Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I did...but is there someplace to see specific cruise dates for 2017 (that haven't been released)? I'm not referring to the release dates.

The TA site has Anthem itineraries for 2017 on its site, but who knows if they will change when Royal release the official ones :confused:.

The TA site has Anthem itineraries for 2017 on its site, but who knows if they will change when Royal release the official ones :confused:.

OK, thanks...well, then I must be looking at the wrong thing...I clicked on the suggested link & it was a RCCL site, not a TA.

OK, thanks...well, then I must be looking at the wrong thing...I clicked on the suggested link & it was a RCCL site, not a TA.

No, not the link to see the itineraries, you need to type in the Eskimo's abode to search.

No, not the link to see the itineraries, you need to type in the Eskimo's abode to search.

Thanks so much, I finally figured out what you were alluding to...found it. And the 11-day May 2017 itineraries don't work for me...well, that puts an end to that!

Thanks so much, I finally figured out what you were alluding to...found it. And the 11-day May 2017 itineraries don't work for me...well, that puts an end to that!

I don't know if you realize it, but the 11 days are actually 9 night cruises. 2 overnights in NY. Also I don't know how accurate the website is. They have 11 nights on May 10th and the next one on May 24th including the 2 days in NY. That's not 11 days. What happened to the other 3 days?

There are also dates missing for June, July and others, and nothing for February. They also have all the Bahamas cruises listed as Bermuda, and I thought RCCL website was bad.:eek:

What I realized earlier is that they are more like 9 days - the site counts days for flying in and out. Don't know if a 9 day would work better, but thought I'd point that out. Thought the cruise I wanted was 9 days, then realized it was shorter just looking at the cruise days.

I don't know if you realize it, but the 11 days are actually 9 night cruises. 2 overnights in NY. Also I don't know how accurate the website is. They have 11 nights on May 10th and the next one on May 24th including the 2 days in NY. That's not 11 days. What happened to the other 3 days?

There are also dates missing for June, July and others, and nothing for February. They also have all the Bahamas cruises listed as Bermuda, and I thought RCCL website was bad.:eek:

Good point! OK, I'll just have to be patient til next week! But, yes, 9 days would work!

Good point! OK, I'll just have to be patient til next week! But, yes, 9 days would work!

Yes, you have to look at the actual itineraries to see what day the cruise leaves, after taking out the flying days - it will be different ;). As I said previously, how accurate they are, who knows :confused:?

Just received an email from Royal stating that Ovation's inaugural season in Australia will be extended with a further 4 cruises. The repositioning from Sydney to Singapore is now showing Sold Out, suggesting it will be moved to a later date to accommodate these cruises. The additional cruises are not yet listed for sale on Royal's website.

The email also says that Ovation is now confirmed to again cruise fromSydney in the 2017/18 season. No surprise.

Some information here: http://www.ovationoftheseas.com.au

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the cruises listed on the "cold" site for Canada and N/E on Anthem for 2017 and then comparing them to Portland's port schedule the "cold" site does not match. Portland's schedule would seem to reflect 5N Bermuda as usual between the 9N Canada N/E since there is generally14N between Portland's scheduled arrival of Anthem. 9/3, 9/17, 10/01, 10/16. My Best Guess:

Canada & N/E... 08-31-2017 to 09-09-2017

Bermuda.......... 09-09-2017 to 09-14-2017

Canada & N/E... 09-14-2017 to 09-23-2017

Bermuda.......... 09-23-2017 to 09-28-2017

Canada & N/E... 09-28-2017 to 10-07-2017

Bermuda.......... 10-07-2017 to 10-12-2017

Canada & N/E... 10-12-2017 to 10-21-2017 (?)

Just received an email from Royal stating that Ovation's inaugural season in Australia will be extended with a further 4 cruises. The repositioning from Sydney to Singapore is now showing Sold Out, suggesting it will be moved to a later date to accommodate these cruises. The additional cruises are not yet listed for sale on Royal's website.

The email also says that Ovation is now confirmed to again cruise fromSydney in the 2017/18 season. No surprise.

Some information here: http://www.ovationoftheseas.com.au

Whaaaaat?!?!? :eek::eek: I'm booked on that cruise, and have planned it as a B2B with the Australia/NZ sailing right before it. That's a long way to go for just the one cruise...

Whaaaaat?!?!? :eek::eek: I'm booked on that cruise, and have planned it as a B2B with the Australia/NZ sailing right before it. That's a long way to go for just the one cruise...

What a drag.

Here is a media report quoting Royal's local MD that the season will be extended to late Feb 2017:

http://australia.etbtravelnews.com/284312/royal-caribbean-extends-ovation-of-the-seas-maiden-australian-season/

I don't know where they are going to berth Ovation for the extra turnarounds as Sydney OPT is completely booked out during this time. My guess is that Royal has done a deal with the Navy to use Woolloomooloo. Other possibilities include deploying one of the other ships to a different Australian port and using those OPT bookings for Ovation, but this would inconvenience a lot of passengers as these cruises have been on sale for the best part of 12 months. No other cruises from Sydney during Jan and Feb are showing "Sold Out".

5th April 2016

Dear Ovation of the Seas Guest,

As you may know Royal Caribbean International has today confirmed Australia’s very first new-build cruise ship, the ground-breaking US$1 billion Ovation of the Seas, will extend her maiden season down under with an extra four cruises, to meet the incredible demand from Australian travelers.

This unfortunately does mean that there will be changes to the 23rd January 2017 repositioning cruise from Sydney to Singapore that you currently have reserved. Whilst we can confirm the new departure date for this repositioning cruise will be 20th February 2017, we are currently in the final stages of confirming the new itinerary and therefore we are not yet ready to make any changes to your existing booking.

We would however, like to assure you that you will have the first opportunity to move to the new repositioning cruise – or an alternate cruise of your choice. Rest assured the new and amended voyage itineraries will not be made available for general sale until you have been accommodated.

We thank you for your patience whilst we finalise the details for the extended season and we will be in contact very soon to confirm the options available to you including the revised repositioning itinerary. We understand you will want to start making changes to your air and accommodation however we recommend no changes are made until we confirm the itineraries and are in contact with you to finalise your options.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change to your cruise and we look forward to working with you to minimise the impact to your travel plans.

Sincerely yours,

Redeployments and Itinerary Changes Royal Caribbean International

Just spotted some bogus entries in the Sydney OPT schedule for Radiance on Feb 17th (when she is in Darwin) and Feb 20th (in Bali). So, they're probably for Ovation.

A 3 nighter perhaps? I was going to cancel the repo anyway and February is no good for me for a longer cruise- but I'll consider a 3 nighter.

Makes sense. 17 February 2017 is a Friday so it would be a weekend cruise. I would love to go on Ovation but I'm hesitant on doing a 3 Night Sampler after doing one on the Celebrity Solstice in 2014.

It was not enjoyable at all. Too many people wanting to do everything in 3 days. Bars were packed and ran out of many drinks and it was impossible to get into an alternative restaurant.

We went back on Celebrity Solstice 3 months later on an 8 day cruise and it was a completely different experience.

I'm hoping that a couple of the 4 extra cruises are shorter 7-9 nighters to the South Pacific making it long enough to enjoy the ship and short enough so it is to expensive.

5th April 2016

Dear Ovation of the Seas Guest,

As you may know Royal Caribbean International has today confirmed Australia’s very first new-build cruise ship, the ground-breaking US$1 billion Ovation of the Seas, will extend her maiden season down under with an extra four cruises, to meet the incredible demand from Australian travelers.

This unfortunately does mean that there will be changes to the 23rd January 2017 repositioning cruise from Sydney to Singapore that you currently have reserved. Whilst we can confirm the new departure date for this repositioning cruise will be 20th February 2017, we are currently in the final stages of confirming the new itinerary and therefore we are not yet ready to make any changes to your existing booking.

We would however, like to assure you that you will have the first opportunity to move to the new repositioning cruise – or an alternate cruise of your choice. Rest assured the new and amended voyage itineraries will not be made available for general sale until you have been accommodated.

We thank you for your patience whilst we finalise the details for the extended season and we will be in contact very soon to confirm the options available to you including the revised repositioning itinerary. We understand you will want to start making changes to your air and accommodation however we recommend no changes are made until we confirm the itineraries and are in contact with you to finalise your options.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change to your cruise and we look forward to working with you to minimise the impact to your travel plans.

Sincerely yours,

Redeployments and Itinerary Changes Royal Caribbean International

I would be highly suspicious of the highlighted statement. Every year RCI promises Crown & Anchor members a 24-hour exclusive access to the new bookings, and yet it has never happened. Monitor your repo cruise and the new repo cruise very carefully. :eek:

I would be highly suspicious of the highlighted statement. Every year RCI promises Crown & Anchor members a 24-hour exclusive access to the new bookings, and yet it has never happened. Monitor your repo cruise and the new repo cruise very carefully. :eek:

Maybe since this is technically a redeployment, she may actually be given the "exclusive access"??? I personally wouldn't count on it. lol :rolleyes:

Is there a web address to book during the "Crown & Anchor members a 24-hour exclusive access to the new bookings" or can those early bookings only be made over the phone with RCI directly?

If there is a web address, what is it?

Is there a web address to book during the "Crown & Anchor members a 24-hour exclusive access to the new bookings" or can those early bookings only be made over the phone with RCI directly?

Every deployment that has been released so far this year has been available to the public at the same time as C and A members. There has been NO exculsive access for C and A, sad but true

No special web address, just use Royal's website logged in so it knows you are a C&A member.

Looking at the cruises listed on the "cold" site for Canada and N/E on Anthem for 2017 and then comparing them to Portland's port schedule the "cold" site does not match. Portland's schedule would seem to reflect 5N Bermuda as usual between the 9N Canada N/E since there is generally14N between Portland's scheduled arrival of Anthem. 9/3, 9/17, 10/01, 10/16. My Best Guess:

Canada & N/E... 08-31-2017 to 09-09-2017

Bermuda.......... 09-09-2017 to 09-14-2017

Canada & N/E... 09-14-2017 to 09-23-2017

Bermuda.......... 09-23-2017 to 09-28-2017

Canada & N/E... 09-28-2017 to 10-07-2017

Bermuda.......... 10-07-2017 to 10-12-2017

Canada & N/E... 10-12-2017 to 10-21-2017 (?)

Are you seeing any RCI ship with Quebec in the itinerary?