Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

When should TA's start seeing the new itineraries for Europe?

I may need extra time to compare them to what Celebrity has already released. :)

The same department of RCL that releases Celebrity turns to completing RCI deployment. While deployment has been delayed in recent cycles, due to major changes, this season has been pretty easy to predict and all the TA sailings have been booked with ports for months.

These sailings will be put into the TA system at the same time that RCI is entering them into their own system.

They may somewhat hold the schedule that was released last week. TA sailings should be out by Wednesday March 2nd.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

The same department of RCL that releases Celebrity turns to completing RCI deployment. While deployment has been delayed in recent cycles, due to major changes, this season has been pretty easy to predict and all the TA sailings have been booked with ports for months.

These sailings will be put into the TA system at the same time that RCI is entering them into their own system.

They may somewhat hold the schedule that was released last week. TA sailings should be out by Wednesday March 2nd.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Thanks MadFlyer, that document is exactly what I have been looking for. I am interested in Bahamas/Caribbean for 3/4 quarter 2017.

Thanks Madflyer,

I saw this information in an earlier post with the opening date scheduled for the week of Feb 29. Just hoping that itineraries would be available for viewing sooner :(

Thanks Madflyer,

I saw this information in an earlier post with the opening date scheduled for the week of Feb 29. Just hoping that itineraries would be available for viewing sooner :(

Sometimes they do come up very slightly earlier but not on RCI website. A lot of people here are waiting for the itineraries and usually post if they find them somewhere.

I remember last year I was able to view some a day or 2 early but not all.

This might have already been asked but going to ask again anyway - What do people think for Southampton? Indy & Navigator again?

Yeah, Indy and Navigator are very likely, if RCCL does not implement any major changes, due to NCL Getaway coming to Europe.

Independence otS is also listed at Olden, Norway, for July 2017, so maybe she will offer some Norway sailings.

Sometimes cruisecal.com shows the future itineraries slightly prior to the official booking and release date by RCCL.

Already confirmed that is the case.

She is already booked into Gibraltar and Tenerife port calls too plus other like le havre . She looks like she is doing the 'usual'. 7/8n Norway / 7n France&Spain/ 3 n tasters late spring. 14 night Med summer, 11/10 night Canary Autumn. Doesn't appear to be anything new for Indy I'm afraid.

Edited by simon2831

I was hoping the Asian itineraries would be out sooner. I just found out, via our roll call, that Ovation - Beijing to Singapore Nov 18, 2016 has been cancelled. Ovation has been chartered. Rang RCI and at first they denied it but I held my ground and Resolutions confirmed. I have until Feb 19 to rebook and receive OBC or cancel.

Well that's not good, I wonder what the usual cheerleaders will come up with about this as the cruise is WELL within the normal 330 day window for air fare to have been booked, and whether from the US or Europe the flights will be expensive long haul ones.

Really. I suggest you look at the Roll Call for this cruise then. The folks on there have a different belief!

From the Diamond thread, still not sure of the sail date

"We will have to weigh up the options. We wanted to do a longer Asian cruise but the new schedules don't come out for a while yet. I do think the letter implies that the OBC can be applied to any replacement booking.

They are also giving up to $300pp for airline change fees. We used miles to book and will loose 25% (I think) when we cancel the booking but I'm sure there is no way to recoup that. Maybe I can hit them up for a drinks package instead."

Well you don't have to look back far! Post 338 to be precise, cruise date is plain to see.

Ok, but that still does not invalidate my statement earlier that air credit is being offered to at least some. And I'm still not going to hunt the roll call down. ;)

Ok, but that still does not invalidate my statement earlier that air credit is being offered to at least some. And I'm still not going to hunt the roll call down. ;)

Definitely correct. Up to $300 pp will be reimbursed for change fees is what is in the email I received. My problem is I booked with miles so I loose a % when I cancel, so the money won't help.

Does this mean summer 2018 cruises will be out in January 2017...I ask because I'm looking to book something from sons graduation and I would like to take advantage of next booking on board

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does this mean summer 2018 cruises will be out in January 2017...I ask because I'm looking to book something from sons graduation and I would like to take advantage of next booking on board

Summer 2018 will likely come out in March/April 2017.