Elite Level Changing

1MKS1128

I'd love to trade in my card for a blue one just to see how everyone would treat me as a first time cruiser for a change. ;)

If you can find someone to give you a friend/family rate on a cruise, you get a blue card. You earn your status, but you don't get the benefits on that rate.

If you can find someone to give you a friend/family rate on a cruise, you get a blue card. You earn your status, but you don't get the benefits on that rate.

No thanks. ;) I'd lose my loyalty benefit $$ and number of cruises doesn't mean anything to my status at this point. I'd just like to experience how everyone treats a first time cruiser.

Probably better. :rolleyes:

No thanks. ;) I'd lose my loyalty benefit $$ and number of cruises doesn't mean anything to my status at this point. I'd just like to experience how everyone treats a first time cruiser.

Probably better. :rolleyes:

It's easy to be kind of jealous of the blue card holders. Of course many have cruised on other lines but, for the true first timers, nothing beats the excitement of that first cruise. :)

It's easy to be kind of jealous of the blue card holders. Of course many have cruised on other lines but, for the true first timers, nothing beats the excitement of that first cruise. :)

I still get the buzzzzzzz whenever I board

Interesting note about lanyards and ship cards...

I wore my card on a lanyard all the time until I started to need reading glasses, and then I purchased a small bag that would hold both. But on port days, I still wear my card and an expired drivers license with a hole punched in the corner as a photo ID on a lanyard. It speeds up embarkation and disembarkation considerably.

In Hilo last week we returned to the ship on a WalMart shuttle. The driver told us over and over to have a photo ID and ship card ready to show at the port gate. I pulled my lanyard out from under my shirt where I tuck it once off the ship. The security agent boarded...and two ladies in the seat across from us didn't have their card handy, and then had to dig in their purses for their wallets, and then through their wallets for their photo IDs. I thought the crew that was with us, who had very limited me off the ship, would lose their minds.

If someone is offended at a black card on a lanyard, that's a personal issue.

As for the Captains Circle program, of course it will change some day, and not for the better. That's life.

I wear a lanyard for my convenience and no other reason .. It is a clear holder that has my card on one side and coffee card on the other side. Never have to fumble for a card and hold up a line looking for a card. To each his own .. What ever works for you is just fine.

Debr

It's always the few who spoil it for the many. I will never get to elite and I really don't care. I'm just tickled to be able to cruise from time-to-time. I've found a huge majority of cruisers to be polite, happy, appreciative, and fun. When I find someone with a chip on their shoulder or who obviously feels entitled, I ignore them and move away ASAP. Give me the friendly and helpful any level cruiser - we'll have a good time together. And, while I'm spouting off, I think Princess does a fantastic job. Perfect? No, but neither am I!

I don't think I ever had a blue card. When we did our first cruise, the card had a picture of the ship on it.

Now that you mentioned it I had to check my old cards & they're paper with the Seawitch logo on them. The ship's name isn't even printed on the card.

Funny thing is I don't actually remember the room keys. :confused:

Now that you mentioned it I had to check my old cards & they're paper with the Seawitch logo on them. The ship's name isn't even printed on the card.

Funny thing is I don't actually remember the room keys. :confused:

That's right. When we started cruising they were cardboard. No pictures. I think the key to our rooms were actually keys! Go figure.

DW wears her cruise card on a lanyard and I'm often jealous as I'm fumbling for mine, trying to figure out which pocket my card is in.

My wife and I use lanyards. Well, actually I did have one cruise when I didn't have a lanyard (forgot it at home) and darned if that wasn't the one cruise when I lost my card. Guess it came out of my pocket at some point. The funny thing was that it was on a :eek: GASP!!:eek: one night cruise:eek::eek:. Sure felt stupid going down to Passenger Services to get another card so I could get off the next morning in Vancouver! I still haven't lived that one down with my wife!

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

I wear a lanyard for my convenience and no other reason .. It is a clear holder that has my card on one side and coffee card on the other side. Never have to fumble for a card and hold up a line looking for a card. To each his own .. What ever works for you is just fine.

Debr

Mrs Gut uses something similar

On a different note and different cruise line a change like this affected us.

We sail RCI (just saying for completeness) to my point and in no way a comparison to this cruise line.

We were kinda new to the cruising scene when they changed loyalty earned from counting cruises sailed to nights at sea.

We were converted by multiplying our cruises by some unknown formula (:eek:) I really never actually looked had the way they did it ---alls I know is one day I had 4 C & A loyalty points and the next day I had 37, after a cruise and given a free day.

Thanks for letting me share.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

The only time a Princess necklace can come in handy is when cutting in line at the Passengers services deck. :rolleyes:

Why would you be cutting in line? Every Princess ship we've been on has a specific, well marked Elite and Suites line.

Why would you be cutting in line? Every Princess ship we've been on has a specific, well marked Elite and Suites line.

I think that is what Florida Lover is talking about. I have to admit, every time I get in that line I do feel a little like I am cutting, LOL.

Debr

I've seen those around the ship and think it's great. Where did you get yours?