Freedom vs Harmony... Help!

holula

Looking to book a January or February 2017 cruise. The dates aren't super important and right now I'm weighing up between an eight day Freedom Eastern (Labadee, St Maarten, San Juan, St Kitts) vs a seven day Harmony (either Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel or Nassau, St Maarten, St Thomas). I've been to all of the ports other than St Maarten. I've sailed on Freedom and am currently on Oasis. Harmony is $400 more for one less day which is swaying me towards Freedom but I LOVE waterslides.

I'm looking to book before I get off Oasis to get the reduced deposit. This is definitely a first world problem. ;)

Looking to book a January or February 2017 cruise. The dates aren't super important and right now I'm weighing up between an eight day Freedom Eastern (Labadee, St Maarten, San Juan, St Kitts) vs a seven day Harmony (either Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel or Nassau, St Maarten, St Thomas). I've been to all of the ports other than St Maarten. I've sailed on Freedom and am currently on Oasis. Harmony is $400 more for one less day which is swaying me towards Freedom but I LOVE waterslides.

I'm looking to book before I get off Oasis to get the reduced deposit. This is definitely a first world problem. ;)

When we booked our Harmony cruise for February 2017 we got a tremendous price that we could not pass up and I so want to enjoy the waterslides.

However if I was choosing between an extra day and the waterslide, I would pick the extra day especially since it is $400 less to go on Freedom. They have announced that other ships are going to be getting waterslide, to there will be other opportunity to enjoy them.

My vote is for the extra day for less money! :) We have been looking at the Freedom Jan. 21, 2017 sailing. Your question has actually nudged me closer to booking it! Love the Freedom

That's the one I'm looking at too.

Yikes... Thats a hard one.. But if It was less money, I would do the extra day and still pay less. So My Vote is for Freedom (Even though I love Oasis Class ships)..

However you do have the waterslide vs the extra day/cost issue.... so that is one you may be flipping a coin over.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

When I booked (June 2015) for our Harmony for March 2017 the prices were so AMAZING I booked 4 cabins to surprise the family with...that's how great those prices were...

Still I would opt for this new ship over the FOS... the eastern caribbean is our favorite (have never had any interest in the western caribbean too much like Mexico) and have done and loved the 8 nighters especially on Indy & Liberty...but hard to pass up sailing on a new ship with all the ammenities it's going to have.

Enjoy whatever works for you as you won't regret either choice.

I'm excited because we've never been to St. Kitts!

I love St Kitts! We did a Southern last year that included it and it was beautiful. One of my favorites.

I think my choice would be easier if it was either Liberty or Independence and not Freedom for the eight night... Then I would at least get to experience a new ship. Right now I am leaning towards Freedom because I don't think the waterslides are worth $400.

A ship is only new for so long. Go with the Harmony.

If you are not going on the inaugural sailing (which I would never do), it would not matter to me, how 'new' the ship was.....they all have relatively LONG life.

For us, every ship is new the first time we cruise on it and every cruise is a new cruise, even if we have cruised on that ship before.

Better value with Freedom and that extra day before you have to end your cruise....always good to me.

Edited by Paulette3028

I love St Kitts! We did a Southern last year that included it and it was beautiful. One of my favorites.

I think my choice would be easier if it was either Liberty or Independence and not Freedom for the eight night... Then I would at least get to experience a new ship. Right now I am leaning towards Freedom because I don't think the waterslides are worth $400.

I'm pretty excited about the 'extra' day too!

If budget allows, book both, continue to weigh options and watch prices. See how you feel down the road and at some point cancel one & transfer the funds to the other.

If eventually using a TA you may have some fees.

Since the deposit is only $50 for each cruise I probably will do that.

If budget allows, book both, continue to weigh options and watch prices. See how you feel down the road and at some point cancel one & transfer the funds to the other.

If eventually using a TA you may have some fees.

Great, if everyone does that, the cabins aren't available, RCL algorithm raises pricing. :rolleyes:

Hi

We have been considering these two cruises for awhile now. After reading the posts. We have arrived at our choice for our next cruise. It came down to more days, less money for basically the same cruise ports . Since we have been to most of the ports. We have decided on the Freedom of the Seas. The FOS gives us what are looking for at this time.:) Thanks for the input. HAPPY CRUISING.:D

Waiting to cruise

kruise kat:), kruise runner:cool:

I would go for the Freedom. You are already on an Oasis class, go with a different class. Its $400.00 cheaper for a couple of upgrades if you think about it. Also the novelty will wear out quick enough and the cruise experience in my opinion is fairly similar across the fleet.