HAL pays gratuties.....

Krazy Kruizers

I also was able to get the free gratuities and internet minutes on upcoming October cruise. This was done by my HAL pcc.

My question though, is I don't see any written documentation on my account payment online, nor did I get an email confirmation that this was added. Did anyone get any kind of written confirmation that you received free gratuities from this ?

I also was able to get the free gratuities and internet minutes on upcoming October cruise. This was done by my HAL pcc.

My question though, is I don't see any written documentation on my account payment online, nor did I get an email confirmation that this was added. Did anyone get any kind of written confirmation that you received free gratuities from this ?

I only have it noted on my invoice from TA...under comments and other OBC that I have.

I took a screenshot of my cruise listed with the blue boxed ONE WEEK SALE notation....then I took a screenshot of the terms and conditions....These will be dated stamped, to confirm this reservation within the allotted one week (my TA's invoice is dated Sept. 15/2015 with the amended notation).

That is the best I can do, as HAL does not send/email any confirmation.. I wish they did supply some documentation, even if only under "my reservations" or noted on the online checkin page.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

then I feel lucky, as I got this promo practically free!

the price of my cruise had not gone up from my time of booking (in fact it had already gone down $24 once, and remained at that pricing - I am past final payment, but was able to add this ONE WEEK SALE promotion of gratuities paid - on a 17 day cruise that is a pretty significant amount for 2 people.

However, they took my Welcome home offer, rebook within 60 days (received once home from my last cruise, when I jumped on this cruise) - because they said the offer is no longer valid, even though my booking number does not change. So I gave up $100 to get $391 - not too shabby.. My other OBCs are still in place (FCD, TA etc) .

I find it interesting that my sailing never changed in price when they added this promotion!

Carol

I am happy to hear that you got the new promo!!

Our TA called and we were denied the "gratuities" even though we had paid full price for our cabin category.

Reason HAL gave -- it is only being offered for categories where there are still cabins available.

Our cabin category is sold out.

Thus -- nothing!!

oh my, does it state in the terms and conditions of this promo that it applies only to cabin categories that are still available?

Our TA called and we were denied the "gratuities" even though we had paid full price for our cabin category.

Reason HAL gave -- it is only being offered for categories where there are still cabins available.

Thus -- nothing!!

Keep trying!

We were also refused because our category is sold out. We would have had to rebook to an outside from a Signature and it would cost more! It was worth a try but we got an excellent deal from our TA Way back when the Canadian dollar was ok so we're not worrying about it at all.

oh my, does it state in the terms and conditions of this promo that it applies only to cabin categories that are still available?

the promo says "new bookings only", so it the category isn't offered for sale because it is sold out, then theoretically it would't apply. This is not just specific to HAL. There was a "Canada Special" with O a month or two ago. We couldn't get that one because our category was sold out. Made sense to me.

We were denied the benefits also. Reason given was price had gone up. They would give us the benefits but we would have to pay more for the cabin. (Which doesn't make a lot of sense since our category was sold out.)

Exact same thing with us yesterday.

Did anyone get this AND keep the OBC they already had?

I kept my OBC from the TA, and also the OBC awarded from using a future cruise deposit, as it is combinable with other offers. The welcome back, rebook with us OBC offer (ZPM) was taken away, as it is not combinable with other offers (I read the fine print) ...... As we are on a 17 day cruise, the HSC being paid is well worth more than the $100 ZPM credit.

I was told the amount of the gratuities will be placed on our shipboard account as OBC, and the hotel service charge will be subtracted daily from the account.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

Thus -- nothing!!

I'm sorry to hear that. It really a disincentive to booking early We're sticklers for getting the specific cabins we want, so we book early. Maybe we'll have to get over that and roll the dice on late bookings. It's not like we have to worry about flights and hotels for sailings out of Port Everglades. (Says the man who booked December 2016 the day it opened. Oh well. There's always 2017 or 18.)

We had booked during the Anniversary Sale----to receive the Week Sale, paid gratuities, we would loose everything but it was a break even... We could take one or the other. We just kept what we had from the Anniversary Sale.

Friends had book without any specials and had one small problem receiving the paid gratuities.

The small problem was our TA said HAL was having computer issues giving the credit for the sale. We were told HAL was making a list of everyone they needed to add the credit to. Called back to confirm it was applied, was told all was handled.

I booked with HAL an SY Suite in April 2015 for March 12th 2016 a 21 day Panama canal cruise. I called HAL today and was told it did not apply to this cruise.

It does apply - see my post today on the March 12 roll call message board. Maybe what they meant was that it did not apply to sold out categories??

Edited by DaveOKC

Thanks all, I'll check again.

I encourage all to persevere. My TA called several times over three days, receiving different answers/excuses/reasons for denial each time. On the third day she got an answer she liked et voila! I had to pay a slight increase in the cruise fare, more than offset by prepaid gratuities for 89 days. I also kept all of my obc's.

However, like others, I have some concerns over the lack of documentation.