Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I took a picture of a post YOU made, so I could have the dates. Post 636 of this thread. It's on page 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I made that post? I don't even know how to load or post pictures., but THANK YOU. The new Anthem dates come out on Friday according to post 636. :):):)

Edited by champagne123
fffff

I made that post? I don't even know how to load or post pictures., but THANK YOU. The new Anthem dates come out on Friday according to post 636. :):):)

It would seem that you DO know how. Lol.

You've obviously moved over to this side of the pond without realising :D. How is the weather in Germany :p?

If the 'chilly' site is correct, then the Anthem itineraries don't look too much different from this year ;).

It would seem that you DO know how. Lol.

:confused::confused: I absolutely don't and never have "because" I don't. Could you please show me where I posted that? You may go through my posts and threads in my account if that helps you. Not that it is important, but you are wrong. Go thru my account and show me ONE pic I have posted.

You've obviously moved over to this side of the pond without realising :D. How is the weather in Germany :p?

What???? Omg ...has everyone gone bonkers today? What are you talking about?

No, I think Dena is mistaken. Post #636 is from a German poster (Celebrity Fan) and not from you in NJ. I was trying to state that Dena was obviously looking at the wrong name, whilst trying to add a little humour :).

Edited by villauk

No, I think Dena is mistaken. Post #636 is from a German poster and not from you in NJ. I was trying to state that Dena was obviously looking at the wrong name, whilst trying to add a little humour :).

Ohhhh. Geezzzz, I thought I was losing my mind...lol.....I know I had a few cocktails last night, but the buzz wore off hours ago. :) :D

The D1 afts only hold 2 so they can be booked for 2. It is the D1s marked for 3 or 4 that they aren't allowing only "2" to book. We don't book aft on RD class ships. I know....weird...but...we are some of the only folks on earth that don't like the aft on RD class ships.

Thanks for the explanation. :) To be honest, we've never sailed in an aft cabin so I have no idea what we're getting into. Nope..you're not weird-- that's just your preference and who knows, I may be like you after our sailing! ;)

Edited by hancogran

Harmony prices for July 2017 are eye watering. Yes I know it's a new ship etc but I'm not about to pay over $7k for a family of four for a week in a balcony

July is one of the most expensive time's of the year in the US. All kids are out for Summer break and they jack the prices up knowing people will pay the price if they want to do a summer cruise as a family. :mad:

Thanks for the explanation. :) To be honest, we've never sailed in an aft cabin so I have no idea what we're getting into. Nope..you're not weird-- that's just your preference and who knows, I may be like you after our sailing! ;)

I meant to edit last night and got busy and forgot....we have only tried the aft RD class in the southern Caribbean. It was way too warm on the aft balcony for us. We are going to try it again when we finally sail another part of the world! Hope it is fantastic for your sailings!

I meant to edit last night and got busy and forgot....we have only tried the aft RD class in the southern Caribbean. It was way too warm on the aft balcony for us. We are going to try it again when we finally sail another part of the world! Hope it is fantastic for your sailings!

Thank you! We've done 3 Southern itineraries so I understand what you're saying about it being too warm on the balcony. We're heading from San Juan to Rome so hopefully, it'll be a bit more comfortable. :)

Looks like deployment release dates have been pushed back some. Surprise Surprise :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Wow Really - April now for Northeast ? Funny the C&A Facebook page says Anthem is booking today for 2017. I asked them where ? Still waiting for a reply.

Can you book for 3 and then at final payment change it to 2 people? Make another booking as a back up in case you get booted from the aft room.

One of our cruising friends did that and when the cruise was 90 days out they called Royal to drop the 3rd person. Royal advised them that they would have to pay the prevailing rate. The new rate was 60% higher. They didn't do the back up as you suggested. They ended up cancelling and did a land vacation.

It's funny, when we were on our cruise in December I asked when the deployment schedule would be released for the Caribbean and I was told March and April. I asked for clarification and he said the schedule gets released in chunks. I thought that sounded strange, but I guess he knew what he was talking about.

Harmony prices for July 2017 are eye watering. Yes I know it's a new ship etc but I'm not about to pay over $7k for a family of four for a week in a balcony

I am so glad we booked the TA on Harmony! I am anxious to see that ship, but also would not even consider paying those prices.:eek:

Week of April 4th now.

Thanks for the update, here we go again :rolleyes:. It takes another month to get sorted :eek:. Good grief, what can be difficult in loading pre planned itineraries into a system for a planned date - it's called a deadline and many employees have to work to one, day in day out. It's not like they're discussing price brackets, all that would have already been completed.:eek: Think I may just book Reflection after seeing some of the other pricing ;).