Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

We have always been able to keep the OBC offered from a redeployment as long as you keep that same booking number. You can change that booking to any other sailing (only the ones that they offered would be price protected) and the redeployment OBC will stay on that booking.

That has been my understanding and previous experience, as well. I wonder if that policy has changed? :(

But can you transfer the booking number to an already booked cruise. I believe the OP had booked the Jewel prior to getting the offer.

But can you transfer the booking number to an already booked cruise. I believe the OP had booked the Jewel prior to getting the offer.

No you can't transfer it. They would have to change the booking that has the OBC to the Jewel and pay today's rate. Then they could cancel the other Jewel booking assuming this is all before final payment date.

We got $400 obc on the may oasis since one of our cabins was a JS and $200 on the Dec booking since the other cabin was a Q. Both were new bookings though. Didn't you book the Jewel prior to the offer.

Yes.....we had Jewel booked before the offer. She had to cancel the Jewel cabin and then change my Rhapsody reservation to the Jewel. She also had to get a supervisor to give me my original cabin price as the price had increased over the 5 days.

Originally I asked if she could apply the OBC to my upcoming Brilliance TA next month. She said it wasn't one of the options for the Rhapsody cancellation. She put my on hold numerous times.

All worked out well.....$400 OBC

Edited by Beachammo

Yes.....we had Jewel booked before the offer. She had to cancel the Jewel cabin and then change my Rhapsody reservation to the Jewel. She also had to get a supervisor to give me my original cabin price as the price had increased over the 5 days.

Originally I asked if she could apply the OBC to my upcoming Brilliance TA next month. She said it wasn't one of the options for the Rhapsody cancellation. She put my on hold numerous times.

All worked out well.....$400 OBC

Same thing here. I had the Freedom booked and he had to cancel that booking and re-book exactly the same cabin under the Rhapsody booking number. I had no problem with the price I originally paid for Freedom. New booking was even 44€ less than what I had booked (they charged me taxes for one instead of two). I was even asked how much OBC I should receive. He probably checked that, cause he put me on hold, but no problem getting my $200 OBC.

Cindy

I had really been hoping that maybe the Australia cruises would still be released this week since RCI never actually updated the release date for those sailings but alas :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

I had really been hoping that maybe the Australia cruises would still be released this week since RCI never actually updated the release date for those sailings but alas :(

15 April according to the UK site.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pre-register/

Got this e-mail from NCL yesterday (not that I cruise with them). Royal better step up their game. :eek:

10314498_10208676555248889_4071957061155868526_n.jpg?oh=069e9083e16ef1c91eaa977b8ce68ec8&oe=57989DDF

I'm not sure I follow you. Hasn't Royal already released 2017/2018 Caribbean?

Or were you referring to Epic in PC?

I think Oasis trumps Epic. Even thinking about booking some Oasis cruises next fall.

I think Oasis trumps Epic. Even thinking about booking some Oasis cruises next fall.

Royal has only released ships that sail year round in the Caribbean. So any ship that is somewhere else during the summer (i.e. Europe)and is returning to the Caribbean for the winter has not been released yet (i.e. Navigator, Brilliance, etc).

And Oasis definitely trumps Epic in all categpries (coming from someone who has been on both).

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I probably should've posted the whole e-mail. It appears that NCL has released their entire deployment. Royal has not. Only Alaska, Europe and SOME Caribbean have been released so far.

I just priced the Epic out of PC for the end of 2017 and it was a few hundred MORE than the net price (including balcony discount) for the Oasis for the end of 2017. And I priced it without the "free" beverage package.

With NCL, you're required to pay the gratuities on the "free" beverage package correct?

I just priced the Epic out of PC for the end of 2017 and it was a few hundred MORE than the net price (including balcony discount) for the Oasis for the end of 2017. And I priced it without the "free" beverage package.

Interesting.

I don't even look at NCL cruises anymore, but in my little experience, NCL has always been cheaper.

With NCL, you're required to pay the gratuities on the "free" beverage package correct?

That's what I've heard.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I believe so. The price went up around $225 when I added beverage package and specialty dining which were "free" so that must be the grats for both.

I was pricing NCL because I thought the OA pricing seemed high. If you add back in the balcony discount they are pretty much the same, at least for the week that I checked.

Edited by molly361

I believe so. The price went up around $225 when I added beverage package and specialty dining which were "free" so that must be the grats for both.

I was pricing NCL because I thought the OA pricing seemed high. If you add back in the balcony discount they are pretty much the same, at least for the week that I checked.

FWIW, the fall 2017 Oasis solo inside price is around $300 higher than the same times on Freedom in 2015.

However, the higher price now earns free tips from our TA, so it's really closer to $200 higher.

15 April according to the UK site.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pre-register/

Thank you. I hadn't seen that.

I could have predicted it though. Sigh! I'll be on a cruise that week, on Princess. Lol. So, I will have to keep my fingers crossed that I can get a good cabin at a good price three days later.

Edited by Cruzin-K

Don't I already see a few OA cruises in your signature? Two of them coincide with ours. :p

I could have predicted it though. Sigh! I'll be on a cruise that week, on Princess. Lol. So, I will have to keep my fingers crossed that I can get a good cabin at a good price three days later.

I was hoping for this week, as well, but logically I realized it was doubtful. Spring for the Internet on Princess and get the cabin and sailing you want. Fortunately, we board RD that week, so we're good to go. :)

Can you ask your TA to grab you a good cabin?

Don't I already see a few OA cruises in your signature? Two of them coincide with ours. :p

I was just having fun. The single dates in Sept and October are Laura only, I'm with her on the B2B's. Let me now when you're aboard, seems to far away to join/start roll calls

I was just having fun. The single dates in Sept and October are Laura only, I'm with her on the B2B's. Let me now when you're aboard, seems to far away to join/start roll calls

We are on 10/29/17 and 11/5/17. So you will both be there for those dates. It hadn't even occurred to me to start a roll call, but it's never too soon, so be my guest. :)

Will you be Pineapple?

Edited by travelgoddess1

We are on 10/29/17 and 11/5/17. So you will both be there for those dates. It hadn't even occurred to me to start a roll call, but it's never too soon, so be my guest. :)

Will you be Pineapple?

Not until the second November cruise. Of course barring any redeploying by Royal. :rolleyes:

The 10/29 trip is going to be a hoot. Big reunion group from past Freedom cruises. Actually, there is a roll call on that one

Maybe I'll get lucky and the release date will get pushed back :-D

Unless the itineraries are released early, I won't have a chance to even pick out the exact cruise I want. April 15 I will be scuba diving in Coz and won't even be able to call my TA during work hours. I guess my best bet would be to book online and then transfer to my TA when I get home.