Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I just talked to a Crown & Anchor rep and he told me the 2017-18 schedules were released today. I asked when today and he pulled the website up and said he could see new schedule.

I pulled the website up and nothing new.

Maybe they were confused and saw Alaska schedule??? Wouldn't be the first time they were confused...

I just talked to a Crown & Anchor rep and he told me the 2017-18 schedules were released today. I asked when today and he pulled the website up and said he could see new schedule.

I pulled the website up and nothing new.

I phoned crown and anchor today here in the UK (obviously Guatemala based now) and they told me it's April?!

No idea. They have only booked Legend at Brisbane for December. I wonder if there is a trans-Pacific repositioning sailing that would then take Legend over to do Panama Canal and Caribbean sailings.

I do not see any evidence of that yet, but would be an interesting possibility.

Royal do have a booking in Papeete for Explorer of the Seas 30 April 2017. Maybe this is Legend of the Seas. But the port bookings at Cairns, Darwin and Hong Kong still hold for the repositioning in April 2017 Brisbane to Hong Kong.

Interesting since it doesn't say when/how the Rhapsody will arrive in Tampa.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The second page of this doesn't help, but does describe which ship replaces other ships.

Need to start early I guess.

The Rhapsody Of The Sea April 29, 2017 itinerary will change to another ship according to the RCL rep.

Interesting. It would be great if it were the Serenade, but she's probably heading to Copenhagen I think. Trying to figure out what ship, but it's early morning here and I have no idea :)

Cindy

Edited by sg1phileshipper

I phoned crown and anchor today here in the UK (obviously Guatemala based now) and they told me it's April?!

They really have no idea do they [emoji848] Itineraries are up on the Ice House site. Same old same old ...independence...but even the Ice site has it wrong because she is somehow doing a TA on 27/4 as well as a 3 n cruise...

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

12800210_10208460894577507_130044656557869294_n.jpg?oh=00e32a494903605ba0498e7b66dd0174&oe=575EB837

Did you get any itineraries listed for this flyer? We did not receive this one

but received the last one showing sailing times and pricing prior to public listing.

Edited by stillmysty

If the "Eskimos" are correct, it appears that there will not be three ships wintering in San Juan. It looks like Independence will replace Jewel there for 2018. the Jewel/Adventure presence would be retained for the next year, followed by an Independence/Adventure coupling. It also looks like the Jewel itineraries (which become the Adventure Itineraries in 2018) pretty much mirror the Summit's, which limits the variety of choices out of San Juan. I'll confirm next week (I hope) when Caribbean itineraries are officially released, but I'm somewhat disappointed. There looks to be only ONE itinerary that does not hit both Barbados and St. Maarten. There are NO itineraries that do not include a stop in St. Maarten. Nothing against St. Maarten, but it's becoming the Cozumel of the south! If the ship stops at 5 ports of call and two of those islands are on EVERY southern itinerary, chances of booking a cruise that doesn't include a lot of repetition is a challenge. Am I remembering wrong, or did Royal used to offer more variety in it's southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan? 2017 doesn't even seem to offer the ABC island option.

If the "Eskimos" are correct, it appears that there will not be three ships wintering in San Juan. It looks like Independence will replace Jewel there for 2018. the Jewel/Adventure presence would be retained for the next year, followed by an Independence/Adventure coupling. It also looks like the Jewel itineraries (which become the Adventure Itineraries in 2018) pretty much mirror the Summit's, which limits the variety of choices out of San Juan. I'll confirm next week (I hope) when Caribbean itineraries are officially released, but I'm somewhat disappointed. There looks to be only ONE itinerary that does not hit both Barbados and St. Maarten. There are NO itineraries that do not include a stop in St. Maarten. Nothing against St. Maarten, but it's becoming the Cozumel of the south! If the ship stops at 5 ports of call and two of those islands are on EVERY southern itinerary, chances of booking a cruise that doesn't include a lot of repetition is a challenge. Am I remembering wrong, or did Royal used to offer more variety in it's southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan? 2017 doesn't even seem to offer the ABC island option.

I must be missing something because to me it looks like the "eskimos" are showing the ABC islands on AD (Nov, Dec...didn't look past that). The IN itineraries are pretty much what JW is doing 2016/2017 winter...with Dominica and Grenada. Who knows if these are actual though. Last year another site released itineraries " in advance" of RC and there were several that were way off. Pretty much same ports as offered from SJU for several years. Tortola no longer showing. Other than that...the usuals. For the most part you can do b2b and not repeat islands (with a few exceptions here and there).

Harmony was already confirmed to be only a one season ship deployment with last years deployment press release. Harmony, Allure and Oasis were all confirmed last October to be year round 'Florida' home ported ships in the RCI financial release.

Freedom was reported as the Barcelona 7 day ship in this thread months ago and the current release is only confirming that information.

You have made my day with this knowledge. I had a great deal on Harmony April 2017, but have to cancel due to our schools switching the week of spring break. I'm glad I can possibly get harmony carribean in June 2017, when they are released.

I've looked at the Eskimo site and cant see a transatlantic for Independence, i know she will be in Southampton for Summer 2017 but can't find how and when she gets there! The Navigator is showing, am I missing something??

I've looked at the Eskimo site and cant see a transatlantic for Independence, i know she will be in Southampton for Summer 2017 but can't find how and when she gets there! The Navigator is showing, am I missing something??

It doesn't show up on my site either, but later sailing do. I see her first Europe sailing on 4/28/17, a 3-nighter to Bruges and Le Havre.

Cindy