What's your favorite "always available" entree?

jasbo49

Salmon, for sure. Although I haven't ordered it recently. I think the latest menu changes added at least one palatable entree to the couple of nights where I didn't like anything on offer, so there hasn't been a need to go to the left side of the menu.

I know you asked about entree, but I very often get the Always Available Dessert, Love Boat Dream. Princess, sadly, does not offer over-abundance of chocolate desserts. Except for key lime pie and a handful of cakes, I'm not much of a dessert fan if chocolate isn't involved. And skipping dessert Is Not An Option.

...Princess, sadly, does not offer over-abundance of chocolate desserts...

I have noticed this also, however (***Princess Secrets Alert***) they serve a very good chocolate layer cake through room service that I have never seen in the MDR, HC or IC.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78
clarity

I've ordered the grilled salmon as many as 5 times on a cruise. I can't get enough of it. It must be all that herbed butter on top!

Oh, and another vote for the fettuccine Alfredo. I've had that as many as five times on 1 cruise, too.

No need for me to repeat the above. My choices also.:):)

I keep meaning to ask for grilled chicken breast sliced on top of my fettuccine but, so far, I have forgotten every time! Hopefully I will remember on my upcoming cruise. It's a 17 day cruise so I should have ample time to remember at least once!

We have kids so they order off the kids menu which is also always available- their favorite seems to be the alphabet soup, which I tried and thought was some of the best soup I've had onboard. They also love the chocolate milk and the fish sticks are more like fish and chips if you have a craving for those!

I am a pasta fan. I learned a few cruises ago that you can order a spaghetti entree (or appetizer), with meatballs if you like but I don't care for the meatballs that much. Princess does their pasta perfectly al dente and I really like their red sauce. Very light and nice flavor. I usually start my appetizer with an entree size fettuccine and then have a spaghetti for my main meal.

Yeah, a little pasta/carb overload, but it's my favorite meal. The last cruise I think I ordered this 5 out of 7 nights!

I am a pasta fan. I learned a few cruises ago that you can order a spaghetti entree (or appetizer), with meatballs if you like but I don't care for the meatballs that much. Princess does their pasta perfectly al dente and I really like their red sauce. Very light and nice flavor...

Is this off the children's menu, or part of a "secret" menu or special request? I just want to be sure I know what to ask for if I am in the mood for red sauce instead of Alfredo sauce some night. On HAL special requests being filled can depend on who you ask, but I've never tried it on Princess.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

So if I want... I can order the everyday Beef Medallions with a side of fettuccini alfredo I can ask for it??? Sounds to me like the perfect meal if nothing on the menu excites me.

Yes! :D

My normal fall back order is:

Shrimp Cocktail

Caesar Salad

Beef Medallions/ with side of fettuccine

Is this off the children's menu, or part of a "secret" menu or special request? I just want to be sure I know what to ask for if I am in the mood for red sauce instead of Alfredo sauce some night. On HAL special requests being filled can depend on who you ask, but I've never tried it on Princess.

Yes to children's menu, but anyone can order it. You can also order it at lunch when the dining room is open.

If you like red sauce, ask the waiters if they are serving their pasta arrabbiata one night and get that. It is spicy but quite good!