Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Any idea when the June 2018 itineraries will be released? Some lines have released itineraries up to 2019 while Celebrity and RCCL have been quite slow relatively.

March/April 2017.

Any idea when the June 2018 itineraries will be released? Some lines have released itineraries up to 2019 while Celebrity and RCCL have been quite slow relatively.

2018 is really pushing it for RCI since they don't know where their ships will be next week.

I just got off the phone with the Crown and Anchor folks. I told here that every sailing of the Vision including the one we have booked on 22 Aug 2017 and after is showing N/A. She put me on hold and got with another department who told her that the system is down for "inventory maintenance" and not sure how long it will be. It could be even after the current promotion is over which I believe is early June! We already have 4 cabins booked and was looking for friends who may want to join us.

I'm having a hard time believing that this is "inventory maintenance"!

Anyone ever had any experience with something like this?

What cruise line has 2019 out already????

June 2018 won't be out till next years deployment.

It just seems it would be much easier to market Sovereign Class with Pullmantur, Century Class with SkySea and then move a couple more Vision class over to the TUI/Thomson fleet.

The leasing of ships and provision of maritime operations for these joint venture cruise lines could be a good profit center for RCL, the parent of RCI.

[/url]

Interesting... I remember having this discussion (maybe with you and others) regarding the future of RCL ships, and how maybe they should rebrand into two separate RCL categories: the WOW/Dynamic wing of RCL brand (Voyager Class and above) and then the Traditional Cruise Line brand (Radiance Class and lower). This discussion on CC was over a year ago if memory serves me right with all the Quantum negativity floating around. Maybe RCL is actually heading towards that exact direction.

Hey MadFLyer, have you seen any clues at all, ie. place holders in various ports for example, for Empress after July

I just got off the phone with the Crown and Anchor folks. I told here that every sailing of the Vision including the one we have booked on 22 Aug 2017 and after is showing N/A. She put me on hold and got with another department who told her that the system is down for "inventory maintenance" and not sure how long it will be. It could be even after the current promotion is over which I believe is early June! We already have 4 cabins booked and was looking for friends who may want to join us.

I'm having a hard time believing that this is "inventory maintenance"!

Anyone ever had any experience with something like this?

Inventory maintenance is worse than sold out. Sorry.

New Zealand Ports have a set of dates in November 2017 and Hobart 1 February 2018 booked for Legend of the Seas.

Maybe this is Vision of the Seas.

These dates have remained with updates for Ovation of the Seas.

Edited by springaussie

New Zealand Ports have a set of dates in November 2017 and Hobart 1 February 2018 booked for Legend of the Seas.

Maybe this is Vision of the Seas.

These dates have remained with updates for Ovation of the Seas.

Hi,

You found a few of these port call entries earlier in the year. Are there now more such entries? Or is the point that those few entries survived the updates for Ovation?

Hi,

You found a few of these port call entries earlier in the year. Are there now more such entries? Or is the point that those few entries survived the updates for Ovation?

I have always thought these dates were odd even when Legend was based in Brisbane.

In Europe now Geoff.

I have always thought these dates were odd even when Legend was based in Brisbane.

In Europe now Geoff.

have been wondering whether Royal are planning to seasonally base a ship in Auckland. Right now, the Kiwis don't have many cruise choices and almost all of these just go around New Zealand and to Sydney or Melbourne. These are targeted at tourists rather than the Kiwis themselves. They could use Vision for South Pacific cruises from Auckland.

have been wondering whether Royal are planning to seasonally base a ship in Auckland. Right now, the Kiwis don't have many cruise choices and almost all of these just go around New Zealand and to Sydney or Melbourne. These are targeted at tourists rather than the Kiwis themselves. They could use Vision for South Pacific cruises from Auckland.

Melbourne also a possibility!

Legend of the Seas Singapore to Dubai and Dubai to Venice sectors May 2017 now showing "sold out" and I don't believe that for one moment pricing wasn't that keen :D...... change in the wind perhaps.

Whoops you can add everything from Feb 20th till the Venice sailings ....lolololol.... wow bookings are fantastic....lolololololol....

Edited by badgerbill

Hey MadFLyer, have you seen any clues at all, ie. place holders in various ports for example, for Empress after July

They have been adjusting schedules around. The ship continues to sail on short cruises on a 4 day, 5 day, 5 day pattern.

There are some bookings for Cozumel, Grand Cayman and even 'Haiti'

The Miami and Key West bookings are set. They have just been switching around the to and from destinations. Cuba does not appear now until April of 2017.

On a related note it looks like they may be trying to even take a few sailings of the Azamara Quest to Cuba prior to the RCI sailings on Empress.

2018 is really pushing it for RCI since they don't know where their ships will be next week.

LOL there is some truth in that!

What cruise line has 2019 out already????

June 2018 won't be out till next years deployment.

Crystal Cruises has some 2019 itineraries out. Reason I asked was because I am interested in booking a June 2018 cruise on that line based on itinerary but DH has said to wait to see what RCCL/CEL come up with, which ships go there etc.

And to Bob - thanks for the quick response. For some reason, I can't seem to multi quote your post.

LOL there is some truth in that!

Crystal Cruises has some 2019 itineraries out. Reason I asked was because I am interested in booking a June 2018 cruise on that line based on itinerary but DH has said to wait to see what RCCL/CEL come up with, which ships go there etc.

And to Bob - thanks for the quick response. For some reason, I can't seem to multi quote your post.

generally speaking, most of the main stream cruise lines do not have 2019 out yet. Right now most of them have upto Spring 2018 . Which is consistent with the year to year deployments.

Legend of the Seas Singapore to Dubai and Dubai to Venice sectors May 2017 now showing "sold out" and I don't believe that for one moment pricing wasn't that keen :D...... change in the wind perhaps.

We had an eye on the Singapore to Dubai section but were waiting to book when we were onboard Ovation last week so we could get onboard booking benefits. All the suites and most of the D1's had sold out before we boarded. We did manage to bag a JS as a few came free but with the 60% I can see how this sailing may have sold it, it's a pretty unique and attractive itinerary and would make a great B2B with the Dubai to Venice leg which would make both attractive to a lot of people.

edited to say just noticed that many of the cruises prior to that are also showing sold out. Noooooooo :eek:

Edited by Bobal

They have been adjusting schedules around. The ship continues to sail on short cruises on a 4 day, 5 day, 5 day pattern.

There are some bookings for Cozumel, Grand Cayman and even 'Haiti'

The Miami and Key West bookings are set. They have just been switching around the to and from destinations. Cuba does not appear now until April of 2017.

Thx MadFlyer! Appreciate your reply.

I originally was targetting Empress for Jan 3-7 4 day (per Cruisecal at the time Havana + Nassau) before I got on Harmony Jan 7. Can you tell me what you're seeing for a 4 or 5 day either Jan 2 or Jan 3?

Thanks to Karen (Interwizz) for pointing me to this thread.

My question was why all the Vision sails post August had disappeared as I was hoping to go to Dubai in Winter 2017-18. I really hope that both Legend and Vision don't transferr to other lines but I was told by a waiter on Serenade last October that Vision was the next on the list to go to Pullmantur.

We have such a short cruise window here in Europe i hope that we don't lose any further sailings in 2017.