Help with Crown & Anchor free drinks question

joanne59

Consistency is hard to find on any ship, let alone thought out the company.

We generally use a voucher each night rather than the lounge and if one bar tender refuses a simple request like a bloody mary or martini, we say thank you and go to another bar. Once we find the bar tender that will make the "authorized drink" we simply go to that bar every night. Not that it matters, and the bar tender has no idea of our intentions when we order, but we tip for every drink, generally a dollar or two per drink. ( in a bar or in the lounge)

What is funny is that some of the drinks that have been refused in the past ( both at bars or even in the lounge) are listed on that Grandeur card.

M

So if you ask for a voucher martini, do the bartenders make it with the brand on the Diamond list, or do you have to specify? I prefer a gin martini, not too dry.

I like Manhattans as well, though I'd rather not have one made with Jack Daniels, and there's no bourbon on the list. Maybe I'll have to switch to Rob Roys.

So if you ask for a voucher martini, do the bartenders make it with the brand on the Diamond list, or do you have to specify? ...

You don't have to specify, if they are making a voucher martini, they will use the gin on the list.

Wow, that is really nice. It make picking a drink simple and with good choice.

I'm printing that drink menu and taking it with me on our next cruise. Some choices I had forgotten about.

I'm printing that drink menu and taking it with me on our next cruise. Some choices I had forgotten about.

And if the bartender says no to a drink that you want since it doesn't have the ship's name on it you can always put the menu in front of the bartender and tell him you found it in your cabin which, technically, isn't a lie as it was in your cabin after you brought it there!:D

Edited by Ocean Boy

And if the bartender says no to a drink that you want since it doesn't have the ship's name on it you can always put the menu in front of the bartender and tell him you found it in your cabin which, technically, isn't a lie as it was in your cabin after you brought it there!:D

I like your way of thinking.:)

Grandeur aside.....

I guess the issue with a Cosmo or Margarita on other ships is the triple sec?

ry%3D480

I assume if you are using your vouchers at a bar and requested say a screwdriver (vodka and orange) or a Tequila sunrise (Tequila, orange juice and grenadine) they would use more than one voucher to make it?

Grandeur aside.....

I guess the issue with a Cosmo or Margarita on other ships is the triple sec?

ry%3D480

I assume if you are using your vouchers at a bar and requested say a screwdriver (vodka and orange) or a Tequila sunrise (Tequila, orange juice and grenadine) they would use more than one voucher to make it?

Mixers don't count so it should be fine

So if you ask for a voucher martini, do the bartenders make it with the brand on the Diamond list, or do you have to specify? I prefer a gin martini, not too dry.

I like Manhattans as well, though I'd rather not have one made with Jack Daniels, and there's no bourbon on the list. Maybe I'll have to switch to Rob Roys.

You don't have to specify, if they are making a voucher martini, they will use the gin on the list.

Thanks, Clarea. This will be new for us this time around, and I expect we'll be getting our drinks outside of the diamond lounge. We'll be on a 9-nighter on Vision, so there'll likely be hordes of diamond members and above. I plan on having tip money in hand. Do you tell them up front, "I'm ordering a voucher drink?" or something like that?

Conversely, if getting drinks in the diamond lounge, does one tip per drink or otherwise?

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Th

Conversely, if getting drinks in the diamond lounge, does one tip per drink or otherwise?

Whenever we get a drink in the DL or CL we generally tip a dollar or two each time we are served and frequently give our favorite servers a larger gratuity at the end of the cruise. How you handle it (amount and frequency) is really up to your discretion.:)

Thanks, Clarea. This will be new for us this time around, and I expect we'll be getting our drinks outside of the diamond lounge. We'll be on a 9-nighter on Vision, so there'll likely be hordes of diamond members and above. I plan on having tip money in hand. Do you tell them up front, "I'm ordering a voucher drink?" or something like that?

I did initially but after the first drink of the week the bartender always new to just take the drink off of my diamond allotment. You might want to mention it just so they don't have to go through the process of removing a charge.

I always tell them up front that I want a drink from my voucher allowance.

With regard to tipping in the DL/CL/SL, it's up to you. Some tip per drink, some tip per night, some tip per cruise, some don't tip. We tip per drink.

I always tell them up front that I want a drink from my voucher allowance.

With regard to tipping in the DL/CL/SL, it's up to you. Some tip per drink, some tip per night, some tip per cruise, some don't tip. We tip per drink.

And what Bob has decided not to type, lest he start a &^$% storm, is TIP. If you do not TIP, you are a horrible person.

:D

But that is just my deeply humble opinion.

I got my first free Diamond drinks on my recent Freedom cruise! I had seen the DL earlier and didn't like the looks of it, so, I went to Vintages before dinner. I told the bartender, I've never done this before, but, I guess I get three free drinks, can I get them here? He gestured to the folks sitting there and said, They are all Diamond! I had two before dinner and took the third with me to dinner (the "ship" was really wobbly that night :D). I loved it, one night I only had time for 1 before dinner and I stopped in after dinner on my way to some event for my third. I only had wine, they made me sign a receipt each time and I tipped $2 each glass. One time, the younger bartender was busy and he didn't have me sign, so, I added the extra tip to my next glass. Thanks, RC, that's a nice benefit!

And what Bob has decided not to type, lest he start a &^$% storm, is TIP. If you do not TIP, you are a horrible person.

I'm confused, imagine that, I can't seem to get your point. Sorry

DSC07655_zps6c443e15.jpg

If you have the drink package (premium or ultimate) the bar server in the lounges MAY offer to go out to the nearest bar and get you upgraded liquor for no extra charge. My husband prefers a top shelf gin that they don't serve in the lounge and the server insisted on getting it for him. He did the same for my vodka as well.

So you thought that you would try and start a &^$% storm instead?

As bob quite rightly typed... With regard to tipping in the DL/CL/SL, it's up to the individual.