Ideas for "out of office" message

mrs.captn1

Here is my home address. I'm out of the country on a boat with no ability to be contacted. Drop by and take what you like.

LOL!!!

I have a co-worker who announces on Facebook everytime she goes on a trip. I see it and think "One of these days you're gonna come home to an empty house!"

LOL!!!

I have a co-worker who announces on Facebook everytime she goes on a trip. I see it and think "One of these days you're gonna come home to an empty house!"

I know a couple who used to do that & did come home to a burglarized house one time. I tell as few people as possible whenever I go out of town.

As much as I wanted to use one of the funnier (albeit true) messages I found when I did a web search I can up with ..it's not at all funny but it is what I could get away with working for a large Wall St firm...

I'm "OOO" & will reply to your email when I get back in on FILL IN THE BLANK

Edited by Zubsin

Put the following on your voice mail (in your best baseball announcers voice)

"Bottom of the ninth 2 on 2 out and we are down by 1. Here comes <your name> to the plate--and the pitch.... LOOONNNGGG fly ball deep left field--IT's Going, GOing ITS GONE" and so is <your name> --please leave me your name number and a brief message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.... Beep"

does zat help?

Couple of actual out-of-office messages, co-workers on cruises have done at my job so far this year - People 'discover' cruising at work.:p (Names of course removed plus dates /days switch to 'X" because I forget the dates or because it speaks for itself...:o)

I'm on a cruise ship to Bermuda with no internet or phone access whatsoever from X/X to X/X/XXXX, I will be back on X/X/XXXX. :)

I'm out of the office on a Caribbean cruise from X/X to X/X/XXXX with limited access, I will return emails and calls at my most earliest convenience. If you truly need to reach me - sorry.

I'm on a family reunion cruise trip with extremely limited access for a week, then traveling Europe for the 5 weeks of vacation, returning back on XXX, X, XXXX. Please call ----- at XXX-XXX-XXXX for all your business needs and concerns.

Will be at a nude cruise from XXX, X, XXXX to XXX, X, XXXX. If you need to contact me, please call my assistant at XXX-XXX-XXXX and she will patch you into me.

LOL!!!

At one time (I can't find it so it must be down) someone took a number of the Facebook "I am on a trip" posts and created a site called "Rob My House". They did it just to make a point of how stupid it is to tell people on Facebook that they were out.

The reason it is probably down is that too many people actually got their houses robbed.

DON

This would seriously make people's heads explode.

Mass emails from HR, on what the proper wording for out-of-office emails got sent out plus a mandatory training class. The executives / employees from other lines of business were not amused with that (and other messages too:o), our LOB HR rep said it was the 1st time ever the Anonymous HR reporting telephone line was bombarded...:eek:

Edited by maywell

Of course, we don't know what sort of office you work in but I'd hesitate to leave a business message of the sort mentioned. While I think them funny and entertaining for personal voice mail perhaps not for business. Does your office allow such messages?

Of course, we don't know what sort of office you work in but I'd hesitate to leave a business message of the sort mentioned. While I think them funny and entertaining for personal voice mail perhaps not for business. Does your office allow such messages?

Did you really think that was necessary to say? Did you really think these were REAL recommendations?

If so, I really hope the OP has a better grasp of fun or we may have gotten them fired.

Clearly these were an attempt at humor. At least one of the following statements are true: Many of us failed miserably at being cute/funny and need to try harder. You need to purchase a sense of humor.

Did you really think that was necessary to say? Did you really think these were REAL recommendations?

If so, I really hope the OP has a better grasp of fun or we may have gotten them fired.

Clearly these were an attempt at humor. At least one of the following statements are true: Many of us failed miserably at being cute/funny and need to try harder. You need to purchase a sense of humor.

Mine actually happen - no one hasn't gotta fired, Yet. But I give about maybe next year for at least one to get ax because it was that bad. Not of the level of mass email of "blah blah, screw this - I quit" to thousands in the company but still wrong.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I'd just say "I will be out of the office until XXXXX, should you need assistance prior to then, please contact XXXXX at XXXXXX. That's pretty much what my o"out of office" message is, regardless of why or for how long I am out. A) I want to be a little more professional B) I really don't want everyone else knowing my business as to where/why I am not in the office.

I think that I'd get in some serious trouble for some of the suggested messages. I try to keep it somewhat professional, but I don't hesitate to insert an "out of the country." And when it's been somewhere particularly cool, Tahiti and Antarctica, for instance, I DID slip in the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk