Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm looking at booking a March 2018 cruise soon after the schedule is released. I've got a NextCruise booking sitting on a placeholder cruise right now and I was thinking that I'd have them change it onboard, but it sounds like it's better to deal with that with a representative on the phone either before or after my cruise.

Does this affect your NextCruise OBC if you change it after your cruise?

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

This is an older NextCruise booking (from October 2012) before they got complicated with the onboard credit. Its benefit was a $100/person deposit for any non-suite cabin and you get $100 in onboard credit.

Now, that said, I may have to ensure that their automated system doesn't muck with the onboard credit and it may require getting someone in Resolutions to fix after I change the booking.

Edited by Daghis

This is an older NextCruise booking (from October 2012) before they got complicated with the onboard credit. Its benefit was a $100/person deposit for any non-suite cabin and you get $100 in onboard credit.

Now, that said, I may have to ensure that their automated system doesn't muck with the onboard credit and it may require getting someone in Resolutions to fix after I change the booking.

You're right, you'll have to monitor that OBC carefully. I'm not sure, but I think the onboard cruise sales would deal with your open booking, since they would be getting a commission from it. But they cannot manually add or change anything without emailing shoreside, at least from my past experience. If the computer makes unwanted changes and drops the OBC, you would have to followup.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Anyone have any insight into royal doing UK and Ireland in 2017?

Sorry if it was already posted and I missed it.

Kim

Have a look here: http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

Browse up to cruise calendar of May/June 2017, there you see several turnaround calls for Vision otS in 2017, so she MIGHT be an option for GB/Irleland in 2017.

But however, Vision is also reported at Dubrovnik throughout summer 2017, so here's no 100% clarity whether she sails the statndard 7 night route from Venice, or several cruises from Amsterdam and co.

Have a look here: http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

Browse up to cruise calendar of May/June 2017, there you see several turnaround calls for Vision otS in 2017, so she MIGHT be an option for GB/Irleland in 2017.

But however, Vision is also reported at Dubrovnik throughout summer 2017, so here's no 100% clarity whether she sails the statndard 7 night route from Venice, or several cruises from Amsterdam and co.

I do not see a cruise calendar.....

In my post above, I mentioned that I had to change around 3 current bookings. So, when the new sailings are released, I will transfer the old bookings to new ones. The Future Sales folks like to deal with new bookings only, so I'll call the D+ desk to make the switch. I won't be booking any more than 3, at least that I'm aware of at this time, as we are fully booked through May, 2017.

Got it, we need to book the first Med voyage of Rhapsody, and then Oasis for Fall 2017. Should be fun. If those schedules aren't out in March I have another chance in April. It should all work out

Edited by John&LaLa

Got it, we need to book the first Med voyage of Rhapsody, and then Oasis for Fall 2017. Should be fun. If those schedules aren't out in March I have another chance in April. It should all work out

Hate to quote myself, but apparently the May 2017 Rhapsody TA just got listed as Sold Out. Not good

Will the Hawaii itineraries get released with the Caribbean or Australia dates? Sorry if this has been taken about already.

In the past, the Hawaii itineraries are released with either the Australia or Alaska itineraries. If I remember correctly, the spring Hawaii is released with Australia, and the fall Hawaii with Alaska. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Hate to quote myself, but apparently the May 2017 Rhapsody TA just got listed as Sold Out. Not good

Do you think RH is going to be redeployed again? :eek:

In the past, the Hawaii itineraries are released with either the Australia or Alaska itineraries. If I remember correctly, the spring Hawaii is released with Australia, and the fall Hawaii with Alaska. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Do you think RH is going to be redeployed again? :eek:

that's my recollection or both released with Aus/NZ

Can anyone speculate as to what new and interesting repositioning sailings there may be with the release of new itineraries?

Was on the Grandeur a few years ago when it repositioned from San Juan to Baltimore. One of the best cruise experiences to date.

Can anyone speculate as to what new and interesting repositioning sailings there may be with the release of new itineraries?

Was on the Grandeur a few years ago when it repositioned from San Juan to Baltimore. One of the best cruise experiences to date.

Hope it doesn't involve Rhapsody ;)

Hope it doesn't involve Rhapsody ;)

Hope to hear something soon, we have a TA booked for April 2017 and would like to know if it is going to be cancelled or changed and what Rhapsody is doing during that period:)

according to royal's website, Rhapsody is going into drydock in Dec 2016. I wonder if they really mean April 2017. December seems kind of odd to do a dry dock but we all know how Royal's website goes. :rolleyes:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations&pagenameMain=royal_advantage_main&discriminators=3

according to royal's website, Rhapsody is going into drydock in Dec 2016. I wonder if they really mean April 2017. December seems kind of odd to do a dry dock but we all know how Royal's website goes. :rolleyes:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations&pagenameMain=royal_advantage_main&discriminators=3

I was thinking it was going in November so it would be available in December. Remember, it had its fall 2016 TA scuttled, so there was talk the drydock was going to before the arrival in Tampa

Hope to hear something soon, we have a TA booked for April 2017 and would like to know if it is going to be cancelled or changed and what Rhapsody is doing during that period:)

Maybe Rhapsody's now going to PC like originally planned. Now that Empress is back and can be used for Cuba, perhaps Majesty's finally going to Pullmantur. Kind of makes some sense, basically swaping Empress for Majesty so she can join her Sovereign sisters.

I was thinking it was going in November so it would be available in December. Remember, it had its fall 2016 TA scuttled, so there was talk the drydock was going to before the arrival in Tampa

A friend just booked the Ta from Malaga and this the first cruise after dry dock.

I comes into Barcelona on the 3rd Nov and sails Malaga to Miami on the 19th.

Maybe Rhapsody's now going to PC like originally planned. Now that Empress is back and can be used for Cuba, perhaps Majesty's finally going to Pullmantur. Kind of makes some sense, basically swaping Empress for Majesty so she can join her Sovereign sisters.

That would be interesting.

Wasn't there some chatter that Monarch and Sovereign could come back to RCL

*I* think that Majesty will be used for Cuba cruises, as well as Empress.

:)