Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Is there any talk about empress replacing legend in March and April 2017 in Australia/NZ?

Have not heard anything like that. All I hear is Empress is going to do the Miami/Cuba runs eventually.

Legend of the Seas' entire 2017 Europe season is now showing Sold Out. She is most likely being transferred to a sister company and they want her deployed to Barcelona asap. Pullmantur?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least you had a confirmation. I spoke with Royal Caribbean UK (in Guatemala :rolleyes:) as did my TA only within the last couple of hours and they denied any changes.

As my TA said to me, you will probably find out first on Cruise Critic. What away to run a company. :mad:

As a call centre until the screen tells them it's a cancelled cruise they won't confirm it.... sad for us :(:(

Legend of the Seas' entire 2017 Europe season is now showing Sold Out. She is most likely being transferred to a sister company and they want her deployed to Barcelona asap. Pullmantur?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vision of the Seas has also been redeployed to Canada/New England sailings for Fall 2017.

I just checked the UK website and the last Vision sailing is 22nd August from Copenhagan and the last Legend sailing is 8th Feb from Brisbane!!

I really wanted to go to Dubai but it looks like I will just have to see who is going to Australia or Asia from US or Europe and hitch a sailing with that ship!!

It appears the Rhapsody will be replacing the Legend on the Venice sailings, so the Vision should be taking its place.

So Rhapsody's 7 night Bahamas sailings from NJ during the summer will be saying hello to the dodo bird? However, both Rhapsody's European sailings and the Bahamas sailing are still available for booking.

I'm guessing Legend to TUI/Thomson.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

It appears the Rhapsody will be replacing the Legend on the Venice sailings, so the Vision should be taking its place.

Seems so very odd since Rhapsody and Vision are identical sister ships, why wouldn't they just leave Rhapsody's schedule in place and have Vision take over the Legend sailings.:confused:

I just checked the UK website and the last Vision sailing is 22nd August from Copenhagan and the last Legend sailing is 8th Feb from Brisbane!!

I really wanted to go to Dubai but it looks like I will just have to see who is going to Australia or Asia from US or Europe and hitch a sailing with that ship!!

Well color me concerned. I'm supposed to sail Vision to the Greek Isles on 9/26/17. Guess that's not going to happen.

Seems so very odd since Rhapsody and Vision are identical sister ships, why wouldn't they just leave Rhapsody's schedule in place and have Vision take over the Legend sailings.:confused:

They have Rhapsody there all summer now.

Seems like:

Rhapsody from Venice

Vision from Amsterdam with an early TA to NJ for the longer Canada/NA runs

Legend says goodbye?

I'm also guessing Rhapsody's Bahamas sailings were not selling well. Or maybe Legend to PC and Majesty to Pullmantur... ;)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Rhapsody on the UK site is still showing Cape Liberty and Tampa for 2017

US website shows the Bahamas and Canada/NE Rhapsody sailings sold out. She now has Venice sailings available.

I assume the Bahamas runs will not happen, and then Vision will just take over the NJ->Quebec runs.

They have Rhapsody there all summer now.

Seems like:

Rhapsody from Venice

Vision from Amsterdam with an early TA to NJ for the longer Canada/NA runs

Legend says goodbye?

I'm also guessing Rhapsody's Bahamas sailings were not selling well. Or maybe Legend to PC and Majesty to Pullmantur... ;)

Legend to PC would be great!:)

Well color me concerned. I'm supposed to sail Vision to the Greek Isles on 9/26/17. Guess that's not going to happen.

I am booked on VOS for 8/22/17.(Baltic) First said inventory maintanence, then showed SOLD OUT, which we know is BS, now it's showing that it's open for booking. Always got runaround when I called. Now I know why Princess is the way to go. Shame on RCCL.

Edited by bubbieX4
Spelling

I keep telling everyone that Rhapsody is cursed. :eek:

Ugh....you never told ME John. :( I even cancelled my Harmony cruise for this ABC Itinerary. This has me sooooo upset. I still don't understand why it is still on the website though and the one that leaves in April is not.:confused:

Rhapsody is showing sold out. What the h*ll is going on?

And the European Vision sailings that had been in question are again showing sold out.

US website shows the Bahamas and Canada/NE Rhapsody sailings sold out. She now has Venice sailings available.

I assume the Bahamas runs will not happen, and then Vision will just take over the NJ->Quebec runs.

Rhapsody 9/20 Canada/NE is not showing sold out on RCI website but 9/8, 10/1 and 10/11 are. We're booked on 9/8 and 9/20. Tried to put a hold on one of the Vision sailings but can't. :confused:

Ugh....you never told ME John. :( I even cancelled my Harmony cruise for this ABC Itinerary. This has me sooooo upset. I still don't understand why it is still on the website though and the one that leaves in April is not.:confused:

You haven't been paying attention then. I've posted ad nauseam about our multiple cancellations in both 2016 and 2017. Let me recap.

Rhapsody was supposed to take over for Enchantment in November 2016. Then they decided to send Majesty to PC and Rhapsody to Tampa.

This cancelled our 4 day out of PC and our TA from Rome to PC. Initially they were listed as Sold Out.

We then booked the April 22 cruise out of Tampa with a tag on of the TA to Rome. The TA was cancelled in favor the NJ deployment. This may be the one you're on.

My biggest beef is all of these cruises had additional legs either before or after. We got decent OBC, and they were far enough out that no other arrangements had been booked yet.

You haven't been paying attention then. I've posted ad nauseam about our multiple cancellations in both 2016 and 2017. Let me recap.

Rhapsody was supposed to take over for Enchantment in November 2016. Then they decided to send Majesty to PC and Rhapsody to Tampa.

This cancelled our 4 day out of PC and our TA from Rome to PC. Initially they were listed as Sold Out.

We then booked the April 22 cruise out of Tampa with a tag on of the TA to Rome. The TA was cancelled in favor the NJ deployment. This may be the one you're on.

My biggest beef is all of these cruises had additional legs either before or after. We got decent OBC, and they were far enough out that no other arrangements had been booked yet.

:(:(:( Maybe I didn't have any interest in this at the time you wrote it. :( Wish I had paid attention. If the NJ-Tampa cruise is definitely going to be cancelled, I am not sure what to do. I may just book MSC/Divina...not sure yet.

Oh crap! We have the Vision September 1, 2017 Copenhagen to Barcelona booked AND the Legend May 18, 2017 Dubai to Venice also booked. A friend asked me if I broke a mirror or something....:(