Please Help Explain Charges for in room movies

jasmith52

I was looking at the deck plans for the Celebrity Solstice ship. For each room there is a list of amenities. The following caught my eye:

Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies* The star(ie *) suggests (*Additional charges apply).

We have never paid for in-room movies before. Is that something I can expect ? Or am I missing something here ? My wife tends to watch lots of in-room movies on the television.

Keep in mind when looking for the movies...the free movies are accessed/listed with the Pay For View movies. I was just idly looking at what the Pay For View movies were...not intending to pay for one...and I see the Free for View movies are listed there! So there is no category to see the free ones without clicking on the list to see the Pay For View ones!

Keep in mind when looking for the movies...the free movies are accessed/listed with the Pay For View movies. I was just idly looking at what the Pay For View movies were...not intending to pay for one...and I see the Free for View movies are listed there! So there is no category to see the free ones without clicking on the list to see the Pay For View ones!

On the Eclipse they were not mixed - Free Films were in a completely different list

We have never paid for in-room movies before. Is that something I can expect ? Or am I missing something here ? My wife tends to watch lots of in-room movies on the television.

On Silhouette last month there were 2 separate lists for free and pay movies.

There were approx 12ish free movies (much fewer available than on my previous cruise).

They are very current - but not blockbusters ! - I remember there was "Noah" released 2014, "Fantastic Four" (2015), "5 Flights Up" (2015), "Age of Adaline" (2015) and "Run All Night" (2015).

Also occasionally they would show one of those free ones which are available in your room in the Celebrity Central Theatre (the small one).

We've been on Equinox twice, Silhoutte, Reflection and Eclipse twice and all 4 of these ships there are 2 separate sections. One is free and the other is pay per view. I've never gone into the pay per view section so there may in fact be the free ones there too, but we had no question as to whether or not it was free by choosing the free section. Hope this makes sense!

I agree that the choices have really been reduced from our earlier S class cruises...first one being on Solstice! But hopefully you will find something of interest....

On Eclipse in October the free selection was quite good, maybe about 10/12 movies in total and all quite new. The daily movie selection on board screened in Cel. Central was also taken from this list.

Most seemed quite new, we watched The Theory of Everything and The Second Best Marigold hotel, as you can see they were slanted towards UK tastes for a Southampton sailing.

If you like in-room movies, you should go on one of Princess's newest ships. I was on Regal and there were lots of free recent movies, and the tv is huge and on the wall opposite the bed. I didn't want to leave the room! :D

Agree.... we chose to watch a couple new movies we missed at home, rather than go to a couple shows in the theatre. Really good selection on Regal.

BUT, no way to use tvs for account info, making reservations etc. Too, we missed a good selection of music.

Edited by eandj