Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

So I guess New England Canada will be put off until April 4th also? I think I'm going to wait until all is revealed before I pull the trigger on anything at all..

I'm interested to see if the Rhapsody will do New England Canada and include Quebec. I know the Anthem is going to do the regular 9 nite New England (according to the igloo web site) and I would book that if the Rhapsody falls through.

Looks like deployment release dates have been pushed back some. Surprise Surprise :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Any idea what the fine print means?

Y PLUS if sailing after May 2017, they will receive a Free Upgrade within the stateroom type.

S

Any idea what the fine print means?

Y PLUS if sailing after May 2017, they will receive a Free Upgrade within the stateroom type.

S

Right now all Oasis balcony cabins D1 - D8 are the same price. I am guessing some of the other ships must be doing the same, hence free upgrades. I did not look at any other categories

Edited by molly361

Erik, I'm on Freedom with a wonky internet -- can you briefly elaborate? Thanks! :)

Karen,

Australia, Dubai and Singapore - Week of March 21

Northeast and Seasonal Caribbean - Week of April 4th

Additional Caribbean - April 2016 (no specific date)

China - Summer 2016 (no specific date)

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Thanks for the update, here we go again :rolleyes:. It takes another month to get sorted :eek:. Good grief, what can be difficult in loading pre planned itineraries into a system for a planned date - it's called a deadline and many employees have to work to one, day in day out. It's not like they're discussing price brackets, all that would have already been completed.:eek: Think I may just book Reflection after seeing some of the other pricing ;).

I agree its ridiculous already - even if we can't book can they least post the dates so people can make some kind of plans - urrrgghhh waiting until April now. :mad:

Right now all Oasis balcony cabins D1 - D8 are the same price. I am guessing some of the other ships must be doing the same, hence free upgrades. I did not look at any other categories

I noticed that too on a couple of other ships but in particular Vision. The interior cabins were the exact same price as the Large Interior cabins. :rolleyes:

So I guess New England Canada will be put off until April 4th also? I think I'm going to wait until all is revealed before I pull the trigger on anything at all..

I'm interested to see if the Rhapsody will do New England Canada and include Quebec. I know the Anthem is going to do the regular 9 nite New England (according to the igloo web site) and I would book that if the Rhapsody falls through.

That would be nice. similar to what Serenade did this past season. Legend could also be a possibility.

Thanks Molly,

Are you still going on the Enchantment on April 22? I noticed you started the roll call.

FYI Adventure prices seem to be really good for suites in 2017-2018.

No I gave that one up when we booked the OA for May

One of our cruising friends did that and when the cruise was 90 days out they called Royal to drop the 3rd person. Royal advised them that they would have to pay the prevailing rate. The new rate was 60% higher. They didn't do the back up as you suggested. They ended up cancelling and did a land vacation.

I don't doubt that's what happened to your friends, but not sure that is policy. We routinely tell people here to book the 3rd and 4ths, just in case they need the space and higher occupancy cabins sell out. If they were repricing all the cabins when people drop someone, I think we would hear much more complaining about it.

Only seeing the Adventure itineraries out of San Juan, no Jewel yet. :(

I just saw Jewel when on the site. I was trying to push my B2B to Sept/Oct but it now won't allow me to book as a solo, so I'm staying put.

I don't doubt that's what happened to your friends, but not sure that is policy. We routinely tell people here to book the 3rd and 4ths, just in case they need the space and higher occupancy cabins sell out. If they were repricing all the cabins when people drop someone, I think we would hear much more complaining about it.

OK, I'm interested in hearing more about this. Maybe their friend was booking outside the US? I was planning to try it to book an Aft.

Isn't it typical for RCI to offer a missing sailing for a redeployed sailing... Maybe Brilliance is taking so long because they are trying to include Cuba (one can hope)

Cindy

I really don't think it's being redeployed? This reeks of IT fail.

Seeing that Brilliance's Europe sailings are out already, she has to do a TA. Maybe a charter????? (I doubt it)