Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I really don't think it's being redeployed? This reeks of IT fail.

Seeing that Brilliance's Europe sailings are out already, she has to do a TA. Maybe a charter????? (I doubt it)

A charter for a TA would be strange. The question is where she will be going between Tampa 4/17/17 and Barcelona 5/1/17. Let the guessing begin :)

Cindy

A charter for a TA would be strange. The question is where she will be going between Tampa 4/17/17 and Barcelona 5/1/17. Let the guessing begin :)

Cindy

strange indeed. That's just a 14 day window. Not much they can do in that amount of time and still do the 4 day sailing prior and then do the first sailing out of BCN. My vote is for IT Fail lol :p

Here's the TA for Brilliance I found through cruisecal

4/17: Tampa

4/20: San Juan

4/27: Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugalto

4/29: Malaga, Spain

4/30: Ibiza, Spain

Cindy

Correct but no pricing or ability to book, correct

Edited by John&LaLa

strange indeed. That's just a 14 day window. Not much they can do in that amount of time and still do the 4 day sailing prior and then do the first sailing out of BCN. My vote is for IT Fail lol :p

I'm confused. Can it not just be that a 14N TA is missing? What else would they be able to do? I assume they're just reorganizing ports or something.

I don't doubt that's what happened to your friends, but not sure that is policy. We routinely tell people here to book the 3rd and 4ths, just in case they need the space and higher occupancy cabins sell out. If they were repricing all the cabins when people drop someone, I think we would hear much more complaining about it.

Exactly....I'm the one who told them to do it. My point is you NEVER know what Royal will do

Did you read the part where I said "IT Fail". ;)

"We have exciting land-based opportunities at our corporate offices in Miami, Florida, and beyond! Our world class Information Technology Division is located in Miramar, Florida, just 25 miles Northwest of our corporate offices. In addition, our professional sales managers are located throughout the United States and Canada..."

careers at Royal

Edited by marci22

"We have exciting land-based opportunities at our corporate offices in Miami, Florida, and beyond! Our world class Information Technology Division is located in Miramar, Florida, just 25 miles Northwest of our corporate offices. In addition, our professional sales managers are located throughout the United States and Canada..."

careers at Royal

"World class"

irony_zpsnetnh96m.png

Was checking 2018 harmony Caribbean this morning with my C and A number, and got a bump b2b. Eastern leg stops at San Juan and labadee !!! Anyway, RC notified me 8 hours later by e-mail that 2018 Caribbean bookings were available for C and A members for 24 hours before general public. Thanks for the late heads up (not).

careers at Royal

what's the pay and where do I sign up? lol :D:D:D

Booked Oasis for November 2017, grudgingly waiting for Navigator itineraries for spring 2018. I was disappointed to say the least that is now spread out the way it is. BLESSED when these are my disappointments today!

The big unknown for me is still Rhapsody. We got the redeployment email from our travel agent a couple of days ago.

I see she is booked at Grand Cayman on May 2 and November 1 2017. Others here have guessed this means Panama which makes sense. However, she hadn't shown up in the LA port schedule when I checked recently. Does anyone know of any other common ports between Florida and California that publish their schedules well in advance? Maybe she is replacing Legend in Australia as springaussie postulated, in which case she would probably relocate via Ensenada and Hawaii, as Legend did last year (we enjoyed that cruise [emoji1] ). Seasonality is not right though, coming into the southern winter. She could easily do a season in Alaska of course, and then reposition down under via Hawaii. Any other thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The big unknown for me is still Rhapsody. We got the redeployment email from our travel agent a couple of days ago.

I see she is booked at Grand Cayman on May 2 and November 1 2017. Others here have guessed this means Panama which makes sense. However, she hadn't shown up in the LA port schedule when I checked recently. Does anyone know of any other common ports between Florida and California that publish their schedules well in advance? Maybe she is replacing Legend in Australia as springaussie postulated, in which case she would probably relocate via Ensenada and Hawaii, as Legend did last year (we enjoyed that cruise [emoji1] ). Seasonality is not right though, coming into the southern winter. She could easily do a season in Alaska of course, and then reposition down under via Hawaii. Any other thoughts?

I doubt she would be going to Alaska, as Explorer and Radiance will be there and schedules have already been released. Panama Canal could be an option (which I like). Seems that she definitely wont be going to Europe, so maybe another ship for Bermuda? I'd love to see 7 night Bermuda cruises again. For the Sept/Oct time she could possibly be doing the Canada/NE cruises that go between Quebec and Cape Liberty.

Did you check the San Diego port schedule? RCI also did Canal cruises beginning and ending in San Diego. Typical Canal ports of call you might check are Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala; Puntarenas, Costa Rica; and Colon, Panama.

Edited by travelgoddess1

no entries for more than 24 hours......has everyone given up waiting!!!

I actually did give up. When they delayed again it caused me to look on Carnival's site, and I ended up finding a B2B there that worked nicely for us. Didn't want to wait until April 4th to book Royal.

I doubt she would be going to Alaska, as Explorer and Radiance will be there and schedules have already been released. Panama Canal could be an option (which I like). Seems that she definitely wont be going to Europe, so maybe another ship for Bermuda? I'd love to see 7 night Bermuda cruises again. For the Sept/Oct time she could possibly be doing the Canada/NE cruises that go between Quebec and Cape Liberty.

We're also waiting to see where Rhapsody will be. Sailings with Quebec in the itinerary would be great.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk