Ginger capsules- Which brand?

MMR555

Hi Everyone,

We'll be going our first cruise and want to be prepared in case of sea sickness. I want to use Ginger capsules. For those of you that have used Ginger in the past what brand do you use and where do you get them? Thank you.

46 more days!!

Crystalized ginger- usually in the spice area of supermarkets - is much less expensive and, in my opinion, more effective than capsules - it also tastes pretty good.

mmm candy. makes REALLY good molasses cookies.

also for the most benefit start taking it a day or two BEFORE you get on board.

Green Apples are the hidden secret as well. being in a suite usually, we almost always have at least one on our welcome fruit plate. but if th seas are ever rough, they become as scarce as hen's teeth in the public areas. I usually see them on the Buffet or whatever secondary eating area( Cafe Promenade on Royal ships for instance)

mmm candy. makes REALLY good molasses cookies.

also for the most benefit start taking it a day or two BEFORE you get on board.

Green Apples are the hidden secret as well. being in a suite usually, we almost always have at least one on our welcome fruit plate. but if th seas are ever rough, they become as scarce as hen's teeth in the public areas. I usually see them on the Buffet or whatever secondary eating area( Cafe Promenade on Royal ships for instance)

Green apples are fantastic.

Don't think brand makes any difference at all. Supplements like ginger are not regulated by any agency that I know of, so you're taking your chances with all of them (by that I mean quality, safety, potency, etc.). I don't mean to say you shouldn't take them, I do myself in very rough conditions, but I wouldn't waste time or money searching by brand name. I also prefer the crystallized ginger (especially dark chocolate covered from Trader Joe's!) but don't know whether it's more or less effective than the capsules/tablets.

Both Trader Joe's and Newman's own make real ginger "mints". They come in a tin (like Altoids), and travel very well. :cool:

Altoids used to make uncommonly strong Ginger Mints. I miss them..

may have to check out Newman's own. see if they are as good

Altoids used to make uncommonly strong Ginger Mints. I miss them..

may have to check out Newman's own. see if they are as good

If you have a Trader Joe's near you -- check their Ginger Mints out, too. IMHO, both those and the Newman's Own are very good.:cool:

I normally don't have any problem with the "motion of the ocean" -- and we've been through some rip-roaring storms, over the years. But, on our San Diego to Hawaii round-trip, I encountered what is known as a "beam sea" for the first time. Those side-facing Pacific waves took my sea legs right out from under me! :eek: Ginger mints and ice water saved my ..... ;)

Don't think brand makes any difference at all. Supplements like ginger are not regulated by any agency that I know of, so you're taking your chances with all of them (by that I mean quality, safety, potency, etc.). I don't mean to say you shouldn't take them, I do myself in very rough conditions, but I wouldn't waste time or money searching by brand name. I also prefer the crystallized ginger (especially dark chocolate covered from Trader Joe's!) but don't know whether it's more or less effective than the capsules/tablets.

Thank you. I know it's not regulated but was looking for something without a lot of other ingredients.

My wife uses crystallized ginger. we get it at the Trader Joe's. 8oz. bag $1.80. It's good tasting and it works. Have a great cruise!!

Tony

We have a Trader Joe's in Portland, I'll check there. Thanks!