Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Did anyone mention that the Oasis eastern run is St Maarten, San Juan, Labadee?

except they clear out of San Juan too early.... I would have like to see staying in San Juan a little later in exchange for arriving in Labadee an little later....

except they clear out of San Juan too early.... I would have like to see staying in San Juan a little later in exchange for arriving in Labadee an little later....

9:30 is a good arrival in Labadee. Later would be less popular. I think 8 hours in San Juan is adequate. No way they can stay till 10 or 11 if that's what you are talking about

Erik....Do you see anything for RCI that includes Quebec?

Difficult to say, IMHO it's not very likely.

But if so, maybe Rhapsody, since she is not due to return to Europe, and I do not have any idea if she could be based year-round from Tampa.

IMHO she is the most possibley ship for those itineraries, Anthem, Grandeur and Serenade are offering their common roundtrips from Cape Liberty, Baltimore and Boston for sure.

Difficult to say, IMHO it's not very likely.

But if so, maybe Rhapsody, since she is not due to return to Europe, and I do not have any idea if she could be based year-round from Tampa.

IMHO she is the most possibley ship for those itineraries, Anthem, Grandeur and Serenade are offering their common roundtrips from Cape Liberty, Baltimore and Boston for sure.

Thanks....it will be interesting to hear what Rhapsody's new itineraries will be. We were booked on the April '17 now cancelled TA.

Thanks....it will be interesting to hear what Rhapsody's new itineraries will be. We were booked on the April '17 now cancelled TA.

What did you transfer to, apologies if I've forgotten. Just off a cruise and very disconnected

What did you transfer to, apologies if I've forgotten. Just off a cruise and very disconnected

I've been gone since Feb 26 to SA and Rhapsody. Flew back from Buenos Aires yesterday. Haven't transferred yet. Need to pick something soon....

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I've been gone since Feb 26 to SA and Rhapsody. Flew back from Buenos Aires yesterday. Haven't transferred yet. Need to pick something soon....

Offers end Friday, I believe. We may just book 2 Oasis cruises and be done with it. :(

the deployment schedule has been changed. AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Northeast and Seasonal Caribbean - Week of April 4th

Exotics - Week of April 11th

"Additional Caribbean" - MAY

China - Summer

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Did they give you that as an option?

No, but we could receive the bonus OBC offer on any ship. The price match was worthless due to the 3 or 4 options they gave us were quite inexpensive and several days shorter

Legend of the Seas has a booking in Napier and Port Chalmers late November 2017.

Also a booking in Hobart late January 2018.

Nothing for Legend in Darwin and Cairns 17/18.

Explorer of the Seas has a few bookings in Sydney from 1 October 2017 clashing with Pacific Coastal USA and Trans Pacific.

Voyager appears to be traveling via Perth and New Zealand October 2017 to Sydney.

Good pickup.

Legend's last cruise that is currently available for sale concludes on Oct 21, 2017 in Venice. So the booking on Nov 27 in Napier (preceded by Tauranga) and Nov 30 in Port Chalmers are unlikely to be for Legend. She would have to enter NZ on perhaps Nov 23 at Auckland, only 33 days after leaving Venice. I think these bookings are more likely for Rhapsody. Are they new?

In addition to those Explorer Oct bookings that clash, there are more surplus bookings in Sydney OPT through the summer as noted previously.

Rhapsody was extremely popular when sailing out of Sydney as all the Aussie cruisers here know and would sell better than Legend, whether based in Brisbane, Sydney or both.

PS There are no entries in late 2017 for Legend in Fremantle either. The only two entries around that time are for Voyager (as you pointed out) and Ovation.

Summer in Nth America with Panama Canal cruises either side followed by a Transpacific is my tip for Rhapsody.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any clue as to whether Rhapsody comes back to Tampa for 7 night Western Caribbean from Fall, 2017 through Spring 2018?

Rhapsody currently has port bookings both leaving Tampa and returning to Tampa via Grand Cayman.

1. Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises May 2 2017 10:00AM May 2 2017 6:00PM

2. Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises Nov 1 2017 7:00AM Nov 1 2017 4:00PM

Rhapsody is then booked most Monday's at Key West from November to April of 2018. The ship sails on Sundays from Tampa and is in route to Cozumel from Key West on those sailings.

Rhapsody currently has port bookings both leaving Tampa and returning to Tampa via Grand Cayman.

1. Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises May 2 2017 10:00AM May 2 2017 6:00PM

2. Rhapsody of The Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises Nov 1 2017 7:00AM Nov 1 2017 4:00PM

Rhapsody is then booked most Monday's at Key West from November to April of 2018. The ship sails on Sundays from Tampa and is in route to Cozumel from Key West on those sailings.

I still think Rhapsody goes to FLL for summer 2017 to do the 4/5/5 short Caribbean rotation like Vision did a few years ago.

I still think Rhapsody goes to FLL for summer 2017 to do the 4/5/5 short Caribbean rotation like Vision did a few years ago.

I would think that or something similar. Those repo sailings were actually popular and the Grand Cayman stop would be on the way to the ABC islands which would qualify a 'distant foreign ports' for a move to another US seasonal homeport. That would also fit the release schedule now for 'Seasonal Caribbean' sailings.

Thanks.

Interesting about the Key West stops -- that stop would be nice.

No, but we could receive the bonus OBC offer on any ship. The price match was worthless due to the 3 or 4 options they gave us were quite inexpensive and several days shorter

John

The C&A rep told me we would lose our OBC from the Rhapdody cancellation if we didn't take one of the other three TAs offered. Even when we chose the Jewel April TA......She wouldn't let me put the OBC on a recent cruise.

I hope you have better like with Oasis.....

John

The C&A rep told me we would lose our OBC from the Rhapdody cancellation if we didn't take one of the other three TAs offered. Even when we chose the Jewel April TA......She wouldn't let me put the OBC on a recent cruise.

We got $400 obc on the may oasis since one of our cabins was a JS and $200 on the Dec booking since the other cabin was a Q. Both were new bookings though. Didn't you book the Jewel prior to the offer.

John

We have always been able to keep the OBC offered from a redeployment as long as you keep that same booking number. You can change that booking to any other sailing (only the ones that they offered would be price protected) and the redeployment OBC will stay on that booking.

We have always been able to keep the OBC offered from a redeployment as long as you keep that same booking number. You can change that booking to any other sailing (only the ones that they offered would be price protected) and the redeployment OBC will stay on that booking.

That has been my understanding and previous experience, as well. I wonder if that policy has changed? :(

Edited by travelgoddess1