Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

The big unknown for me is still Rhapsody. We got the redeployment email from our travel agent a couple of days ago.

I see she is booked at Grand Cayman on May 2 and November 1 2017. Others here have guessed this means Panama which makes sense. However, she hadn't shown up in the LA port schedule when I checked recently. Does anyone know of any other common ports between Florida and California that publish their schedules well in advance? Maybe she is replacing Legend in Australia as springaussie postulated, in which case she would probably relocate via Ensenada and Hawaii, as Legend did last year (we enjoyed that cruise [emoji1] ). Seasonality is not right though, coming into the southern winter. She could easily do a season in Alaska of course, and then reposition down under via Hawaii. Any other thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geoff I have my eyes on this but cannot find anything to report.

Of interest it appears Radiance is doing Melbourne turnarounds while Ovation is in Sydney 17/18 season.

Another big question is Legend returning to Brisbane? Also if Legend is leaving does anything replace here.

Of interest it appears Radiance is doing Melbourne turnarounds while Ovation is in Sydney 17/18 season.

Another big question is Legend returning to Brisbane? Also if Legend is leaving does anything replace here.

I can't wait to see which ships are going where from Australia.

I wish someone had a sneak peek at the itineraries :(

Port schedules now confirm that the Empress of the Seas will offer sailings to Havana, Cuba from the 7th of January of 2017.

The ship will sail every other Saturdays from Miami, with a Sunday stop at Key West and continue on to Havana from Key West.

The ship also sails with some frequency on Mondays from Miami, with Tuesday calls at Key West and then on to Havana from there.

It is unclear if there is a third alternating itinerary that does not call on Key West.

Empress should continue with shorter sailings from Miami up until that week in January 2017. The ship calls every 14 days on Grand Cayman through the end of November 2016.

Rhapsody is now scheduled from Tampa to Key West with frequency from November 2017 to April of 2018. There are no bookings at Key West for Rhapsody between May 2017 and November 2017.

Thanks.

Panama Canal maybe. Hope so.

Port schedules now confirm that the Empress of the Seas will offer sailings to Havana, Cuba from the 7th of January of 2017.

The ship will sail every other Saturdays from Miami, with a Sunday stop at Key West and continue on to Havana from Key West.

The ship also sails with some frequency on Mondays from Miami, with Tuesday calls at Key West and then on to Havana from there.

It is unclear if there is a third alternating itinerary that does not call on Key West.

Empress should continue with shorter sailings from Miami up until that week in January 2017. The ship calls every 14 days on Grand Cayman through the end of November 2016.

Thanks for the update.

Awesome. Thanks for the update!

Didn't Royal UK already report Legend being deployed to the Caribbean?

Rhapsody is now scheduled from Tampa to Key West with frequency from November 2017 to April of 2018. There are no bookings at Key West for Rhapsody between May 2017 and November 2017.

Thanks for all the updates

Yes, the UK website has Legend returning to the Caribbean, with itineraries being released in April.

What I am wondering on that front is that maybe the first plan was to send Legend to the Caribbean and then have Rhapsody in Europe.

It could be that when they booked Legend to Venice and Vision to Northern Europe, that they decided to have Rhapsody do that 'special' Caribbean season that was coming in April.

I currently see no evidence of Legend leaving the MED to the west and she is scheduled to leave to the east at the moment, when Vision returns to Venice.

Evidence of Legend's return to Australia did appear on 'eskimo house' when those itineraries first appeared.

Remember if you're booking in the UK, you may not be able to reprice once onboard without losing your deposit or incurring charges ;).

My TA just told me ŔCI are offering guarantee for 2017 launch that if they offer a better deal later you can switch without losing your deposit. BUT you will have to take all the new terms, you will not be able cherry pick the best bits of each.

What I am wondering on that front is that maybe the first plan was to send Legend to the Caribbean and then have Rhapsody in Europe.

It could be that when they booked Legend to Venice and Vision to Northern Europe, that they decided to have Rhapsody do that 'special' Caribbean season that was coming in April.

I currently see no evidence of Legend leaving the MED to the west and she is scheduled to leave to the east at the moment, when Vision returns to Venice.

Evidence of Legend's return to Australia did appear on 'eskimo house' when those itineraries first appeared.

Interesting. So maybe Legend is now actually Rhapsody. I'd love to see some more options from Florida or the NE in the summer.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser