up information collection form should show up every three screens.

*Not my first choice of words, but there are naughty word filters at work here. ;)

Another problem I have with the HAL site is that if I am looking at several cruises. I put in the first cruise and check its price. Then I get out of that booking. Go to the home page and put in another cruise I want to look at. Once I get into the booking to see the price, the page for the original cruise loads. No matter how many times I get out of the booking (the little button on the right top that says "exit booking" it doesn't seem to work. I have to get out and shut down my computer and then I go back in to HAL. Then I can see the second booking prices I am looking for.

Actually I have stopped using HAL to check prices. I go to one of my favorite websites that shows all the (allowed by HAL) cabins in each cat. by letter and number. I look there and then I can go to HAL's site when I am ready to book the cabin.

Good Luck Sail! Maybe one day HAL will go back to its old website.

Another problem I have with the HAL site is that if I am looking at several cruises. I put in the first cruise and check its price. Then I get out of that booking. Go to the home page and put in another cruise I want to look at. Once I get into the booking to see the price, the page for the original cruise loads. No matter how many times I get out of the booking (the little button on the right top that says "exit booking" it doesn't seem to work. I have to get out and shut down my computer and then I go back in to HAL. Then I can see the second booking prices I am looking for.

I have this problem also and it is very annoying to have to go completely out of HAL for awhile and then try again. Maybe HAL will fix this problem someday.

Thank you all for your help.

When I get frustrated and tired enough of trying to cope with HAL's site, I shall call my PCC, give the PCC a list of bookings that could interest me and let PCC do the work. I'll wait for an e-mail giving me the pricing for the particular cruises that might interest me.

Why should I knock myself out struggling with HAL's site? Not interested!!

Edited by sail7seas