Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

This morning with Jewel, I done without my c&a number and went through. When I booked I decided to go with a JS. They very hard to add D discount and I had to speak to a supervisor. Took 45 mins

Was this for a new 2017 TA and if so did you get both 30% off AND CA JS discount? Thx

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Note for the Serenade Iceland cruise: Did put this on courtesy hold last night (accessible balcony) at the $6,500 price. Called the D+ desk just a few minutes ago as the "30% off every ship" wasn't showing. They took it off right away!

Looks like we are going to Iceland after all :cool:

That is so good to know! Woo hoo, we're booked too! :)

Was this for a new 2017 TA and if so did you get both 30% off AND CA JS discount? Thx

Yes, you get both the 30% discount and 70% of your C&A discount because of the order in qhich they apply the discounts. It took a call to the supervisor for me too.

I see the JS price on the Serenade TA from Copenhagen to Boston has dropped from $5300 to $4000 since last night.

They opened it without loading the 30% discount. We booked by phone at 10PM last night to get the cabin we wanted and C&A fixed the pricing on our reservation this morning.

Yes, you get both the 30% discount and 70% of your C&A discount because of the order in qhich they apply the discounts. It took a call to the supervisor for me too.

What is the 70% of your C&A discount?? And is the 30% only in the US or also Europe?

Edited by lighthousemom

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

We got both, I was told you have to persevere with them as they aren't giving them without asking.

JS for April '17 transatlantic

It was £1275 inc, grats and taxes minus D discount which is around £156.

£1119 less £300 deposit leaves a final payment of £819.

Just checked and the price is now £2175. That's unreal.

Cabin 8126 corner Aft will go back into the pot tomorrow as we will keep the JS. Not a lot of difference from a D1 and JS.

I couldn't book online as it kept freezing. When I was on the phone, I tried it without my C&A number and it went through. Glad I called as I thought it was just busy. Could have cost me £1000 by the time I got home from work

What is the 70% of your C&A discount?? And is the 30% only in the US or also Europe?

They take the inflated price, subtract the full C&A discount, then take the 30% off. This is most advantageous to them.

So when you subtract what you think your C&A discount should be from website pricing (with the 30% off the inflated price), it appears you don't get the entire C&A discount.

Been patiently waiting for this cruise --- its showing on the "igloo" site but its not showing on Royal's website or any other website. All the other Indy cruises before and after this week are now on Royal's website. Does anyone know why this one week would be missing?

earlier I went to book brilliance ta for nov next yr was gonna book a balcony and even the guy was gonna put us in deck 9 hump until I found out the deposit my fiancée didn't wanna put that much dep down right now I am so disappointed but if they hav another reduced dep I will book it hope price doesn't go up im sure it will I wanna do a ta so bad never done one before

I'd guess a stop on the way to Aruba before heading to NJ. Our Rhapsody TA is scheduled to leave Tampa on April 29, so a May 2 stop in GC seems reasonable

Wait, Rhapsody to NJ?

I'm hoping that come up with something interesting. I like the idea of Panama Canal cruises.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

For those of you that think the WB TAs are a little too pricey I would book the cruise now and keep looking for price drops. We found lots of downward price movement on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise from Harwich to Boston [La Harve, Cobh, Faroe Isands, Iceland] Aug 31, 2014.

We did not book when the itineraries first opened. I wanted to do this cruise and kept "subtly" dropping hints to DH. He finally agreed. So, I can not tell you if the prices were more reasonable when they first opening.

Also, I looked at cruise prices each day [at least :rolleyes:] and I kept track of each price drop--you can see it below:

E2 –Deluxe Oceanview stateroom with balcony: Cabin 8524

Price when I first booked cabin –1.29.2014 for 2 passengers= $4900.98 [inc. all fees]

After price drop 2.6.2014: $4710.98 [inc. all fees]

After price drop 3.6.2014: $4099.30 [inc. all fees]

Then they started offering GTY balcony cabins at a good price and I changed category from E2 to GTY-- May 30, 2014-- Balcony guarantee: =$3259[inc. all fees]

After price drop : 6.11.2014 (about a week before final payment)– $2,655.56

Assigned balcony cabin 8596 [hump balcony] --June 24, 2014. I was assigned a cabin quickly and would have had time to switch cabins if I hated my assignment.

I loved the cruise and loved the cabin. Keep looking for piece drops. :D