No More Int'l Menu on Last Night of Cruise So What's Replaced It?

bcd2010

How did that compare to the International dinner - is it much the same or will it be worth trying? We usually book the PG for the last night just to avoid the International dinner.:o

By the look of it, it's many of the the same dishes that used to be spread out throughout the week when there was a Culinary Council chef each day. Some are different though. The Jacques Torres dessert used to be a chocolate pumpkin device. That's been replaced by two other chocolate desserts.

By the look of it, it's many of the the same dishes that used to be spread out throughout the week when there was a Culinary Council chef each day. Some are different though. The Jacques Torres dessert used to be a chocolate pumpkin device. That's been replaced by two other chocolate desserts.

What type of device?:confused:

Thanks, POA. Maybe I'll give it a try.

What type of device?:confused:

It used to be a chocolate pumpkin cake. The two Torres desserts are now a chocolate strawberry ladyfinger cake, and chocolate coconut Napoleon.

That chocolate pumpkin cake qualifies as the worst dessert I've ever tasted on Hal. It was so dry and disgusting. Either that or I got a bad batch.

It's not just you. Huskerchick had high expectations for the dessert and it fell flat. It was particularly disappointing since Jacques Torres is oh so good at chocolate. We're hoping the new desserts are better. The chocolate pumpkin device has been a disappointment to us for several years.

We have not been happy with the MDR menu selection on the last night of our cruise for quite some time now, so we have taken up the habit of booking the Pinnacle for that evening. Plus, its a great way to end your cruise.

And no, we do not do this to avoid "extra" tipping of the MDR stewards. We make a point to give them their envelopes the prior night, if the service level warrants it (it normally does)!

Our recent Zeiderdam cruise, they had" An Evening with the Culinary Council", six "extraordinary chefs". The menu had two dishes from each chef prepared for HA. There was a nice selection of dishes from the six.

Very glad they have done away with the international menu! Last 4 cruises, we had hoped to NOT see it. Always just got a salad/soup as nothing appealed. I had decided this next cruise we would be in Pinnacle that evening. Maybe not if it has really changed! Will check it out next month on Westerdam.

- Does anyone have the 'new' last night menu to post? .

OP here - thank you for the replies - you convinced me - I just booked PG for the last night.

This is the first time we've sailed on a Signature class ship, so first time to try Tamarind (and Le Cirque, for that matter). When we booked we got the Anniversary package = OBC and free meals at Tamarind and Caneletto. So we'll end up in the MDR a max of 3 nights, the first night and the 2 gala nights.

I'm a little worried about the Tamarind. I don't like spicy foods and am not very "experimental" but with so many positive comments about it, I expect to enjoy it - and I know I can count on the wait staff to steer me in the right direction.

If you like steak, get the wasabi crusted steak with the wasabi on the side, Not spicy at all and amazingly delicious

[quote name='Gigi1977']Very glad they have done away with the international menu! Last 4 cruises, we had hoped to NOT see it. Always just got a salad/soup as nothing appealed. I had decided this next cruise we would be in Pinnacle that evening. Maybe not if it has really changed! Will check it out next month on Westerdam.

- Does anyone have the 'new' last night menu to post? .[/quote]

CrewNews posted this link for a menu from May. It seems similar to what we had on the last night in September. If the link doesn't work, see post #24.

[URL="http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/AL-15-Menu-Day-06.pdf"]http://www.rogerjett-photography.com...enu-Day-06.pdf[/URL]

[quote name='3rdGenCunarder']CrewNews posted this link for a menu from May. It seems similar to what we had on the last night in September. If the link doesn't work, see post #24.

[URL="http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/AL-15-Menu-Day-06.pdf"]http://www.rogerjett-photography.com...enu-Day-06.pdf[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks!