Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I haven't been able to find the new date listed anywhere - can you tell us where you saw that new date information ?

Here it is. It was posted last night in this thread on the previous page (post 1228)

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Edited by molly361

thank you ! ugghh what a disappointment - This is the first time I am having my family come along and now I have to tell them its going to be another week. Wish they would just say one date and stick to it - why the delay ? I hope they don't take away or change the intineraries.

Unfreakingbelieveable. I am starting to become disenchanted with Royal Caribbean. This is no way to run a business. I would be interested to know why they keep pushing this off. Is it lack of berthing? World politics influencing travel patterns? Trying to figure out drydocks? Or maybe the first word of the website gives it away, as the word creative is often a polite synonym for disorganized or flaky.

Unfreakingbelieveable. I am starting to become disenchanted with Royal Caribbean. This is no way to run a business. I would be interested to know why they keep pushing this off. Is it lack of berthing? World politics influencing travel patterns? Trying to figure out drydocks? Or maybe the first word of the website gives it away, as the word creative is often a polite synonym for disorganized or flaky.

Same thing happens every year.

Here it is. It was posted last night in this thread on the previous page (post 1228)

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Slacking again on an early Monday morning??:rolleyes:;);)

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pre-register/

Certain Anthem Cruises have also been uploaded to the TA's website where an eskimo lives this morning too! Can't book them yet though but the dates and itineries are there

Thank-you much. Interesting that the UK site gives actual dates for some of the openings and ship names. A bit easier to understand than "Exotics".

So, basically at this point we have no idea if add'l Caribbean is 4/8 or the week of 4/11? For me it does make a difference b/c I did an onboard booking on 2/10 that I need to transfer to an agency.

Royal is saying "Additional Caribbean" won't be released until May, but currently Seasonal Caribbean and Northeast are scheduled for 4/11.

I would guess (based on nothing) that most seasonal itineraries will be released through feb 2018 with the next batch of updates, maybe next week or the week after. They're clearly waiting on *something* before they can release them.

For the "Additional Caribbean" set to release in May, Cuba could make sense there as they're waiting for govt approval.

This latest delay makes me glad I decided not to wait and booked with another line. Very frustrating... I'll keep an eye out for next summer seasonal cruises, especially if some go to Cuba I'd be interested in switching to that, but I would bet any Cuba sailings would be totally off the hook with pricing.

Royal is saying "Additional Caribbean" won't be released until May, but currently Seasonal Caribbean and Northeast are scheduled for 4/11.

I would guess (based on nothing) that most seasonal itineraries will be released through feb 2018 with the next batch of updates, maybe next week or the week after. They're clearly waiting on *something* before they can release them.

For the "Additional Caribbean" set to release in May, Cuba could make sense there as they're waiting for govt approval.

This latest delay makes me glad I decided not to wait and booked with another line. Very frustrating... I'll keep an eye out for next summer seasonal cruises, especially if some go to Cuba I'd be interested in switching to that, but I would bet any Cuba sailings would be totally off the hook with pricing.

I'm talking about Northeast Caribbean. The UK site that someone posted says 4/8.

Thank-you much. Interesting that the UK site gives actual dates for some of the openings and ship names. A bit easier to understand than "Exotics".

I agree ship names makes it much easier to understand. . . . But, do you think they are behind?

They list the exotics for Friday April 15 [week of April 11] and the "creative RCCL" list exotics the week of April 18. This site may not be up to date either. :confused::rolleyes::eek:

I agree ship names makes it much easier to understand. . . . But, do you think they are behind?

They list the exotics for Friday April 15 [week of April 11] and the "creative RCCL" list exotics the week of April 18. This site may not be up to date either. :confused::rolleyes::eek:

Hard to say which is behind, standard RCI communication confusion.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pre-register/

Certain Anthem Cruises have also been uploaded to the TA's website where an eskimo lives this morning too! Can't book them yet though but the dates and itineries are there

Those have been on the 'cold' site for about a month because I was looking at the New England cruises and the date in August is later next year than this year on Anthem (according to their itineraries).

Can't believe they have been delayed again - yes I can, it happens year after year! Still don't understand why though :confused:?

We can't name the UK TA site on CC because it's against the rules. If you check back to swoopy's post it may help ;).

I did...but is there someplace to see specific cruise dates for 2017 (that haven't been released)? I'm not referring to the release dates.

I don't see any changes from what was posted last night. Are there?

No, I don't believe it has changed from last night. However, the day is young.

Edited by clarea