Epic Refurbishment

Single Cruiser

i was on board pearl until this morning, and i heard from a crew member that the refurbishment budget for epic originally started at $2 million, then grew to $20 million, and is now over $40 million. So, there should be lots of impressive changes.

omg!

We will be on the 1st cruise after its dry dock. Its my 2nd time on the boat so I'm excited to see all the new changes and upgrades. Ill post pictures once we are back.

It's our first ncl cruise ever and we'll be with you Nickolast. Are you at the premier inn on Sunday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on board Pearl until this morning, and I heard from a crew member that the refurbishment budget for Epic originally started at $2 million, then grew to $20 million, and is now over $40 million. So, there should be lots of impressive changes.

Well at least we now know why the UBP price is going up - it's to pay for the Epics refurb! :o

I was on board Pearl until this morning, and I heard from a crew member that the refurbishment budget for Epic originally started at $2 million, then grew to $20 million, and is now over $40 million. So, there should be lots of impressive changes.

That will be to cut the hole in the hull and replace two engines. The extra week in dry dock alone would have added a lot.

Sounds wrong 40 million dollars might include new engines but no way,This is how rumours start,

Edited by bmwman

$40 million is well within the realm of possibility for a dry dock. There have been quite a few over the years in the $40-$50 million range amongst major lines. The February/March drydock for Pride of America is already at $50 million and growing. Major technical updates and overhauls are planned for her as well.

I think $40 million is a minimal amount, especially considering the engine replacement... those parts are quite pricey.....

A state-of-the-art motor yacht over 100 feet now is $1 million per meter (or more than $50 million for an impressive, but not outlandish, 170-footer) Billionaire Roman Abramovich’s 525-foot Eclipse, (currently the world’s largest private yacht) reportedly cost $300 million, with the bulk of the cost arising due to the build of the engine necessary to power the vessel.

Edited by Trynity

Think whatever you want. I report, you decide. I have no reason to make anything up.

That's all you comment is a report let's wait for NCL to comment given some of work is warranty. I am sure it will be in the financial accounts published in due course. Yes I may be wrong but only NCl truly know the cost not you or me.

I am not saying you are making things up but I decided it sounds wrong given other reports I have read its that simple. If I am wrong I apologise in advance, but as you say, you decide if I am right, its just a counter comment.

Edited by bmwman

Wow that's alot of money! Very much looking forwards to being onboard to see what has changed first hand on the 19th.

I appreciate all your little news updates Cruiser Bruiser. Keeps things interesting on these forums and tbh from experience alot more of what I read here from people like yourself is more accurate than majority of the nonsense you read picking up a newspaper these days!

Keep up your hardwork!

$40m is not lot for 4000pax ship probably less than a month revenue, under 2% of the 5 year revenue to get the ship serviced up to scratch.

Works out at around $5pppd over 5 years.

I suppose thats one way to look at it and does give credence I suppose to $40m but as I say it will all be disclosed its a public company:cool: