Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Oceanviews are gone too. NOthing available. Or maybe they just need to load more cabins, I don't know. IT at work :D

Cindy

I saw that and tried entering cabin numbers for the sold out category. It worked and I found availability.

Note for the Serenade Iceland cruise: Did put this on courtesy hold last night (accessible balcony) at the $6,500 price. Called the D+ desk just a few minutes ago as the "30% off every ship" wasn't showing. They took it off right away!

Looks like we are going to Iceland after all :cool:

It appears they're revising prices downward :D

Thanks for that. Just booked a D1 FOR £900 for both of us with D discount. Managed to get a corner Aft. We can do return flights with Harmony Ta and save a few quid

Good for you - cruise and air covered for a pittance :D

As it now appears evident that the Rhapsody Europe season was pulled, has there been any discussion of where the ship might be going?

The only bookings I have found so far are at Grand Cayman. While these could be just 2 'one-off' sailings from Tampa, this could indicate movement.

Rhapsody calls in both May and November, which would indicate a southerly movement.

Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 2,435 2,435 May 2 2017 10:00AM May 2 2017 6:00PM

Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 2,435 2,435 Nov 1 2017 7:00AM Nov 1 2017 4:00PM

I have wondered if this could be for a Curacao mini-season or could this be a port of call on a ABC sailing, which would allow the ship to relocate seasonally to another US port.

I put a cabin on the Eastbound TA on hold. But somehow there's no 30 % off and not even my balcony discount. Maybe because itineraries are being loaded. I'll wait until my hold is almost over, cancel my cabin and try to rebook the same one :)

Cindy

I got an aft cabin for $500 less than the Rhapsody TA OV. Got the 30% off but not the C and A rate, but got both on the Greek Isle cruise following the TA

First, I'm disappointed that RC is only doing one British Isles cruise, departing in May. I've got a kid who won't be done with school until the 6th or 9th of June (school board hasn't finalized the 2016-17 schedule), and that's assuming no snow days.

Second, I've noticed the Vision has a couple of Baltic cruises out of Amsterdam in June, departing on June 3, 2017 and June 15, 2017. But, there is a gap between the arrival in Amsterdam on June 27 and its next departure on July 9.

Is there a 12-night cruise missing? Or is the Vision undergoing a short visit into drydock?

When Rhapsody 'returns' to Tampa in November 2017 for the winter 2017-18 season, she is booked for frequent calls at Key West. The bookings are almost weekly on Tuesdays, arriving at Key West from Tampa and heading to Cozumel.

First, I'm disappointed that RC is only doing one British Isles cruise, departing in May. I've got a kid who won't be done with school until the 6th or 9th of June (school board hasn't finalized the 2016-17 schedule), and that's assuming no snow days.

Second, I've noticed the Vision has a couple of Baltic cruises out of Amsterdam in June, departing on June 3, 2017 and June 15, 2017. But, there is a gap between the arrival in Amsterdam on June 27 and its next departure on July 9.

Is there a 12-night cruise missing? Or is the Vision undergoing a short visit into drydock?

Vision should not be due for a dry dock until 2019. That said, they did not revitalize the standard cabins in the October 2014 dry dock. I would not think they would use a peak period to do a dry dock and imagine the cruise listings are just not yet complete.

No problem here, is it working for you now?

It is "on again and off again". Let me do one after I posted ? here....but then wouldn't let me do anymore. The "box" where the "courtesy hold option" is is just totally blank. Will keep checking. Thx!

Called a couple of hours ago for the Oct 2107 Westbound Indy.

Was told that they wouldn't be available until end of April.

Stated that I knew some TA were already available, and was told not Indy.

Waited an hour, and called back again, was told the same thing, but insisted that he take a look.

He was surprised that it was available to book.

Room I wanted was available, and got a price.

Asked if it included the in category upgrade and 30%.

Was told it did.

Price quoted for E2 Hump Balcony was $4.755.80 US with Diamond+ $350 discount.

Put down deposit.

15 minutes later, booking was available online.

Looked at prices online, and the quoted price i was given by online agent was without the 30% discount.

In fact, currently, all balcony rooms E3, E2, E1 and D2 (wouldn't let me check D1 with 2 passengers) are the same price, including AFT Balconies

FYI: In US $

Cruise fare per person $2,429.00 USD for 2 people = $4,858

less C&A Discount $350 = $4,508 less 30% discount $1,353

plus Taxes and Fess of $123.09 per person = $3,402.80 USD (about $225/day).

Note 30% was taken off after applying C&A Discount, so only get $245 discount instead of $350.

Thanks MADflyer. I'll be disappointed if there is NO Radiance Class ship out of San Juan. However, my last two cruises out of San Juan have been on Jewel, so maybe it is time for a change. At this point, I can't afford to venture beyond the Caribbean and love port-intensive cruises, so the southern itineraries tend to pull me in. I'm hoping for some new itineraries, including some of the less visited ports like Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts, etc. It seems like every ship out of San Juan touches Barbados, which to be honest is not a port I have a huge desire to see AGAIN! I kind of view it as the Cozumel of the South!!

Agreed! But I've seen some absolutely gorgeous Barbados beaches...

We also love the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. We have sailed Celebrity twice out of this port and are booked on the Jewel in 2/17. Honestly we really disliked Adventure: the cavernous mall in the middle, few cozy nooks. Hope the Radiance class is more to our liking.

The Southern Caribbean ports I long to see are: The ABC islands and Trinidad/Tobago...Grenada I'm excited about!

Indy doing the 7 day San Juan run for 2018?

It is "on again and off again". Let me do one after I posted ? here....but then wouldn't let me do anymore. The "box" where the "courtesy hold option" is is just totally blank. Will keep checking. Thx!

Looks like some "ships" & "sail dates" will let me and other "ships" & "sail dates" won't! :(

This morning with Jewel, I done without my c&a number and went through. When I booked I decided to go with a JS. They very hard to add D discount and I had to speak to a supervisor. Took 45 mins

insane! Imho

Agreed. And if people book anyway in the hopes that prices will come down then they won't come down because the cabins are being book:eek: That's how supply and demand works. If no one books then they will be forced to lower the price.

I'm holding out until the price comes down to a reasonable level. We did this TA in 2013 and the price is over $2000 more than what we paid and we had free beverage packages too - it is 2 nights longer this time but that's hardly worth the extra money:cool:

Edited by The Sunset Glow

As it now appears evident that the Rhapsody Europe season was pulled, has there been any discussion of where the ship might be going?

The only bookings I have found so far are at Grand Cayman. While these could be just 2 'one-off' sailings from Tampa, this could indicate movement.

Rhapsody calls in both May and November, which would indicate a southerly movement.

Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 2,435 2,435 May 2 2017 10:00AM May 2 2017 6:00PM

Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 2,435 2,435 Nov 1 2017 7:00AM Nov 1 2017 4:00PM

I have wondered if this could be for a Curacao mini-season or could this be a port of call on a ABC sailing, which would allow the ship to relocate seasonally to another US port.

My guess is Panama Canals and Pacific Coasts.

Agreed! But I've seen some absolutely gorgeous Barbados beaches...

We also love the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. We have sailed Celebrity twice out of this port and are booked on the Jewel in 2/17. Honestly we really disliked Adventure: the cavernous mall in the middle, few cozy nooks. Hope the Radiance class is more to our liking.

The Southern Caribbean ports I long to see are: The ABC islands and Trinidad/Tobago...Grenada I'm excited about!

Indy doing the 7 day San Juan run for 2018?

It appears Indy will be heading back to Ft. Lauderdale after Europe, according to her fall TA.

It appears Indy will be heading back to Ft. Lauderdale after Europe, according to her fall TA.

That makes more sense.

I assume all those San Juan sailings that 'eskimo house' were showing were actually Jewel sailings.

They have updated now as well.

Good for you - cruise and air covered for a pittance :D

I called back as soon as I realised the prices. Changed to a JS and paid £1118.

Just home from work and checked, it is now £2150.

Glad I chose to get to work late

I'd guess a stop on the way to Aruba before heading to NJ. Our Rhapsody TA is scheduled to leave Tampa on April 29, so a May 2 stop in GC seems reasonable